Corey Patterson for Gil Meche?

SSH2005

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/marin...p-4888715c.html

According to a source, the Mariners might have interest in trading Meche for another non-tendered player, Chicago Cubs center fielder Corey Patterson, who presumably has lost his job after the Cubs traded for Juan Pierre earlier this month.

One bum for another I guess.

You can trade non-tendered players? I thought that if you non-tendered them then they were basically free to negotiate with other teams. I didn't know the team still had rights to you. I have no idea how this works, that is why I am asking.

Edited by southsideirish

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
You can trade non-tendered players? I thought that if you non-tendered them then they were basically free to negotiate with other teams. I didn't know the team still had rights to you. I have no idea how this works, that is why I am asking.

I believe he was refering to trading players who were likely to be non-tendered. You're correct, upong their non-tendering they are free-agents. albiet free agents who are still subject to arbitration if they haven't reached their 6th full season.

http://www.heraldnet.com/stories/05/12/21/...mariners001.cfm

The Mariners reportedly have offered Meche in trade talks with the Chicago Cubs to acquire Corey Patterson, who would replace Reed in center. Patterson lost his job in center field early this month when the Cubs acquired Juan Pierre from the Florida Marlins. A left-handed hitter who has never played in the American League, Patterson batted .215 this year with 13 home runs and 34 RBI in 126 games last season.

Now that the Yankees have signed Johnny Damon, maybe the Mariners will trade Jeremy Reed to the Red Sox and trade Gil Meche for Corey Patterson.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(knightni @ Dec 21, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
Teh Mariners fail @ baseball.

It's Bill Bavasi's fault. That guy's probably one of the worst, if not the worst GM in baseball right now, and that's saying something.

Still, if he sticks to his guns in trading Reed, after what happened with the Red Sox today, he should end up with more than Brandon Arroyo, but this is Bavasi we're talking about.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Dec 21, 2005 -> 01:57 PM)
Cub Fan's Trade Idea :Patterson for Tejada

Reality:  Patterson for air fresheners around Wrigely

Still unfair. The air fresheners would have to have some sort of smell like "Newly fallen cement ceiling" or something like that.