Wille Harris & Timo Perez=Gone

AddisonStSox

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give us one more witty, insulting name variant for Perez for the road, won't you?

Oh, come on. Timo was a good bench guy in 2004 but he was very bad in 2005 and should have never been leading off for us at any point in the season. I think everyone agrees and I'm not the only one who is extremely happy with this move.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)
Oh, come on.  Timo was a good bench guy in 2004 but he was very bad in 2005 and should have never been leading off for us at any point in the season.  I think everyone agrees and I'm not the only one who is extremely happy with this move.

As happy as I am that Timo is gone, I'm just as happy with the organizational approach I see so far where they're not letting sentiments/personal friendships get in the way of making the SMART baseball decision. With that in mind, I still think we're more likely to see U. Urbina pitching for the Sox in June than we are Jon Garland.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 10:46 AM)
As happy as I am that Timo is gone, I'm just as happy with the organizational approach I see so far where they're not letting sentiments/personal friendships get in the way of making the SMART baseball decision.  With that in mind, I still think we're more likely to see U. Urbina pitching for the Sox in June than we are Jon Garland.

Will he have one of those things around his ankle?

As happy as I am that Timo is gone, I'm just as happy with the organizational approach I see so far where they're not letting sentiments/personal friendships get in the way of making the SMART baseball decision.  With that in mind, I still think we're more likely to see U. Urbina pitching for the Sox in June than we are Jon Garland.

Urbina would be a good pick up but I think many people would be very upset with him coming to the Sox. I remember how many people didn't want Pierzynski because of the clubhouse cancer rumors. Of course, attempted murder charges are a bit more serious than being a clubhouse cancer. :o

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
Urbina would be a good pick up but I think many people would be very upset with him coming to the Sox.  I remember how many people didn't want Pierzynski because of the clubhouse cancer rumors.  Of course, attempted murder charges are a bit more serious than being a clubhouse cancer.  :o

Don't worry, Urbina's rep for being a clubhouse cancer is about equal to his attempted murder charges. However, that's a discussion for another day. Let's get back to the real reason for this thread....the end of the Timo era! You can argue he's the only member of the playoff roster who didn't do a damn thing to help us in the postseason (Hermanson is the only other person who didn't really contribute).

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
What's more tiresome is seeing every member of the team get a clever nickname like jizz or el puke or dumbasso, etc.

^^^

No joke. I am glad to see these guys go just so I don't have to listen to the over the ledge crowd complain about them... unfortunately, they will just find someone else to b**** about, just call it faith.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 20, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
^^^

No joke.  I am glad to see these guys go just so I don't have to listen to the over the ledge crowd complain about them... unfortunately, they will just find someone else to b**** about, just call it faith.

Were the Timo jokes that bad after the new policies on this board? I thought things cleaned up pretty well.

Again, Perez could be back on a minor league deal. I am not in favor of it, I don't think it will happen, but it's possible.

On the other hand, I do not think it's possible with Harris, too much water under the bridge.

KW must have really been turned off by Harris' refusal to play SS in winter ball. He was a big Willie Harris guy for a long while IIRC.

I agree.

By the way, it also appears KW is really turned off by Garland turning down the contract extension offer.

Hmmm ...

:ph34r: