Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
The Knicks get slaughtered again.  This time by the lowly Raptors.  Morrrison or Aldridge Bulls fans?

Never morrison... great in college but i don't think it will translate well into the pros. Especially defensively, he is too slow footed.

Didn't a lot of people say Hinrich wouldn't translate well to the pro game?

Basically, if you are white, there are going to be questions of your athleticism. Not saying its right or wrong, because I've called many GM's boneheads in the past for selecting guys like Curtis Borchardt, Chris Kaman, etc so high.

I don't see Adam Morrison being any worse than say Mike Dunleavy, and best case to me would be Glenn Robinson. Yes, I realize how good of an offensive player Robinson has been. But with the right team, I can see Morrison putting up over 18 a game at the pro level, as he has a nice shot from anywhere on the court, mid-range, long-range, finishing drives with contact. He doesn't play much defense, but he can probably outscore his man on most nights at the SF position.

As for the top pick in the draft, I look for Tyrus Thomas from LSU, and Al Horford from Florida to make some noise before all is said and done, especially at the draft camp.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
Basically, if you are white, there are going to be questions of your athleticism. Not saying its right or wrong, because I've called many GM's boneheads in the past for selecting guys like Curtis Borchardt, Chris Kaman, etc so high.

I don't see Adam Morrison being any worse than say Mike Dunleavy, and best case to me would be Glenn Robinson. Yes, I realize how good of an offensive player Robinson has been. But with the right team, I can see Morrison putting up over 18 a game at the pro level, as he has a nice shot from anywhere on the court, mid-range, long-range, finishing drives with contact. He doesn't play much defense, but he can probably outscore his man on most nights at the SF position.

As for the top pick in the draft, I look for Tyrus Thomas from LSU, and Al Horford from Florida to make some noise before all is said and done, especially at the draft camp.

lmao@the "if you're white" comment. You couldn't be more right, Palehose.

Gotta give Felton more love as well. Bobcats take down the Lakers, with Felton scoring 16, dishing out 8 assists, and pulling in 7 rebounds, with 4 steals. When he gets the minutes, he fills up the stat sheets. This PG class in the NBA is special, and to think, Felton and Paul could have shared the backcourt at UNC had Doherty not insulted Paul with a walk-on offer only.Thanks again Doherty.

I think Adam Morrison is going to be more of a Korver type in the NBA. Pretty much a sharpshooter who cannot create too much if anything for himself, but if you give them daylight, its in. They say Morrison is an old school baller, I havent seen too much of him, but maybe he has a few more tricks up his sleeve when he gets to the NBA. I dont think he would be a wasted pick, but I dont know how high I would pick him.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Feb 3, 2006 -> 10:53 PM)
I still dont understand salary caps in the nba  :crying  how the f*** can they go so much over the cap?  :headshake

No s***, I dont understand how Thomas can continue to take on all these insane contracts and still pay people.

After our loss to the Hawks today, I hope Otis Smith finally realizes that we're going nowhere. Every player except for Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson should be available.

We need more youth to build around, and upgrades are desperately needed at C and SG. I don't mind Tony Battie, but not as a starting center. He'd be a fairly good backup center though. Kelvin Cato, well his ass is certainly gonna be out the door, probably sooner rather then later.

DeShawn Stevenson's got toughness I'll give him that. He's playing on a bum knee that if he had surgery today, would rule him out for about 6-8 months. But he's not a good shooter, and he doesn't get invovled in enough other things. Again, I don't mind keeping him as a bench player. We're only hitting 42.5% of our jump shots, and that's not good enough for the type of offense we play. We're giving up an extra 5.2 points on jump shots actually.

We need a 2/3 that can put some pressure on the ball and generate some turnovers for the opposition. Rudy Gay has slipped down to #5 in the nbadraft.net rankings now. If he's at all available at our spot, they should grab him. J.J Redick's another option, but his lack of size and defense worries me immensely.

The draft is very thin on quality bigs, so we're probably gonna have to try and fill that need there.

I'd love to try and get Paul Pierce, but I don't think Ainge would be stupid enough (and yes I do realize it is Danny Ainge we're talkin about here) to take Steve Francis or even Grant Hill back in a deal.

I'm still waiting on a deal I thought about before the season started. One that I think would help both teams, not that either one are going anywhere this year.

Atlanta Hawks trade Josh Childress to the Charlotte Bobcats for Brevin Knight. Hawks need a true PG, and the Bobcats could use another wing, especially with all the injuries and suckitude of Kareem Rush.

Also, I would like to see my Heat trade Antoine Walker and some cash to a bum on the street, to do what he wants with.

Well this is certainly interesting;

Informed sources near the Nuggets say that despite the public support of Kenyon Martin by the Nuggets, the team is rumored to be shopping Kenyon Martin and may be closing in on a deal sending Kenyon to the New York Knicks… it’s unclear the exact nature of the deal, sources say it could include as many as two other teams (4-way deal), one team mentioned by Denver sources is the Orlando Magic, and Steve Francis… Magic sources deny any knowledge of a deal even on the table, but say it’s not impossible to believe after losing to the Hawks this week that the team could be exploring a change. The concern expressed by Magic sources is “if” Francis were traded, they would be turning the point and scoring duties over to Keyon Dooling, as Jameer Nelson is still on the shelf with a significant foot injury that may ultimately require surgery. The Knicks having recently acquired Jalen Rose from the Raptors now have a several expendable players, all at areas where the Magic need help especially the small forward position, where a sharp shooting Quentin Richardson could be a nice fit in Orlando, especially if he was packaged with Trevor Ariza or David Lee. Sounds like an easy deal to justify for all parties – the question remains, is this the deal Denver is looking to make?

You know my feelings on Francis, even though he's played quite well in the last few games. Just increasing his trade value though.

Quentin Richardson does worry me though. He'd be perfect at SG for us with his outside shooting, but he's so frequently injured, and he's got about 4 years left on that contract. Gimme David Lee to backup Dwight Howard for the next 10 years though.

And Peter Vecsey says it could be for real;

"Everyone is on board with the Francis trade but one team," asserted one of the participants, declining to divulge its identity. "Something's either going to get done or it'll be dead within the next 48 hours."

I don't know all the particulars, but I do know Steve Francis, whose friction of late with coach Brian Hill and consequent two-game suspension is well documented, is on the verge of being sent from Orlando to Denver.

In exchange, the Nuggets would give up Nene and Watson, who would either wind up in New York or Seattle. Obviously, the Knicks would have to surrender one of their youngbloods, preferably a guard, whereas the Sonics are prepared to part with Reggie Evans, Ronald Murray and Vitaly Potapenko. The second wave of talks is linked to Ratliff, Ruben Patterson and Penny Hardaway.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 01:57 PM)
Well this thread's lost a lot of activity, now that there's a Bulls-exclusive thread.  :crying

The Pacers beat the Pistons last night, making it less possible for the Pistons to match the Bulls or win 70.

Yeah, any chance at 70 for the Pistons is all but gone. They just need to focus on winning the East and getting home-court. They're only 2.5 games ahead of the Spurs and Mavs right now.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 5, 2006 -> 11:59 AM)
Yeah,  any chance at 70 for the Pistons is all but gone.  They just need to focus on winning the East and getting home-court.  They're only 2.5 games ahead of the Spurs and Mavs right now.

At some point this season, one of their top 5 guys will be hurt in some way, shape, or form. And they will lose a couple games if and when that happens.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 6, 2006 -> 06:59 AM)
I liked it when it was all together, but thats just me.  Sure we get a lot of Bulls talk here, but we also get mostly big 10 talk in the NCAA thread.  That said you also have Rowand talking up his mid major, palehose and UNC, Jimbo and Kansas.

Take it up with Spiff. :P

Looks like the Francis deal is off. Apparently we would have gotten Crawford instead of Q-Rich, Nene and Voshon Lenard, with Francis and Ariza going to Denver, and I assume Martin to the Knicks.

I want no part of Crawford though. Deal Francis for Penny's expiring contract for all I care.