For Dems only.

Texsox

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 18, 2006 -> 11:19 PM)
The race to replace Vilsack is heating up here, with democrat Chet Culver holding a one percentage point lead over Jim Nussle.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/2006/State...%20February.htm

This is going to be a fun race. I remember when I was 7 or so I got Jim Nussle's autograph in a parade, I felt special, haha.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 12:50 AM)
Interesting piece on the U.S's. construction of the "Damn these are going to be here for so long they even have a Subway and a Starbucks but they're really not permanent" bases in Iraq and the U.S. media's refusal to ask any serious questions about them.

We will leave when the Iraqi people want us to leave. But we're the only ones who will know what they really really want.

Case in point, who would have thought the true hidden desiire of the Iraqi people would be for the US to come in and create a situation where they are 64x more likely to die in an act of violence before we arrived? :huh:

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)
We will leave when the Iraqi people want us to leave.  But we're the only ones who will know what they really really want.

Case in point, who would have thought the true hidden desiire of the Iraqi people would be for the US to come in and create a situation where they are 64x more likely to die in an act of violence before we arrived? :huh:

You're right, they'd have a much better shot of surviving if all the people had to do was bow down to Saddam and kiss his ring, or butt, depending on how you like it.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 09:47 AM)
You're right, they'd have a much better shot of surviving if all the people had to do was bow down to Saddam and kiss his ring, or butt, depending on how you like it.

Saddam was gone almost three years ago. And we're just getting set up for a long stay.

LAT

For Americans troubled by the prospect of federal agents eavesdropping on their phone conversations or combing through their Internet records, there is good news: A little-known board exists in the White House whose purpose is to ensure that privacy and civil liberties are protected in the fight against terrorism.

Someday, it might actually meet.

Initially proposed by the bipartisan commission that investigated the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board was created by the intelligence overhaul that President Bush signed into law in December 2004.

More than a year later, it exists only on paper.

What happens when a command sergeant major just home from Iraq is denied entrance to a George Bush rally and threatened with arrest because he's brought a couple of his students with him — and one of them has a John Kerry sticker on his wallet? Answer: He gets mad. And then he decides to run for Congress. As a Democrat.

Jack Abramoff was paid $1.2 million to arrange a meeting between former Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad and President Bush. The Rove connection: Abramoff contacted Karl Rove “on at least 4 occasionsto help arrange a meeting, according to an eyewitness to the activities.” When the meeting was finalized, “Rove’s office called to tell Abramoff personally.”

I'm feeling a swing to the Dem side of the aisle. I only wish the party would start swinging to the right, and meet some of the moderate Republicans. Hell, I'd like to have the party swing a little to the right to meet me again. :D

America for Sale: the cost of Republican Corruption.

130 page report on the ways Republicans have hurt this country in efforts to enrich their campaign contributors/friends/cronies, etc. From the same group that a few months ago released a report detailing all of the Republican abuses of procedural rules in the House.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 06:21 PM)
I'm feeling a swing to the Dem side of the aisle. I only wish the party would start swinging to the right, and meet some of the moderate Republicans. Hell, I'd like to have the party swing a little to the right to meet me again.  :D

I "dress to the right" if that makes any difference. :D

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 07:52 PM)

Wow.

I honestly just don't understand how some people can think that Fox News is anything even in the vicinity of objective journalism. Its a joke. There may be validity to the argument that the major networks' news leans slightly left... but Fox is still trying to find the right field line from the seats.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 09:15 AM)
Wow.

I honestly just don't understand how some people can think that Fox News is anything even in the vicinity of objective journalism.  Its a joke.  There may be validity to the argument that the major networks' news leans slightly left... but Fox is still trying to find the right field line from the seats.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective. I believe FoxNews is slanted to the right. But I also believe the major networks, CNN and MSNBC are very left leaning.

I didn't realize what thread I was in. I'll delete this post if requested.

Edited by YASNY

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 10:52 AM)
I guess it's all a matter of perspective.  I believe FoxNews is slanted to the right.  But I also believe the major networks, CNN and MSNBC are very left leaning.

I didn't realize what thread I was in.  I'll delete this post if requested.

No need, YAS, we are the Party of Inclusiveness! Welcome aboard! :P

QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 10:52 AM)
I guess it's all a matter of perspective.  I believe FoxNews is slanted to the right.  But I also believe the major networks, CNN and MSNBC are very left leaning.

I didn't realize what thread I was in.  I'll delete this post if requested.

When a network runs a caption box asking if one party is "declaring war" on America, they have lost all credibility as a "news" source. They are now a 24/7 editorial service.

You won't see stuff like that on CNN, or the networks, or in any major newspapers (in their news sections, not editorials or columnists), against the GOP or any party.

Edited by NorthSideSox72