For Dems only.

Texsox

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 07:13 AM)
Oh, there is a point to this rant? Huh. I'll hang up and wait for your answer.

Well I guess my morning can't get any worse:

Couldn't add the following: southsider2k5. This could be because they are already in your list or they are not affected by the ignore list or the member name does not exist.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 06:15 AM)
Well I guess my morning can't get any worse:

LOL. You do know, that I know, that you can't block an admin silly. Anyways, maybe if you ask for a little respect AND show a little respect for the opposite threads, it would happen again. I pretty much gave up when I asked for a little respect of the opposing threads from you and AHB and got none. I have no problems leaving this thread alone if I also get the same respect in return.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 06:25 AM)
For the most part the Dem thread gets left alone, it does seem the GOP thread gets trashed more often of the two.

You know, I actually chime in (this thread) when I agree with the Dems... at least most of the time.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 08:52 AM)
You know, I actually chime in (this thread) when I agree with the Dems... at least most of the time.

That's not what I mean though, I'm talking about full-blown arguments or at least things posted in there that obviously don't belong, sniping, etc. It's kind of hard to define that. I think I end up posting about the same in either thread for various reasons but when I think it's going to escalate I back out.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 08:10 AM)
That's not what I mean though, I'm talking about full-blown arguments or at least things posted in there that obviously don't belong, sniping, etc. It's kind of hard to define that. I think I end up posting about the same in either thread for various reasons but when I think it's going to escalate I back out.

Hear ya.

I do think that:

gay marriage decisions at the federal level is asinine

John McCain is a bad choice of a nominee

GOP spending was/is out of control

the "my way or the highway" rhetoric coming out of Washington with both parties, but in particular from GWB, is pathetic

the environment is definitely a concern and needs to be looked at

the tit fot tat political campaign promises (from both parties) are just insane

There's some common ground I have with my donkey friends. :lol:

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 04:45 PM)
wow you guys are still all worked up over those swiftboat ads. oh, for a million dollars, you can get people to vouch for just about anything :lol:

Frankly, yes, I'm still pissed off over those Swiftboat ads. Mostly at the fact that the media did such a wonderful job of selling them when statement after statement in them was just obviously and blatantly false.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 06:50 PM)
Frankly, yes, I'm still pissed off over those Swiftboat ads. Mostly at the fact that the media did such a wonderful job of selling them when statement after statement in them was just obviously and blatantly false.

The media just played the ads, they didn't say any of it was true. Oh well, hopefully baby Alex will be safe from the evil kidnapping John McCain. Kerry can come out and stab McCain in the back again too, "yes, John McCain steals little babies and sends them to Iraq. He must be stopped". Or maybe General Betrayus will chime in and defend John McSame.

ah yes, good old politics.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 07:04 PM)
The media just played the ads, they didn't say any of it was true. Oh well, hopefully baby Alex will be safe from the evil kidnapping John McCain. Kerry can come out and stab McCain in the back again too, "yes, John McCain steals little babies and sends them to Iraq. He must be stopped". Or maybe General Betrayus will chime in and defend John McSame.

ah yes, good old politics.

Is there any reason to have GOP and Dem only threads anymore? Half of the posts are snark. :huh

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 07:05 PM)
Is there any reason to have GOP and Dem only threads anymore? Half of the posts are snark. :huh

BigSqwert, you probably have more posts in the GOP only thread than me. :lolhitting

I was just trying to point out that the Democrats have groups that put out attack ads as well.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 25, 2008 -> 08:18 PM)
Big, we are on no ground to complain about invading other threads. lol

I have been going out of my way to avoid the GOP only thread. I rarely look in there anymore.

And I'm not singling out 'intruders' in this thread. I realize it goes both ways.

*That's what she said*

Edited by BigSqwert