Regift...or not?

Steff

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 21, 2005 -> 12:02 PM)
Not usually, but you can regift them to me... I don't mind :lol:

Same here! I haven't bought any of the Sox DVDs yet. The only DVDs I'm allowed to buy say "Dora the Explorer" and "Bob the Builder" on them. :lol:

I have no problem with regifting. The way I see it, if you haven't used the gift, and don't want it, and the person receiving it has a better chance of wanting and using it than you did, everyone wins.

But I don't need your WS DVD, Steff - both DVDs ( WS and Sox Pride ) were front and center on my wish list, and if NO ONE got them for me.........well, ain't nobody having a Merry Christmas in MY house........

QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 21, 2005 -> 11:57 AM)
I got 7 World Series DVD's.. obviously I didn't need all of them so I wrapped them up and am passing them along.

Anyone else regift?

Same thing, seems everyone figured that I needed one of those Dvd's, ummmm people, im a die hard fan, I go to ridiculous amounts of games, I went to playoff games, half my wardrobe is sox gear, I post on a sox message board, dont you think I MAY have bought myself that dvd when it came out???

The looks on their faces are the best,"well I thought you might like something like this." No s***, I liked it when I bought it the minute it came out, maybe you thought I hadnt heard or seen that this product existed? RE-GIFT

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Dec 21, 2005 -> 02:49 PM)
I don't think I've ever regifted anything. I usually don't know anyone that would like the stuff that I get. I'll just return it to Wal-Mart (they'll take back anything) and get somthing else that I do want.

I sure as hell wasn't walking into Target (I don't shop at that s***hole WalMart) with 7 of the same DVD's.

This is the second time I've regifted. The first was tickets to a play I had no interest in seeing, but my folks did. I added to the gift and sent them to dinner at the Grotto as well.

If the gift is appropriate and useful then regifting is fine by me. I'd say it is not acceptable if it is just a way to pass along junk to avoid spending money on someone. But if the gift is something they would enjoy, go for it!!

The best gifts sometimes are the ones that are most appropriate for that particular person at that time. This is not an example of regifting, but I think the best gift I ever got my father for Christmas cost me $3.

I walked into a Barnes & Noble a few days before Christmas many years ago and was perusing the Bargan Book section. I found a book basically chronicling (sp?) the Indiana 1993 basketball season, which was one of their better teams.

Anyway, it was on clearance for $3 so I bought it, thinking my day would enjoy reading it. The next day, Indiana came to Evansville to play against UE. I worked at a bar at night and was out shopping that day. The girl on day shift called me and said Bob Knight and a few others just walked in to have lunch. I was about 5 minutes away so I headed over. As I was getting out of the car, I noticed I still had the book from the night before in the back seat. I brought it in with me.

After eating lunch, Knight agreed to take some pictures with the staff and sign for a couple of people. There wasn't much of a crowd since this was more of a night spot (the food was still good). After everything calmed down, I asked him if he would sign it to my father. He did so with a brief message to my dad and then told me it would be a good idea to have the author sign it as well. I looked at him puzzled and he handed it to Bob Hammel sitting next to him and he autographed it as well.

Basically I fell into a great gift with some dumb luck, but it fit perfectly for my dad who is a huge IU fan.

Back to regifting... if it fits for the person you are giving it to, who the hell cares where or how you got it!

Edited by Rex Hudler