Scrooge?

GASHWOUND

Just wondering if I was the only here to not put up a tree? All my friends, my family thinks I'm Scrooge or some s*** cause I didn't put up Christmas decorations..

Well, one thing i put up some Christmas figurines and s*** and some cards, but with me working 10 to 12 hour shifts the last two months I was to exhausted to put up decorations of any kind...my house does look kinda bare..but hey

I actually took OT shifts to actually afford presents for my 1000 cousins that I knew I was gonna have to buy stuff for and I wouldn't be flat broke, so I think that makes me full of holiday cheer...risking my insanity to fulfill Christmas wishes.. :santa

Come on, I can't be alone..who else doesn't have a tree up...anyone? :huh:

Were in the midst of moving so for the first time pretty much ever we didn't put up a tree. My dad was trying to get my to help him put up lights at the place he's moving to, but I was scrooge and told him I didn't want to get off my lazy ass (he wanted me to do it the day after finals).

I said we wouldn't be living there anyway during that time so whats the point. Hell I even stooped to gift certificates for my close family this year. Usually I try to be creative but I was worn out after finals and after buying my dad a DVD player for the new tv he bought, I just gave up. Everyone else in my family is a pain to shop for.

I can guarantee that if I wasn't married and a Dad there's about a 0% chance I'd have a tree up. My wife takes care of the overwhelming majority of Christmas-related chores. I basically lug the heavy stuff around and do the shopping for her gifts and I buy a few things from me to the kid. The Mrs. does the rest.

I'm not a holiday festive rah-rah guy at all.

Every year we put up Christmas lights outside the house (at least 6k+ lights) but this year we barely put any up. The snow came earlier than usual, hence the reason why we only put up a Santa Claus, snowman, and candle light figurines. But you have to at least have a Christmas tree inside your house. Christmas would not be the same, IMO, without a tree.