NYC = FUCKED

NUKE_CLEVELAND

So I'm reading a little more about this. It seems the Taylor law was kind of forced through the state legislature in 1960 after a NYC Transit strike.

Also the national wing of TWU is not happy with the local's actions.

And the more I read about this, the more I think a full scale work stoppage may have been excessive. Instead maybe partial wildcatting might have been more effective. Monday - no private lines. Tuesday - no Subway. Weds - no buses. Thursday - no Metro North, etc.

Some other random information on the TWU/MTA strike.

MTA Executives gave themselves a 22% raise last year.

TWU accepted a 3 year contract with no raise in 2002 to help alleviate MTA budget shortfalls.

This year the MTA has been found to have kept two separate sets of books and hiding a surplus of approximately one billion dollars.

The MTA also offered to sell rights to property it owns to build a new stadium for the Jets at one-third the market value.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 22, 2005 -> 10:09 AM)
Looks like a settlement could be close...

http://nytimes.com/2005/12/22/nyregion/22c...agewanted=print

I hope so. Nobody really wins in a situation like this and the biggest losers are people who rely on transit to get to work and such.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 04:55 PM)
Some other random information on the TWU/MTA strike.

MTA Executives gave themselves a 22% raise last year.

TWU accepted a 3 year contract with no raise in 2002 to help alleviate MTA budget shortfalls.

This year the MTA has been found to have kept two separate sets of books and hiding a surplus of approximately one billion dollars.

The MTA also offered to sell rights to property it owns to build a new stadium for the Jets at one-third the market value.

The people of New York itself also support the strikers and blame management by a strong margin.