1st Time in history White Sox & Bears

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 02:13 PM)
They do not have enough offense to win.  Defense wins championships, sure, but you have to score points to get to the championships.  And furthermore, they play in a pretty weak division.  And even more furthermore, when someone plays smashmouth football against them, they become Cubs, not Bears.

They are in a weak division yet they still swept the NFC south which is pretty damn good.

And you base their inability to play smash mouth football on the game against the Steelers...interesting.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 04:45 PM)
It looks like Benson is listed as Questionable for Sunday and he did practice yesterday. I just highly doubt that they'll send him out there with 2 games to go and risk reinjury to his knee.

No argument here.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 12:39 PM)
Harris said yesterday that he'll play vs the Packers.

Benson on the other hand I'd assume will be held out, most likely for the rest of the regular season. Last I saw he was doubtful for Sunday.

Benson practiced and will likely play. Supposedly if they clinch on Sunday, he's expected to get an extended look against Minny.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 05:00 PM)
Benson practiced and will likely play.  Supposedly if they clinch on Sunday, he's expected to get an extended look against Minny.

I don't like that idea. He's had his glimpses but I wouldn't want to risk re-injuy, like Kalapse said. I'd put AP in instead.

You guys feel confident in the Bears D, I feel confident in the Colts D. I really doubt the Bears would make it past a matchup with Seattle at this point, however. Indy needs to get healthy too, Harrison's hand injury worries me, as does Cato June's potpourri of problems.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 05:08 PM)
You guys feel confident in the Bears D, I feel confident in the Colts D. I really doubt the Bears would make it past a matchup with Seattle at this point, however. Indy needs to get healthy too, Harrison's hand injury worries me, as does Cato June's potpourri of problems.

Hijacking the Bears thread I see.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)
Hijacking the Bears thread I see.

You're the one that claimed the Bears were championship caliber. So is Seattle, and they'd have to play in Seattle.

The only team I see that could beat the Colts from the NFC is Seattle. It's still a weak conference near the top in many respects, and you saw that when a wild-card-ish team from the AFC handled the Bears.

I will say, as I have before, you guys have a QB now, and that helps immensely.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 01:07 PM)
I don't like that idea. He's had his glimpses but I wouldn't want to risk re-injuy, like Kalapse said. I'd put AP in instead.

He's supposed to be 100%. The Bears weren't rushing him back and he's not suffering any effects supposedly. I have zero problem playing him. If we were rushing him back, that would be another story but the Bears were very very easy on him and let him get all the way back.

Now thats he's healthy I'd play him.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 05:14 PM)
You're the one that claimed the Bears were championship caliber. So is Seattle, and they'd have to play in Seattle.

The only team I see that could beat the Colts from the NFC is Seattle. It's still a weak conference near the top in many respects, and you saw that when a wild-card-ish team from the AFC handled the Bears.

I will say, as I have before, you guys have a QB now, and that helps immensely.

Playing Seattle in Seattle would definitely be a tough match-up for the Bears but this defense is just amazing. The Falcons had the #1 rush numebrs in the NFL and the Bears dominated them. I think the passing game of the Seahawks is a bigger threat to the Bears than the rush is.

I am not saying that the Bears should pray for someone to upset the Seahawks but it wouldn't hurt. But honestly, I say bring on the 'Hawks, let's see what the Bears D can really do.

And yes, Grossman does give the team a different energy and look on offense. Defense actually have to worry about the pass now....even if it is just a little bit. A passing game led by Rex is >>>>>> non-existent passing game led by Orton.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 03:08 PM)
You guys feel confident in the Bears D, I feel confident in the Colts D. I really doubt the Bears would make it past a matchup with Seattle at this point, however.

Any given Sunday. We definitely would stay in the game with the defense we have, wouldn't surprise me at all if we knock them off.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 01:14 PM)

Well, let's ask this about Seattle....who has given them problems the most this year? The answer? Teams who are solid up front on Defense. I.e. the Giants, the Redskins. Teams that can get pressure using just their front guys and slow down the run without having to bring up extra people into the box. The Bears can do that.

The Bears CAN be a threat to Seattle. Doesn't mean they will be, but Seattle should certainly not look at that defense and feel supremely confident that they'll be able to overcome it if their defense doesn't give them some help.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 03:22 PM)
And Heads please beat Seattle this Sunday.

Then we win out.

Get a nice last game from Brett in GB to knock off Seattle.

And hello home field throughout. :)

How confident are you in the offense of Jim Sorgi, Aaron Moorehead and James Mungro? :D

I know pre-season doesn't mean anything, but the Bears did beat the Colts this pre-season in Indy. From what I remember the Colts were getting knocked around a lot.

A Colts-Bears Superbowl would be the most entertaining of the teams currently in the hunt. Seattle is really the only legitimate threat in the NFC, and who knows how the AFC will play out.

Too bad Houston blows or we could have had another CHI - HOU Championship.

Edited by WinninUgly

i realize there is some fight going on but this is directed to the bears were picked to finish last in division...

we were also picked to be last in the league...which would have been fun to go after reggie bush(hell, i'd pick him no matter what) but obviously would have been a painful year. Then again, after the white sox winning, i wouldn't have really cared..of course, i do care...but still...less immediacy, i don't wanna be too greedy you konw

QUOTE(WinninUgly @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 05:03 PM)
I know pre-season doesn't mean anything, but the Bears did beat the Colts this pre-season in Indy.  From what I remember the Colts were getting knocked around a lot. 

A Colts-Bears Superbowl would be the most entertaining of the teams currently in the hunt.  Seattle is really the only legitimate threat in the NFC, and who knows how the AFC will play out.

The Colts went 0-5 in the preseason. Anyone trying to draw anything from that just doesn't make sense.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 06:05 PM)
The Colts went 0-5 in the preseason. Anyone trying to draw anything from that just doesn't make sense.

It does, because the Bears actually got to play against the Colts on the field. This beats just watching them on film. So the actually outcome of the game doesn't really matter, but the actual experience against the opponent does.

The Bears only allowed 7 points in one half against the Colts 1st team offense, and the Bears defense is on all cylinders right now. The Bears were also using Hutchinson and Orton at QB, and Thomas Jones did not play.

It's still a weak conference near the top in many respects, and you saw that when a wild-card-ish team from the AFC handled the Bear

The Bears were missing both of their starting safeties for the first time, which are both critical against the run. So the Steelers exploited that weakness.

Very similar to how an "on the bubble" team made Peyton look like Eli all game. Everyone as bad games, but it will be interesting to see how each team responds down the stretch.

Edited by WinninUgly

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 11:39 PM)
To all the Bear haters on this board:

:booty

:lol:

Personally, I don't hate them. That's only reserved for the damn Cowboys. (Damn, I live in the wrong place for that, don't I?). I just don't think they are quite good enough to win it all.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 23, 2005 -> 01:38 PM)
Yeah I'm definitely a homer to say the #2 seed in the conference has a shot at going to the super bowl.

Stop talking.

haha man you just don't learn.

since this thread has been about irony.

i'm definitely a homer to say that a 3-time pro bowler is actually good?

i back up how a pro bowler does not suck and you back up how a playoff team is a osuper bowl contender. they are pretty similar, n? if you are gonna say stuff, at least be consistent.