For Dems only.

Texsox

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 08:27 PM)
So who are the other two?

Ohh! Me! Me!!

And Dubya misses out on his next big Bullhorn Moment - whodathunkit?

And he's still doin' a heckuva job.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

Nah, instead of that birthday cake, GWB should have played God and veered the hurricane away from N.O. ... but since he's so f***ing evil, he decided to let it hit N.O. and created the grand conspiracy known as project Failure FEMA... because he hates poor, African Americans. He KNEW Katrina was going to hit and that 1,700 people would lose their lives, but he LET IT HAPPEN ON HIS WATCH! DAMN HIM!.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 09:05 AM)
Nah, instead of that birthday cake, GWB should have played God and veered the hurricane away from N.O. ... but since he's so f***ing evil, he decided to let it hit N.O. and created the grand conspiracy known as project Failure FEMA... because he hates poor, African Americans. He KNEW Katrina was going to hit and that 1,700 people would lose their lives, but he LET IT HAPPEN ON HIS WATCH! DAMN HIM!.

Still in all, I'd have at least thought he'd have risen to the occasion for a big Bullhorn Moment. That's about the extent of his worth in these situations.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 08:29 AM)
Still in all, I'd have at least thought he'd have risen to the occasion for a big Bullhorn Moment. That's about the extent of his worth in these situations.

Bush probably should have pushed harder once things started to get ugly, but I think his only major gaffe from Katrina happened almost 5 years prior to the event.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 01:36 PM)
Bush probably should have pushed harder once things started to get ugly, but I think his only major gaffe from Katrina happened almost 5 years prior to the event.

What gaffe, was it that he took office? :D

Different discussion for a different time, but at the national level, there's no way in hell that *I* make a difference. That's partly why I'm so apathetic and snarky. Honestly, I don't know who I would even throw my support behind, because none of them appear worth it to me. Politics is so sad for me, which is why I'm just cynical at the end of the day. I wish it weren't that way, but it's just sort of the nature of the world we live in.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 06:48 PM)
No offense, but snark gets old when there's nothing but apathy behind it.

If you see someone you think can make a positive difference you work for it.

Even if your candidate doesn't necessarily win, his ideas might. Especially in a primary season.

And, I did say exactly that, and I meant it. I *AM* apethetic toward our politicians now. All of them. It is sad when our political wilderness has become what it has. It's a series of blunders, power trips, hypcritcal mass hysteria... and it's damn depressing.

There are some ideas that are worth supporting, but I don't see any of them that are genuine enough on these same ideas to dedicate time to them on a national level.

Ok, I've finally found a good reason for a reporter to grant a source anonymity: you can get quotes like this one, on the Republican's Senate situation for 2008:

"It's always darkest right before you get clobbered over the head with a pipe wrench. But then it actually does get darker," said a GOP pollster who insisted on anonymity in order to speak candidly.

September 4, 2007

The Top 15 Republican Election '08 Bumper Stickers

15> Who do you want on your side in a fight, Bono or Nugent?

14> We're NOT gay!

13> GOP: Gets your whites whiter.

12> Stay the curse!

11> Join the GOP! There's plenty of room in the closet.

10> We have a VERY wide stance.

Read the rest on our website: http://TopFive.com

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 02:27 PM)
Also, some parts of the Patriot Act were struck down by a U.S. District Court judge yesterday.

And oh yeah, the economy is now losing jobs.

Really not a good week for BushCo.

Honestly, what went wrong for Dubya? As I've stated many times I really like the guy personally. I would love for him to have done well. Standing on that mound of rubble with the bull horn and he had America lock stock and barrel. Had he duplicated that with the hurricane, he could have rode another couple years.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 7, 2007 -> 02:57 PM)
Honestly, what went wrong for Dubya? As I've stated many times I really like the guy personally. I would love for him to have done well. Standing on that mound of rubble with the bull horn and he had America lock stock and barrel. Had he duplicated that with the hurricane, he could have rode another couple years.

What went wrong? You mean other than the fact that it was clear from early on that he wasn't capable of handling the job? Seriously, the list is so long I wouldn't know where to start.