Deploderer's Desktop Gallery

DePloderer

• 1 month later...
QUOTE(RME JICO @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 06:18 PM)
DePloderer,

Any possibility of you writing a quick tutorial on how to make those so sweet?

I'm glad you like them. As for a tutorial, I've no idea where to start, they all use different techniques. A lot of them include a lot of doodling (messing about with settings) and a lot of luck. I learnt all my stuff here. Search photoshop tutorials.

If there is anything specific anyone wants to know, ask and if I can remember how it was done I'll put a little tutorial together.

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 11:44 AM)
I'm glad you like them. As for a tutorial, I've no idea where to start, they all use different techniques. A lot of them include a lot of doodling (messing about with settings) and a lot of luck. I learnt all my stuff here. Search photoshop tutorials.

If there is anything specific anyone wants to know, ask and if I can remember how it was done I'll put a little tutorial together.

Ain't that the truth. I'd say about 90% of the time when I set out to make something I get lucky and tweak something in a way that changes the entire project and takes it to another level. The best example of this would be my current sig.

This:

widge8ol.jpg

Turned into this:

mackowiakf3qj.png

I tweaked the background one time and it took me in a whole nother direction that I never imagined.

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 12:44 PM)

Thanks, I will check those out and let you know if I get hung up on something. The biggest problem I have is with cropping from one image to paste into another. The edges are never as smooth as the ones I see on your work.

Kalapse, your Mack Sig is one of the best I have seen as well. What tool/filter did you use to tweak the background like that?