Bush approval rating now upto 50%

southsider2k5

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Dec 27, 2005 -> 12:40 PM)
this is the most ridiculous thing, I think I have read on this board to date. That includes those comments about Timo and Ozzie!

:headshake

No, no. That's good, constructive political analysis. Call Clinton a rapist -- that'll get people to change their minds, for sure.

Whatever happened banning for unwarranted personal attacks?

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Dec 27, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)
No, no.  That's good, constructive political analysis.  Call Clinton a rapist -- that'll get people to change their minds, for sure.

If I understood things correctly, that's why they created this new sub-forum, so that people could go off and be as nasty as necessary (within the obvious limits of course, no running around pantsless calling people fascists and saying they all mated with Bill O'Reilly on Christmas or anything like that)

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Dec 27, 2005 -> 01:10 PM)
No, no.  That's good, constructive political analysis.  Call Clinton a rapist -- that'll get people to change their minds, for sure.

Obviously you people left your sense of humor at home. The rape comment should be green. Lighten up people.

QUOTE(Cknolls @ Dec 27, 2005 -> 01:58 PM)
Obviously you people left your sense of humor at home. The rape comment should be green.  Lighten up people.

Actually, my sense of humor is alive and well. I even laugh at jokes told about Clinton that are actually funny. Calling someone a rapist, even if it's "supposed to be in green", both is not funny and not constructive. Not to mention the fact that a great many people won't ever value your opinion on anything after you drop a couple of references like that. I know you probably don't care if I value your opinion, but I also know that there are lots of fair-minded people on both sides of every debate here who probably don't like the level of descussion being dragged down to sophmoric levels. Or worse, as the case may be.

Edited by Mplssoxfan

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Dec 27, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
Actually, my sense of humor is alive and well.  I even laugh at jokes told about Clinton that are actually funny.  Calling someone a rapist, even if it's "supposed to be in green", both is not funny and not constructive.  Not to mention the fact that a great many people won't ever value your opinion on anything after you drop a couple of references like that.  I know you probably don't care if I value your opinion, but I also know that there are lots of fair-minded people on both sides of every debate here who probably don't like the level of descussion being dragged down to sophmoric levels.  Or worse, as the case may be.

Actually one of his ladies that he had relations with said that he raped her.

QUOTE(Cknolls @ Dec 27, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
Actually one of his ladies that he had relations with said that he raped her.

http://www.ishipress.com/janedoe5.htm -- Sworn affidavit from Jane Doe 5 (aka Juanita Broaddrick) that the rape allegations were false.

Not to mention that Ed Klein contradicted his own source on the rape claim. http://mediamatters.org/items/200506280013?offset=10

But who needs a little thing like facts?

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 27, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
http://www.ishipress.com/janedoe5.htm -- Sworn affidavit from Jane Doe 5 (aka Juanita Broaddrick) that the rape allegations were false.

I wonder if she was intimidated and threatened by "random" thugs like many of the females who were going to testify against Bill in the Paula Jones case. :unsure:

QUOTE(WCSox @ Dec 29, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)
I wonder if she was intimidated and threatened by "random" thugs like many of the females who were going to testify against Bill in the Paula Jones case.  :unsure:

So much of what was known as the Arkansas Project (run by billionaire Richard Mellon Scaife...kinda the Soros of the right) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas_Project

David Brock released a lot of the secrets that a whole lot of the Project was exaggerated and essentially just throwing anything at the wall to see what stuck, even if they were making stuff up/using very questionable sources (see his book "Blinded by the Right") Due to that sort of stuff, I found a lot of the stuff really questionable...and when it got to "Clinton murdered Vince Foster", it was insane.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 29, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
So much of what was known as the Arkansas Project (run by billionaire Richard Mellon Scaife...kinda the Soros of the right)  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas_Project

David Brock released a lot of the secrets that a whole lot of the Project was exaggerated and essentially just throwing anything at the wall to see what stuck, even if they were making stuff up/using very questionable sources (see his book "Blinded by the Right")  Due to that sort of stuff, I found a lot of the stuff really questionable...and when it got to "Clinton murdered Vince Foster", it was insane.

I never believed that Clinton had anything to do with Foster's suicide, but it should be dead-obvious to just about everyone that the Clintons are underhanded. We know that Bill had several (perhaps over 20) affairs and lied about it under oath. I'd strongly suggest reading Dick Morris' "Rewriting History." Morris is a much more credible source than Scaife. I'm not sure I believe everything that he says, but there's ample evidence of tax evasion, hiring "hitmen" to intimidate witnesses, and other events that one would expect from a couple that tried to steal furniture from the White House. There are a lot Democrats who are great human beings, but the Clintons are not among them.

"When Clinton lied, no one died."

I could careless if he had an affair with Tony Blair, and then didn't admit it. I'd rather have him lie to me to try and save face from all those evangelical neo-cons who would rather boot someone out of the oval office for lieing about getting a little play than have a President who goes around the whole warrant thing and then admits it and says he'll do it again.

But meh, thats just me.

I dont really pay a great deal of attention to opinion polls anyway. You're always gonna have 40% that will back Bush no matter what, 40% that will oppose Bush no matter what and the fickle middle 20% that are actually swayed by news events. About the only exception to this was in the aftermath of 9-11 when Bush was like 89% approve or whatever.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Dec 29, 2005 -> 09:20 PM)
I dont really pay a great deal of attention to opinion polls anyway.  You're always gonna have 40% that will back Bush no matter what,  40% that will oppose Bush no matter what and the fickle middle 20% that are actually swayed by news events.  About the only exception to this was in the aftermath of 9-11 when Bush was like 89% approve or whatever.

You're right on, NUKE. The 40% or so on either side are who I like to refer to as the "Cheeseburger" voters.

"What would you like to eat, sir?"

"I didn't get a chance to look... I'll have a Cheeseburger."

Also known as "Budweiser" voters.

Edited by Mplssoxfan

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Dec 29, 2005 -> 09:20 PM)
I dont really pay a great deal of attention to opinion polls anyway.  You're always gonna have 40% that will back Bush no matter what,  40% that will oppose Bush no matter what and the fickle middle 20% that are actually swayed by news events.  About the only exception to this was in the aftermath of 9-11 when Bush was like 89% approve or whatever.

Clinton fits both criteria.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 10:21 AM)
Fun bit of trivia.

After Clinton got impeached, his approval ratings skyrocketed over 70%.

Another fun bit of trivia: America was at the peak of an unprecedented economic boom after Clinton was impeached.

And yet another fun bit of trivia: Bush 41's approval ratings sank after kicking Saddam out of Kuwait and securing low oil prices for America. Not-so-coincidentally, this country was in a minor recession at the time.

And one last fun bit of trivia: Bush 43's approval ratings have gone up ~10% over the past four months, coinciding with lower gasoline prices and further removal from this summer's record-breaking hurricane season.

Approval ratings more accurately reflect the state of the economy than anything else.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 10:18 AM)
And one last fun bit of trivia:  Bush 43's approval ratings have gone up ~10% over the past four months, coinciding with lower gasoline prices and further removal from this summer's record-breaking hurricane season.

???????????

He's gone up relative to mid-November, thanks in no small part to the Iraqi elections and his PR offensive associated with it, but that's because he was down even further in November. Compared with September, he's basically right back where he was.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 11:22 AM)
It's always gotta be an argument with you doesn't it.

I just thought that was interesting. I think polls - are mostly - full of s***.

If you would've stated that point earlier, I would've responded differently (or not at all). FWIW, I agree that most polls are worthless.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 11:24 AM)
???????????

He's gone up relative to mid-November, thanks in no small part to the Iraqi elections and his PR offensive associated with it, but that's because he was down even further in November.  Compared with September, he's basically right back where he was.

That depends which poll you look at. Also, the errors in many of these polls overlap, which would mean that the numbers aren't statistically different. Gas prices have also gone down signficantly since October, which has undoubtedly helped.

the Iraqi elections and his PR offensive associated with it

As opposed to the "PR offensive" from Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi that called Bush a liar and a criminal? What a joke... :rolly

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE(WCSox @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 10:34 AM)
That depends which poll you look at.  Also, the errors in many of these polls overlap, which would mean that the numbers aren't statistically different.  Gas prices have also gone down signficantly since October, which has undoubtedly helped.

As opposed to the "PR offensive" from Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi that called Bush a liar and a criminal?  What a joke...  :rolly

As soon as Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi can request and get free air time on all the networks for speeches to try to bump up their approval ratings, we can talk about their PR Offensives, ok?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 12:36 PM)
As soon as Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi can request and get free air time on all the networks for speeches to try to bump up their approval ratings, we can talk about their PR Offensives, ok?

They get their fair share of air time. All they have to do is open their mouths.