For Dems only.

Texsox

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 30, 2008 -> 11:47 AM)
Wow, Freaky, I just got Yas to agree with Feingold.

In the last few months, I've probably been more critical of GWB than you have. The f***er scares me. I mentioned a few days ago that I wouldn't be shocked to see him pull some s*** to try and stay in power. I'd almost be willing to bet that a major offensive action against Iran occurs before he leaves office.

Edited by YASNY

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 30, 2008 -> 09:57 AM)
In the lasy few months, I've probably been more critical of GWB than you have. The f***er scares me. I mentioned a few days ago that I wouldn't be shocked to see him pull some s*** to try and stay in power. I'd almost be willing to bet that a major offensive action against Iran occurs before he leaves office.

With Senator McCain on the ticket...I think the worry of that is lessened. That'll be part of McCain's first 100 days.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 30, 2008 -> 11:58 AM)
With Senator McCain on the ticket...I think the worry of that is lessened. That'll be part of McCain's first 100 days.

I'd be just as willing to say it would be part of Hillary's first 100 days.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 1, 2008 -> 11:58 AM)
MN Senate Poll:

Franken 43%

Coleman 40%.

Coleman is running to the center pretty desperately; it's fun to watch. He is a shameless opportunist, but a genuinely nice guy, according to friends of mine who know him.

I like the fact that if he does lose to Franken (who is not a complete shoo-in for the nomination at this point, BTW), Coleman will have lost separate elections both to a Satirist and a Professional Wrestler.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 2, 2008 -> 06:34 PM)
I bet if this was a story about Canadians going somewhere for health coverage, the other side would be all over it.

Dental insurance is not medical insurance, and far from it.

My inlaws who live in New Mexico go to Mexico all the time for this very reason. But they certainly don't go to Mexico to have a major surgical procedure done.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Feb 1, 2008 -> 04:35 PM)
People working with Clinton campaign compare Obama ad to a Nazi rally

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/020...are_mailer.html

pathetic. but i wouldn't expect anything less from the Clintons or their cronies.

It was not a person apart of the Clinton campaign, but a person apart of a group working for universal healthcare. Mark Penn, Clinton's cheif strategist was on the same conference call he and said the Nazi comment was too far and not something he supports though he understands the passion that it invokes.

Why dont you do a little more research instead of listening to sound bytes and little blurbs in the media. The whole media transcript ti readily available to read.

Why not get upset at Obama's tactics, I am a uniter not a divider, sending out rehashed repug agendas against Clinton.

Edited by Misplaced_Sox

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Feb 1, 2008 -> 04:35 PM)
People working with Clinton campaign compare Obama ad to a Nazi rally

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/020...are_mailer.html

pathetic. but i wouldn't expect anything less from the Clintons or their cronies.

Clinton Campaign on Health Care Conference Call

2/1/2008 2:51:42 PM

Earlier today, the Clinton campaign held a conference call to discuss the Obama campaign's negative health care mailer, which is reminiscent of Harry and Louise ads used by industry to defeat universal health care in the early 1990s. At the end of the call, Howard Wolfson made the following statement:

"I heard someone make a reference to a march in Skokie in comparison to the photograph in the mailer which is not a comparison that we would make. And everyone on the call is obviously very passionate about this issue, and rightfully so, but that is not a comparison that we would make."

These remarks were made by a health care expert unaffiliated with our campaign. They were totally inappropriate and the campaign rejects them completely.

I expect an apology for your misuse of information. Perhaps you can actually go and read stuff for yourself.

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Feb 3, 2008 -> 09:18 PM)

Earlier today, the Clinton campaign held a conference call to discuss the Obama campaign's negative health care mailer, which is reminiscent of Harry and Louise ads used by industry to defeat universal health care in the early 1990s. At the end of the call, Howard Wolfson made the following statement:

"I heard someone make a reference to a march in Skokie in comparison to the photograph in the mailer which is not a comparison that we would make. And everyone on the call is obviously very passionate about this issue, and rightfully so, but that is not a comparison that we would make."

These remarks were made by a health care expert unaffiliated with our campaign. They were totally inappropriate and the campaign rejects them completely.

I expect an apology for your misuse of information. Perhaps you can actually go and read stuff for yourself.

:lolhitting

That's priceless.

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Feb 3, 2008 -> 09:18 PM)

Ok fella, a couple things. One, Mr. G specifically referred to someone "working with" the Clinton campaign - not the campaign itself. So its debatable if he was even wrong.

Second, even if he was dead wrong, you need to cool down your response a bit. No one is going to "apologize" for their assertions in here, unless it was some sort of insult, particularly against another poster. There is a big difference between an allegation of dirty campaign tactics (which we will hear a lot of in here), and some sort of attack worthy of an apology. If you cannot see the difference, you may be better off not posting in here.

On the other hand... if you can understand that difference, it would be great to have a Clinton supporter in here. I don't think we really have one of those, at least not one who posts regularly. The more variety in here, the better.

Even if you re-read the link he provided the man you posted the trash from his blog is apologizing. I think people should responsible for the mis- information he spreads. The guy who made that comment does not work for Hillary at all but a group for United Health Care, so because Hillary and John Edwards were working for UHC that means he worked with both, but he is not one of their campaign.

It is Obama suporters quick to jump in the lap of a politician they dont know, Obama, and believe the media's misrepresentation of another, Clinton.

I grew up on the South Side, I know Obama. A big talker with no results. Those Robert Taylor Homes plans, to make those on welfare and government housing feel "they finally can be fit with regular society" never materialized from him. Instead they get shipped from Chicago to Tinley, Downstate into other projects. I cannot remember one time where he can to my doorstep with big ideas, getting everyone excited and actually did anything about it.

Radiation in your drinking water, I will fight for you. Special interests come into equation, Obama backs down and now Exelon is off the hook, because he took the teeth out of his own agenda.

Some leader, paper champion.

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Feb 4, 2008 -> 12:05 PM)
Even if you re-read the link he provided the man you posted the trash from his blog is apologizing. I think people should responsible for the mis- information he spreads. The guy who made that comment does not work for Hillary at all but a group for United Health Care, so because Hillary and John Edwards were working for UHC that means he worked with both, but he is not one of their campaign.

It is Obama suporters quick to jump in the lap of a politician they dont know, Obama, and believe the media's misrepresentation of another, Clinton.

I grew up on the South Side, I know Obama. A big talker with no results. Those Robert Taylor Homes plans, to make those on welfare and government housing feel "they finally can be fit with regular society" never materialized from him. Instead they get shipped from Chicago to Tinley, Downstate into other projects. I cannot remember one time where he can to my doorstep with big ideas, getting everyone excited and actually did anything about it.

Radiation in your drinking water, I will fight for you. Special interests come into equation, Obama backs down and now Exelon is off the hook, because he took the teeth out of his own agenda.

Some leader, paper champion.

:unsure:

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Feb 4, 2008 -> 03:15 PM)
What? Just because I have grown up in the ghetto on the South side and have heard Obama's promise of change before I cant post a thought?

Please take it easy. Yes, you can post any thought you'd like, so long as it isn't a personal attack or anything that violates the website's policies. And yes, people can respond to you with a skeptical smiley face, if they'd like.

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Feb 4, 2008 -> 09:15 PM)
What? Just because I have grown up in the ghetto on the South side and have heard Obama's promise of change before I cant post a thought?

soxtalk doesn't like when people from the south side post here.