For Dems only.

Texsox

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 07:29 PM)
Unreal. He just yelled out "Are you ready for the next president of the United States of America!!!!" as he introduced her. What a bunch of delusional people in that campaign.

wait, what? are you serious? Maybe they really ARE hoping for the assassination thing.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 10:50 PM)
And not surprising. As far to the right as Fox News is, MSNBC is just as far to the left.

Well, I wouldnt go THAT far. If I had to rank them numerically (1 being far left, 10 being far right), I'd put MSNBC at 2.5 and Fox News at 9.5. I cant get a read on CNN, but I think about a 4. As for ABC News, I never watch it, no idea.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 12:39 PM)
Well, I wouldnt go THAT far. If I had to rank them numerically (1 being far left, 10 being far right), I'd put MSNBC at 2.5 and Fox News at 9.5. I cant get a read on CNN, but I think about a 4. As for ABC News, I never watch it, no idea.

Geez, Fox isn't THAT bad. MSNBC is pretty biased though, I'd say about as much as Fox. I honestly don't think CNN is as biased as people say.

Then again, having Sean Hannity on your network everyday is automatic super-conservative points.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 12:04 PM)
Geez, Fox isn't THAT bad. MSNBC is pretty biased though, I'd say about as much as Fox. I honestly don't think CNN is as biased as people say.

Then again, having Sean Hannity on your network everyday is automatic super-conservative points.

Fox IS that bad. They've even all but acknowledged it. Hannity + O'Reily? come on now.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 01:15 PM)
Fox IS that bad. They've even all but acknowledged it. Hannity + O'Reily? come on now.

No kidding. Even their morning show went over the top in attacking Obama over the Rev Wright issue.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 01:04 PM)

If Fox is biased for having Hannity on everyday, that makes MSNBC biased for having Olbermann on everyday.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 01:08 PM)
If Fox is biased for having Hannity on everyday, that makes MSNBC biased for having Olbermann on everyday.

that's not the sole reason it's biased...

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 11:36 AM)

Honestly though...there really is nothing at all wrong with having a biased, conservative news network. The 2 things I have a problem with are: 1. The way they've played themselves as "fair and balanced" and for the last 10 years or so have dragged all the other media down and to the right in an effort to try to "Out-fox Fox" (See; the existence of shows belonging to Glenn Beck, Michael Savage, Joe Scarborough, the Donahue firing, the entire run up and first few years of the Iraq war, etc), and 2. The lack of a comparable alternative from my side, although MSNBC finally seems to be catching on to the idea that you're not going to steal Fox's audience by being Fox v. 2.0 but you might have a shot at them by being the anti-Fox. Giving Rachel Maddow a show would be a nice step also.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 02:36 PM)

They pretty much use Republican talking points and memos to shape their news coverage. Remember when they started drumming up the case for war with Iran the EXACT same time Bush was? hmmmm.....

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 03:08 PM)

That's almost what I just said. Olbermann is like Obama's cheerleader.

I really HATE the new trend in personality-driven journalism.

Edited by lostfan

The long, long, long, long , long, long, long, long, long, long, long awaited "Phase 2" of the Senate Iraq intel report, the one looking at whether or not the Administration overstated the intelligence case in their pursuit of their war in Iraq is actually out. Here is a press release form summary of the documents, with the full reports available as pdf files at the link.

The Committee’s report cites several conclusions in which the Administration’s public statements were NOT supported by the intelligence. They include:

Ø Statements and implications by the President and Secretary of State suggesting that Iraq and al-Qa’ida had a partnership, or that Iraq had provided al-Qa’ida with weapons training, were not substantiated by the intelligence.

Ø Statements by the President and the Vice President indicating that Saddam Hussein was prepared to give weapons of mass destruction to terrorist groups for attacks against the United States were contradicted by available intelligence information.

Ø Statements by President Bush and Vice President Cheney regarding the postwar situation in Iraq, in terms of the political, security, and economic, did not reflect the concerns and uncertainties expressed in the intelligence products.

Ø Statements by the President and Vice President prior to the October 2002 National Intelligence Estimate regarding Iraq’s chemical weapons production capability and activities did not reflect the intelligence community’s uncertainties as to whether such production was ongoing.

Ø The Secretary of Defense’s statement that the Iraqi government operated underground WMD facilities that were not vulnerable to conventional airstrikes because they were underground and deeply buried was not substantiated by available intelligence information.

Ø The Intelligence Community did not confirm that Muhammad Atta met an Iraqi intelligence officer in Prague in 2001 as the Vice President repeatedly claimed.

Additionally, the Committee issued a report on the Intelligence Activities Relating to Iraq conducted by the Policy Counterterrorism Evaluation Group and the Office of Special Plans within the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Policy. The report found that the clandestine meetings between Pentagon officials and Iranians in Rome and Paris were inappropriate and mishandled from beginning to end. Deputy National Security Advisor Steve Hadley and Deputy Secretary Paul Wolfowitz failed to keep the Intelligence Community and the State Department appropriately informed about the meetings. The involvement of Manucher Ghobanifer and Michael Ledeen in the meetings was inappropriate. Potentially important information collected during the meetings was withheld from intelligence agencies by Pentagon officials. Finally, senior Defense Department officials cut short internal investigations of the meetings and failed to implement the recommendations of their own counterintelligence experts.

I think this does officially sum it up...these people were lying. Maybe not all the time. But at least some of the time.

Yep, studied, expert testimony concluding that the administration knowingly lied us into the war, and it will be barely a blip in the MSM or in the public perception.

The BushCo imperial hubris is well into it's eighth year.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 4, 2008 -> 04:24 PM)
I really HATE the new trend in personality-driven journalism.

Amen on that. You honestly can't take in ANY MSM news anymore without an inherent and obvious bias in either direction anymore. It's the reason ratings just plumet year after year among all the news channels, people want the news, not some pompous ass newspersons opinion.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 6, 2008 -> 03:47 AM)
Amen on that. You honestly can't take in ANY MSM news anymore without an inherent and obvious bias in either direction anymore. It's the reason ratings just plumet year after year among all the news channels, people want the news, not some pompous ass newspersons opinion.

I wish that were true, but unfortunately it is not.