6 starters

KevHead0881

We know how Kenny is and there is a good chance he's just blowing smoke here, but these comments still seem noteworthy...

"If I had to guess right now, we will go to Spring Training with all six and figure it out from there," Williams said. "As I've told you guys before, I'll always explore avenues and opportunities for this team to try to get better."

Vazquez officially headed to South Side

Some other good quotes from Vazquez as well.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Dec 21, 2005 -> 12:14 AM)
Garland stays as does the other 5 and we use a 6 man rotation that includes McCarthy. Garland will sign an extension with the Sox. I have the inside scoop/

I don't believe this for a second. It would take 4/40 to even get Garland to think about signing right now.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Dec 21, 2005 -> 01:06 AM)
I don't believe this for a second. It would take 4/40 to even get Garland to think about signing right now.

Garland is probably thinking he can get 20 wins this year.

Looking for a 5 year 65 million dollar deal as a free agent.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 21, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
How about the part of the article that says the White Sox are currently over budget?

What are we currently at, for the moment? I know it's probably going to end up somewhere b/w the $85-90M mark.

All this tells us is that Kenny has not gotten any bites that were good offers. He will hold out for more. People go down in spring training or early season. His cards maybe better at that time. I am sure he wants to unload garland but he has not gotten what he thinks is good trade material in return. The problem with this is we will need relievers in hte meantime. He maybe over budget and hopefully he will be allowed to start over budget. We will see.

QUOTE(quickman @ Dec 21, 2005 -> 06:44 AM)
All this tells us is that Kenny has not gotten any bites that were good offers. He will hold out for more. People go down in spring training or early season. His cards maybe better at that time. I am sure he wants to unload garland but he has not gotten what he thinks is good trade material in return. The problem with this is we will need relievers in hte meantime. He maybe over budget and hopefully he will be allowed to start over budget. We will see.

This is basically it. Kenny wants to get rid of Jon but once again for leverage you can't publically say you are trying to unload a guy. I believe KW will wait and see until he gets an offer that blows his socks off ;).

Edited by Rowand44

The key date is the arbitration hearing. Obviously, either they work out a deal or he goes to arbitration. My guess is he's moved before a hearing.

There are still pitchers out there (Boras clients) so all the pieces haven't fallen into place. White Sox are in a good position with this, there is no rush.

Also there are tons of non tender bullpen and 4th OF candidates, they will definitely bring in a few guys.