For Dems only.

Texsox

This is amusing enough for me to stick somewhere.

Why We’re All Going to Hell, Part 54,302

A multi-billionaire industrialist donates 97% of his fortune to help fund clean water in Africa, education for blind children, and housing for the mentally ill, and it’s presented by one of the largest news organizations in the world in terms of what it means for Paris Hilton.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A cannibal was walking through the jungle and came upon a restaurant operated by a fellow cannibal. Feeling somewhat hungry, he sat down and looked over the menu . . .

+ Tourist: $5

+ Broiled Missionary: $10.00

+ Fried Explorer: $15.00

+ Baked Democrat or Grilled Republican: $100.00

The cannibal called the waiter over and asked, 'Why such a price difference for the politician?' The cook replied, "Have you ever tried to clean one? They're so full of s***, it takes all morning."

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 22, 2008 -> 03:53 PM)
Come on YAS. Bush is a dick, but he's not THAT stupid.

If the U.S go into a recession (which is probable) it's probably a good time for him to get out of there really.

But I don't think he's really left the best legacy or platform for the next president you'd say (this is just from an outsider's point of view).

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 22, 2008 -> 07:41 AM)
All it would take is another 9/11 type of incident. I hope I'm very wrong about this. We'll see.

You act like this is Pakistan. I don't care if a "9/11 event" happened on January 1 of next year. This country will still go on, with a new president, on January 20, 2009. Period.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 22, 2008 -> 08:12 AM)
You act like this is Pakistan. I don't care if a "9/11 event" happened on January 1 of next year. This country will still go on, with a new president, on January 20, 2009. Period.

ok

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 22, 2008 -> 08:55 AM)
ok

:lol:

Short, sweet and to the point!

Hey, you and I see a lot of things very similiarly, and I agree that GWB has handled himself about as poor as a president can, but he's not bats*** crazy. :lol:

Anyway, I digress. Have a good one, sir. I better get at the daily grind.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 22, 2008 -> 08:57 AM)
:lol:

Short, sweet and to the point!

Hey, you and I see a lot of things very similiarly, and I agree that GWB has handled himself about as poor as a president can, but he's not bats*** crazy. :lol:

Anyway, I digress. Have a good one, sir. I better get at the daily grind.

Yes, we do have a similar outlook most of the time. How'd you get so damn smart? :cheers

..but what if it happened on Nov. 1st? Would he delay elections?

I'd just like to point out one interesting thing. I think most everyone here seems to think that even GW doesn't have the cojones to try to hold onto power after his term is scheduled to end.

And yet, on the other hand...that's exactly what Rudy tried to do in NYC after the attacks there. Weeks after them even.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 22, 2008 -> 11:09 AM)
I'd just like to point out one interesting thing. I think most everyone here seems to think that even GW doesn't have the cojones to try to hold onto power after his term is scheduled to end.

And yet, on the other hand...that's exactly what Rudy tried to do in NYC after the attacks there. Weeks after them even.

Which is why he's a certified assmonkey.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 22, 2008 -> 09:12 AM)

I don't believe that, and in that event I don't believe transitioning power at that time would be realistic – though transitioning at the soonest practical time thereafter would be necessary. That's not any conspiracy mindset either. I just think that it would be extremely difficult to proceed with an orderly transfer of power three weeks after several-thousand US civilians were killed in a terrorist attack and when there are obviously going to be all sorts of retaliatory military plans in the offing.

Besides if you really want to believe the worst of a party, wouldn't it be much easier just to steal another election, and install another proxy President, instead of risking a HUGE public backlash?