Official Blackhawks Thread

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 29, 2005 -> 08:48 AM)
I'm THIS close to changing my allegience to the Phoenix Coyotes right now. Can anyone give me a reason besides Tuomo Ruutu not to?  :lol:

How about Nashville? We need some more Darcy Hordichuk fans around here. :lol:

Who, by the way had another goal last night and has 6 points in the last 8 games, and 3 points in the last two games. wOOt!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell even getting back Ruutu and maybe even the biggest puss around Daze wouldn't save this team. They are way too undisciplined. The "Bulin Wall" has been an obvious let down...given his defense in front of him hasn't been great and also playing on the penelty kill more times than at even strength hurts too....

I was at the game the other night and have this to say about Trent Yawney's benching of Vorobiev...

Yawney claimed that Vorobiev was playing for himself and cost the team a goal, and that he would sit players who did that, like taking an extra two minutes in penalties and such.

I think Yawns is out to get Pav. Because, he didnt sit Spacek after taking an extra two minutes for being selfish after a penalty. He didnt sit Barnaby after the extra 10 minutes the other night. He continues to play guys that contribute nothing. I dont know, Vorobiev needs to be in the lineup though, hes one of the few Hawks with natural scoring ability. He just needs better motivation.

Blackhawks acquire Radim Vrbata from Hurricanes

CHICAGO (AP) - The Chicago Blackhawks acquired right wing Radim Vrbata from the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday for future considerations.

General manager Dale Tallon cited shortcomings on offense for bringing in the 24-year-old Vrbata, who was drafted by the Colorado Avalanche as their 10th pick in the 1999 entry draft.

"Offense has been a bit of a struggle with the injuries we've had," Tallon said. "Vrbata has good skating ability and will add more skill to our lineup."

Vrbata has played in 224 games, scoring 48 goals, adding 47 assists with 62 penalty minutes. He has appeared in nine career playoff games and has not scored.

Vrbata broke into the NHL with the Avalanche in the 2001-02 season, playing in 52 games, scoring 18 goals and 30 points.

He played part of the 2002-03 season in Colorado before being traded to Carolina. He scored five goals in 10 games for the Hurricanes during the remainder of the season, and he scored 12 goals and 25 points for Carolina in the 2003-04 season.

Vrbata played for Liberec in the Czech Republic in 2004-05.

http://www.nhl.com/news/2005/12/250082.html

QUOTE(Pierzynski 12 @ Dec 31, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
Tallon is trying,ok.

The key word is trying. He needs to cut the dead weight such as your LaPointe's, Cullimore's, Brown's, Dowd's and Simpson's if the Hawks want to get any better.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 09:58 PM)
Haha, Hawks lose 3-2 to Columbus, despite out shooting them by 22 shots.

They thoroughly outplayed them. They had 3 goals disallowed, though i think only one should have been a goal. Denis ended up in the net with the puck and they just blew the whistle for a faceoff and refused to go upstairs. That was a joke. The other 2 weren't goals, but that not being reviewed was terrible.

At least the Hawks played much better tonight and didn't pack it in after getting down 3. All 3 goals were off our mistakes. First one was Babchuk, second one was spacek, third one was Aucoin. All got beat for goals.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
The key word is trying. He needs to cut the dead weight such as your LaPointe's, Cullimore's, Brown's, Dowd's and Simpson's if the Hawks want to get any better.

Leave Marty Lapointe off the list, he's doing his part and actually contributing. The other suckasses can go the hell home.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Dec 31, 2005 -> 06:06 PM)
Leave Marty Lapointe off the list, he's doing his part and actually contributing.  The other suckasses can go the hell home.

Lapointe's making what $2.4M this season and for the next 2? I wouldn't be paying a guy who only has 18 points in 37 games with a -10 that much money, JMHO. I just don't think he fits that well in the new NHL. But at least it was good he called out his teammates a few games ago.

from today's MSN Game Trax --

News: Don't be surprised if the Devils make a play for Chicago defenseman Adrian Aucoin after the NHL roster freeze ends today.

Impact: The Blackhawks have not denied he is available and New Jersey needs immediate help for their sickly power play. Stay tuned.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 31, 2005 -> 01:51 AM)
Lapointe's making what $2.4M this season and for the next 2? I wouldn't be paying a guy who only has 18 points in 37 games with a -10 that much money, JMHO. I just don't think he fits that well in the new NHL. But at least it was good he called out his teammates a few games ago.

He's a serviceabel 3rd liner and plays his ass off. The other guys suck and seem to not give a damn. Hell, it seems like most of the team doesnt give a damn, Marty at least shows some fire and on Wednesday I thought he played well compared to everyone else.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 31, 2005 -> 08:33 AM)
Well at this point they might as just go dump Khabi and Aucoin and get as many good draft picks as they can.

Dont worry dude. If this team is playing this way near the deadline ( they'll probably be 10-12 games under 500 by then ) you can count on Dollar Bill to do a salary dump. They're following the same script they've been following for the last 10 years now. Sign a few hacks who are past their prime to get the ignorant masses excited then when they suck anyway dump the salaries and start talking about a youth movement.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND