Cavaliers @ bulls 7:00 pm... on tnt.

qwerty

QUOTE(danman31 @ Dec 22, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
Simply put they aren't as good as last year. No Curry and no Davis is too much to overcome. Sweetney is solid, but he's not tall enough to play center in this league.

Bingo. Basically, we need 3 of our guys to be hot each night to win. When those 3 guys are forced to be perimeter players, that's a huge problem.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(danman31 @ Dec 22, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
Simply put they aren't as good as last year. No Curry and no Davis is too much to overcome. Sweetney is solid, but he's not tall enough to play center in this league.

Yep.

This team couldn't afford to lose even a little bit of what they barely have...which is talent.

This is the consequence of having absolutely no inside presence.

I'm beyond disappointed by tyson at this point...all I could do was laugh at that horrendous airball that missed the basket by 3 feet, and he deserved the boos that he has been receiving.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 22, 2005 -> 09:42 PM)
Bulls fans, tell me how the Knicks pick we got works out. They are looking BAD, so do we just flat out get there 1st round pick at the end of the year?

We get the Knicks pick unless they have one of the five best records in the league or San Antonio has one of the five worst records in the league. Obviously, none of the above will happen. If it did occur, the pick would go to Utah or I forgot the other team. So, we will most likely have the Knicks pick next year. And in 2007, we have the right to swap picks with the Knicks. Pretty damn good trade if you ask me.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 22, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)
s***, Bulls could have a top ten pick, along with a possible top 3 pick from the Knicks....

As it stands right now, #2 and #17

Of course we could get lucky as hell and cash in with the #1 pick in the lottery, but we will probably get f***ed with #7 or somethign.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 01:22 AM)
Nope.  Nice, isnt it?

Yep. I don't know what the hell the draft class is talent wise, but regardless I'd think if the Bulls wanted to (and they'll have money) they could use that pick on a player they want or put it in a package for a pretty good player.

I'm kind of excited about that. Hopefully the Bulls can muster into the playoffs though. They have really suffered from having one really bad quarter pretty much every game. Plus they seem to make a habit of blowing big leads. Its so frustrating.

Blowing an 8 point lead tonight too.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 08:30 PM)
Yep.  I don't know what the hell the draft class is talent wise, but regardless I'd think if the Bulls wanted to (and they'll have money) they could use that pick on a player they want or put it in a package for a pretty good player.

I'm kind of excited about that.  Hopefully the Bulls can muster into the playoffs though.  They have really suffered from having one really bad quarter pretty much every game. Plus they seem to make a habit of blowing big leads.  Its so frustrating.

Blowing an 8 point lead tonight too.

This year's draft class is meant to be pretty weak. Here are the top 5 at the moment;

1 - Rudy Gay - SF - Conn

2 - Adam Morrison - SG - Gonzaga

3 - LaMarcus Aldridge - PF - Texas

4 - Andrea Bargani - PF - Italy

5 - Rajon Rondo - PG - Kentucky

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 03:18 AM)
Bye bye 9 point lead, hello 8 point deficit

WHEN THE f*** IS THIS TEAM GONNA GET IT TOGETHER

I think you need to calm down a little lol. This team wasnt built to win this season.... the point was for guys to get better and have our real playoff run next season when we add 2 impact players in F/A and 2 draft picks and by the way it looks so far possibly a top 3 pick from the Knicks.

If we add the likes of Al Harrington and Nazr Mohammed... than draft like Rudy Gay/Adam Morrison plus some big guy with our other pick.... and still suck start getting mad but if you really expected much from this team at the begining of the season you were just being a homer.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 01:37 AM)
This year's draft class is meant to be pretty weak. Here are the top 5 at the moment;

1 - Rudy Gay - SF - Conn

2 - Adam Morrison - SG - Gonzaga

3 - LaMarcus Aldridge - PF - Texas

4 - Andrea Bargani - PF - Italy

5 - Rajon Rondo - PG - Kentucky

Has there been a draft class that hasn't been described as "Weak" since the turn of the century other than the one with Lebron, Melo, Wade, & Kirk?

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 05:51 AM)
I think you need to calm down a little lol.  This team wasnt built to win this season.... the point was for guys to get better and have our real playoff run next season when we add 2 impact players in F/A and 2 draft picks and by the way it looks so far possibly a top 3 pick from the Knicks.

If we add the likes of Al Harrington and Nazr Mohammed... than draft like Rudy Gay/Adam Morrison plus some big guy with our other pick.... and still suck start getting mad but if you really expected much from this team at the begining of the season you were just being a homer.

Well they are going about it the wrong way. With the exception of last night, they've misused Gordon big time and it's really hindering his development to the point in which I wouldn't be suprised if he just left after his contract was up. They try to make him a spot up shooter when his game was nothing like that. They also need to give Deng the ball more so he can create for himself alot more often.

The plan you suggest is basically have this year as a throwaway year and wait for FA's to come in. Al Harrington isn't going to help this team as much as people think. Nazr is nothing without Tim Duncan or at least he hasn't proven to be anything without him.

As far as Gay or Morrison, where do you plan on putting them? Both are pure SF's. We already have 2. LaMarcus Aldridge is the guy we need to go after. He draws alot of comparisons to Jermaine O'Neal and worst case scenario's have him as Channing Frye. He plays defense unlike Frye, however. This draft class is not weak. It's not the strongest of the decade, but I'd say it's 2nd strongest. People call it weak because the lack of "star" power which is the wrong way to evaluate a draft class.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 02:31 PM)
Well they are going about it the wrong way. With the exception of last night, they've misused Gordon big time and it's really hindering his development to the point in which I wouldn't be suprised if he just left after his contract was up. They try to make him a spot up shooter when his game was nothing like that. They also need to give Deng the ball more so he can create for himself alot more often.

The plan you suggest is basically have this year as a throwaway year and wait for FA's to come in. Al Harrington isn't going to help this team as much as people think. Nazr is nothing without Tim Duncan or at least he hasn't proven to be anything without him.

As far as Gay or Morrison, where do you plan on putting them? Both are pure SF's. We already have 2. LaMarcus Aldridge is the guy we need to go after. He draws alot of comparisons to Jermaine O'Neal and worst case scenario's have him as Channing Frye. He plays defense unlike Frye, however. This draft class is not weak. It's not the strongest of the decade, but I'd say it's 2nd strongest. People call it weak because the lack of "star" power which is the wrong way to evaluate a draft class.

It is known and has been known that the Bulls' main target is Stojakovic.

Next Summer: Hello Peja and Nazr?

Eddie Basden May Become Peja Stojakovic next summer as the Bulls will try to capitalize on their projected salary cap room bonanza by filling long-term needs such as a tall star veteran shooting guard like Peja of Sacramento, and a top-line center who can score and defend, perhaps a forward center like Lorenzan Wright.

In fact, with Lebron James demanding help, one has to wonder why the Bulls could not have tempted Clevelend this past summer with a suggested trade of E. Curry and another player and/or pick for Ilgauskas, the brilliant scoring and shot blocking machine. The guess is that they tried, or wanted to, but no doubt Eddie’s health issues were a factor for Cleveland. Then, too, the astute Cleveland G.M. was set on bringing the invaluable Ilgauskas back to complement his new hot acquisitions, Marshall, Hughes and Damon.

The truth of the matter is that Bulls ownership and management are still committed to a system featuring the low-post center as first scoring option. Whether you like Eddie and his ticker or not, the fact is that Curry is universally considered to be the number 2 low post center in the league with a huge upside.

One thing opposing teams could always count on in playing the Bulls the last few years was the Bulls inside-out tendency to establish the low post game early in every game before passing the baton to their vaunted guards unit, who would then proceed to drain outside shots.

It remains to be seen if this team is still playoff-bound. Already, this pre-season, pressure is mounting on the young 2nd-year guard sensation and #3 pick Ben Gordon, who must pick up his in-game defense and display the Midas shooting touch opposing teams came to expect last year. Coach Skiles had just paid high compliments to his guard for staying glued to the Berto Center practice floor all summer and working out like a demon.

http://www.insidehoops.com/teams/chicago-bulls.shtml

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 02:47 PM)
That sounds like a whole lot of speculation, no solid information.

There was a threas a while back that discussed Stojakovic to the Bulls. Someone posted an articles talking about the connections between Stojakovic and Skiles and how Paxson said he would go after him or something along those lines.