ANOTHER football team in Chicago?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Dec 29, 2005 -> 10:43 AM)
F the Olympics and F a second NFL franchise; both are absolutely horrible ideas for the city of Chicago.

Keep both as far away from my city as possible.

...a second NFL franchise in this city is absolutely laughable.

The olympics are a bad idea? I'd be curious to hear more about that.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Dec 29, 2005 -> 11:29 AM)
Are you quite sure of all the Olympics in Chicago would entail?

Quite familiar actually.

We are talking about a complete overhall of all of the traffic-flow in the city, probably including the airport and railroads which are all decaying under way over usage.

Post Salt Lake City Olympics it also provides a huge spotlight into local politics as the media wants to look for a scandal around every corner when it comes to olympic spending, so it could very well put the match on the tinerbox that has been the corruption of 50 years of Rich Daley's.

It would mean billions of dollars worth of funding in the form of new and updates sports venues that could push Chicago to the forefront of the world for some of the facilities.

Chicago would also be the worlds top story for about a month solid during the olympics which basically is free advertising for tourism to the rest of the world. Every little aspect of Chicago and its attractions will be shown to the entire planet, for nothing.

Most of the funding will come from the federal government and olympic committees. It might result in higher taxes depending on how much of a share they are looking for a host to pick up, but that gets balanced out by a HUGE influx of job creations and tax revenues both from the increased employment and the tourist dollars that will get poured into Chicago.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Dec 29, 2005 -> 12:05 PM)
Hmmmm...

See I was just thinking of the security of my fair city, tax increases, the flood of people, and the sheer chaos of the event that would make downtown Chicago nearly intolerable for weeks on end.

I think I'll just pass on this one and suggest they consider Trenton, NJ.

So you are against the olympics because they will inconvience you? Eep. :bang

Don't like the Bears so I would most definately root for the Chicago *insert team here*. I also always have wanted to go to an Olympic Event. Plus the 80,000 facility would be built on UIC's campus. More revenue for the city, more jobs. s***, I could care less about inconvenience. Oh wow, I'll just have to leave my house a little earlier. Boohoo.