Cavaliers @ bulls 7:00 pm... on tnt.

qwerty

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 11:06 AM)
Personally, I'd rather the Bulls made a run at Big Ben this offseason instead of Peja (think of the defense with Ben & Chandler in the same lineup) but that's just me.

Id tend to agree with you. I think we need a dominate center and while Big Ben will cost a lot and will probably turn into a bad contract in the latter years. The guy is a defensive force at center and would give the Bulls enough of a presence. We'd be able to slide Sweet in for 25-30 minutes (I expect him to be in better shape) and that would be enough of a low post presence to go along with two defensive big men in Ben Wall and Tyson.

However, I'm more than willing to deal Ben Gordon for something this off-season, even if it means packaging him with someone else. I think the Bulls are going to look quite a bit different next year.

There are some players I demand we keep: Kirk Hinrich, Luol Deng and unless we get a good offer I really would like Duhon coming off the bench. If we go after Peja than I'd like to have a bigger lineup with Kirk, Deng, Peja.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 07:10 PM)
Id tend to agree with you.  I think we need a dominate center and while Big Ben will cost a lot and will probably turn into a bad contract in the latter years.  The guy is a defensive force at center and would give the Bulls enough of a presence.  We'd be able to slide Sweet in for 25-30 minutes (I expect him to be in better shape) and that would be enough of a low post presence to go along with two defensive big men in Ben Wall and Tyson. 

I would literally cream my shorts. And if we were to trade Ben Gordon, I'd run circles around Wrigley Field in the nude.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 11:19 AM)
I would literally cream my shorts.  And if we were to trade Ben Gordon, I'd run circles around Wrigley Field in the nude.

Get Ben Wall, than you still have some money to go out and replace Big Ben (plus the draft picks). Hell, you may be able to put together a package with Gordon, some free payroll that we have and a draft pick for a pretty damn good small forward or guard (with Deng playing the other position) and Noc coming off the bench, along with Duhon and we'd still have at least one draft pick to find another wing player to help us off the bench.

That said there is probably a 30% chance that Detroit wins it all this year and I don't think they are just going to let Ben Wall go (plus they can offer him more money than anyone else).

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 10:06 AM)
Has there been a draft class that hasn't been described as "Weak" since the turn of the century other than the one with Lebron, Melo, Wade, & Kirk?

Sure, last year was very deep. Hell, the year before too. This year? Literally is gonna be one of the worst ever after the first 3-5 picks.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)
There was a threas a while back that discussed Stojakovic to the Bulls. Someone posted an articles talking about the connections between Stojakovic and Skiles and how Paxson said he would go after him or something along those lines.

That's nothing but speculation. If Pax said that, it would be considered tampering. I know Stojakovic played for Skiles in Europe, but it's not happening. That's why the rumors have started with him and the Bulls. Nothing solid though.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Dec 26, 2005 -> 09:35 PM)
The Bulls get waxed for the second time in less than a week by the Cavs.  Thank god we've got that Knicks pick.

Well, I wouldn't be that excited just yet...as has been mentioned, this draft is considered weak, weaker than 2000...and we all know how that worked out after we ended up with two of the top four players...

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Dec 26, 2005 -> 11:50 PM)
The draft isn't weak.

Most people see it as weak...I'd still rather wait to form an opinion of it. I actually have not really heard it not called weak, and so far I tend to agree.

So who are all of these proven, solid players you're aware of?...International players are always question marks and I'm not all that excited by a josh boone or shelden williams...What if Pax pulls a Hinrich and goes for someone similar to himself again in reddick? Like I said, still too early for me...

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 28, 2005 -> 10:10 PM)
Lose by 13 to the f***ing Bobcats?

Yay for reaching complete joke status.

No s***. Same script, they mail it in about midway through the 3rd quarter. And not only do they lose, but they look like 8th grade players when they are doing it. The first 8 minutes of the 4th quarter were absolutely pathetic. Tyson traveling, Gordon jacking, Kirk throwing them away, Deng stepping on the sideline while shooting a three, Sweetney getting called for a foul that he didnt commit, then committing a stupid foul 3 seconds later, Pargo throwing away an inbounds, getting another chance on a delay of game and immediately throwing it away again, Nocioni getting an offensive foul, you name it, they f***ing did it. Absolutely pathetic.

Wow can I actually say with confidence that I expect Orlando to have a better record than the Bulls now?

But with the way the Knicks played today, if Eddy Curry keeps getting injured, you guys have got the #1 pick, unless Larry Brown can actually get things figured out.