14 pounds... sweet geezus..

Steff

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10559027/

14-pound baby girl born in Oklahoma

Infant delivered by Caesarean section; wearing clothes for 9-month olds

NBC VIDEO

• Parents give birth to whopper

Dec. 21: Adrienne and Anthony Ross of Pocola, Okla., talk about giving birth to the biggest baby ever born at Southeastern Oklahoma Hospital with the “Today” show's Alexis Glick.

Updated: 11:08 a.m. ET Dec. 21, 2005

MCALESTER, Okla. - A baby girl weighing 14 pounds, 3 ounces was born at McAlester Regional Health Center, the largest baby ever born there, a hospital official said.

Lillian Elizabeth Ross was born Friday by Caesarean section to Adrienne and Anthony Ross of Pocola.

The baby already wears clothes made for children 6 to 9 months old.

“The nursery had to go to pediatrics to get diapers for her because they didn’t have any that would fit,” Adrienne Ross said. “We’ve already had to start buying her new clothes. None of the stuff we bought will fit either.”

According to the National Center for Health Statistics, less than 1 percent of babies weigh more than 11 pounds at birth.

well, i was 10.5 pounds, and my mom is a small woman (I imagine 26 years ago she was 5'1 no more than 100lbs.

So, they got me too far down the birth canal, and the doctor told my mother "We can't get him out" and I wasn't in a position for a C-Section. Well then, as I have had it explained to me i was "Folded like a taco" had my collar bone snapped and pulled out.

How's that for a way to come into the world!!