Ornaments

Rowand44

Just a dumb question for the holidays. What kind of ornaments do you guys have on your tree that you really like? For me, I got 4 Sox ones, 2 bulls, and a Marino ornament, those are my favorites, all sports of course. Any special ones that you guys like putting on the tree?

QUOTE(mreye @ Dec 22, 2005 -> 10:53 AM)
We have a ton that say NOEL and a lot of candles that say NOEL and 4 stocking holders that say NOEL. My wife gets a kick out of it. It's our last name.

Egomaniacs....

:D

To tell you the truth, I don't even really know what ornaments are on our tree. I am not a "Christmassy" kind of person. I enjoy watching my daughter freak out over the gifts she gets, and of course I like getting stuff myself, but I don't get all wrapped up in the season. Carols, TV shows, etc etc......keep it.

I think there's a Homer Simpson as Santa ornament on there - I kind of remember my sister-in-law giving that to me a few years ago.

My favorite and most personal family ornaments are tree stumps. It's true.

Every year since almost when my wife and I have been dating (1992) we take the small disk of tree stump that you cut off the bottom to improve water uptake, drill a hole in the top of it, paint the year on it and make an ornament out of it. Having more than a dozen such ornaments from different years all over the tree is pretty cool.

My Dad still has all of the "First Christmas" ornaments for me and my brother, and all of these old school ornaments from growing up. I just like all of them for nostalgic purposes. None of them are really great, just cool that they are still around.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Dec 22, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
I don't have one...yet to get a tree...but I always liked the story of the Christmas Pickle Ornament.

My wife, her sisters and her cousins (9 girls total)...every year...too much to drink...almost bring the damn tree down with that hunt!!! LOL!!!

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Dec 22, 2005 -> 03:52 PM)
My wife, her sisters and her cousins (9 girls total)...every year...too much to drink...almost bring the damn tree down with that hunt!!! LOL!!!

My family goes crazy over that as well.

I have this really cool elf/joker ornament, with really long legs and stuff...kinda goofy, I guess, but I like it. Also, I have this santa one where you pull a string and its arms and legs go up. Again, goofy, but I love it. Those were also my two favorite ornaments as a kid, so there's also some sentimental value as well.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Dec 22, 2005 -> 10:46 AM)
Seven different Sox ones, five different bulls ones and the Cryptkeeper (Tales from the Crypt) dressed in a santa outfit.

I checked last night. I have 11 different Sox ones and 6 Bulls. Plus two duplicate Sox ones.

Swapmeet, here I come!

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 11:42 AM)
My pickle (it's a German-Polish tradition), some of the ornaments our moms gave us from when we were a kids and the nativity scene I have beneath the tree.

We have a German Christmas pickle as well, BUT IT'S MYSYERIOUSLY MISSING THIS YEAR! :crying

We hide that one on the tree and let the kids look for it to get an extra little gift if they are the one to find it, as is the German tradition (my wife is the German, but I'm the one that has to seek out the traditions, ironically). I think our youngest kid may have gotten tired on not being the one to find the pickle and disappeared it! :D