Official NBA Discussion Thread

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 01:22 AM)
Kaman and Hinrich = two of my most favorite players in the NBA along with King James, Wade, Shaq (simply cause he's hillarious) and Ginobli.

Mihm, Kaman, Juan Dixon, Lee Nailon, Sasha Pavlovic, Tony Delk. That's my six.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 05:22 PM)
One guy thats really found a place is Mobley.  God damn I never realized how good he was.  He seems to finally be letting the game come to him more instead of forcing shots. 

Livingston will have to stay healthy and develop if they want to win the finals though.  Cassel will get things started but by the time this team is ready to go the distance, it will be up to Livingston to run the offense.

Mobley for Doug Christie has got to be one of the worst trades over the past decade.

I bet Stevie Franchise is trying to convince Isiah to trade Starbury for Mobley now though. :D

QUOTE(Spiff @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 01:05 AM)
Mihm, Kaman, Juan Dixon, Lee Nailon, Sasha Pavlovic, Tony Delk.  That's my six.

Ooh I'll play! :lol: And not including Bulls or former Illini of course.....

Dwyane Wade

Andre Iguodala

Josh Howard (#2 on the NBA underrated list)

Dirk Nowitzki

Chris Bosh (#1 on said list)

Samuel Dalembert

Otis Smith has said we may not be finished dealing yet.

Tony Battie could go to New Jersey for their 1st round pick, and another pick. Keyon Dooling could go to Cleveland (possibly for Anderson Varejao and a future 1st), while Pat Garrity is also getting shopped.

J.R Smith could also get traded by the Hornets. I know he's in Byron Scott's doghouse, but if the Magic could get him cheap, I'd love to have him.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 10:01 AM)
Otis Smith has said we may not be finished dealing yet.

Tony Battie could go to New Jersey for their 1st round pick, and another pick. Keyon Dooling could go to Cleveland (possibly for Anderson Varejao and a future 1st), while Pat Garrity is also getting shopped.

J.R Smith could also get traded by the Hornets. I know he's in Byron Scott's doghouse, but if the Magic could get him cheap, I'd love to have him.

If you guys added JR Smith to go along with Ariza/Milic...... plus already having Dwight and Nelson.... that could be your starting 5 for the next 10 years

JR Smith is one of my favorite players in the league I might actually like the magic if that happens.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 09:19 PM)
If you guys added JR Smith to go along with Ariza/Milic...... plus already having Dwight and Nelson.... that could be your starting 5 for the next 10 years

JR Smith is one of my favorite players in the league I might actually like the magic if that happens.

The Hornets want a backup center for Smith. I'd say we'd have to give up Battie to get him. Considering we want to re-sign him (he's been a model professional and a great mentor for Dwight), I don't know if that's gonna happen.

If we get Smith, we wouldn't take someone like Redick in the draft either. More likely a Carney, Bargnani or even Aldridge.

The Hornets want a backup center for Smith. I'd say we'd have to give up Battie to get him. Considering we want to re-sign him (he's been a model professional and a great mentor for Dwight), I don't know if that's gonna happen.

If we get Smith, we wouldn't take someone like Redick in the draft either. More likely a Carney, Bargnani or even Aldridge.

I think the Bulls will jump on Aldridge with the Knicks pick. We desperately need another big man.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 07:24 AM)
Ooh I'll play!  :lol:  And not including Bulls or former Illini of course.....

Dwyane Wade

Andre Iguodala

Josh Howard (#2 on the NBA underrated list)

Dirk Nowitzki

Chris Bosh (#1 on said list)

Samuel Dalembert

Are you a 76ers fan? Both Sammy and Iggy?

My 6:

Tyson Chandler

Andrei Kirilenko

Ron Artest

Andre Iguodala

Ben Wallace

Tim Duncan

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 11:38 AM)
Are you a 76ers fan?  Both Sammy and Iggy?

My 6:

Tyson Chandler

Andrei Kirilenko

Ron Artest

Andre Iguodala

Ben Wallace

Tim Duncan

Nah, I have two Sixers and two Mavs on my list by coincidence. I've always loved Dirk, and I just have always liked Howard's all around game and was amazed he was only the last pick of the 1st round. As for the Sixers, AI is a sick athlete and fun to watch player who's from Illinois of course (even though he went to Arizona) and Dalembert is a classic case of a guy who uses his size very well to overcome his lack of pure basketball talent, and plays his ass off. Then the other 2 guys, D Wade is a Chicago guy (damnit Illinois for not recruiting him at all) who is great to watch, and Bosh is just so damn versatile, it's too bad he plays in Canada and was in the LeBron/Dwyane/Carmelo draft, which keeps him way under the radar.

Just our favorites or underrated?

Just your favorites, although it just so happens 2 of my favs are really underrated.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 02:43 PM)
Favorite players= Speedy Claxton,  Chris Paul,  Kirk Hinrich,  Tim Duncan,  Steve Nash and Kobe.

I need to add Nash to my list. I remember catching a couple of his college games in person and he was impressive than too. I love how he makes his teammates so much better.

Tyson Chandler grabbed 12 rebounds for Chicago on Wednesday. It was the 12th straight game in which Chandler had at least 10 rebounds, matching the longest such streak for any NBA player this season. Marcus Camby and Kevin Garnett had 12-game streaks earlier in the season. Chandler's streak of consecutive regular-season games with double-digit rebounds is the longest for a Bulls player since Dennis Rodman had a 15-game streak in 1997-98.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 08:37 PM)
Crawford?  I wouldn't root for him if he was my son.  He's that garbage.

There isn't a person in the NBA I root against more then Jamal. As far as my top 6 players in the league:

Tyson

Deng

Duhon

Duncan

Wade

Baron

Players I hate the most in the league: The Knicks entire roster minus Nate and Channing.

QUOTE(Spiff @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 10:41 PM)
you people and your talented favorite players :rolly

what ever happened to rooting for the underdog?

I get annoyed as hell when people call players "blue collar" and "hard working" and all that.....those terms mean you have no talent, but hey he plays hard! That's my problem with the Bulls, as long as we are known as a team that plays hard, we will go nowhere because it's a confession that the talent isn't there.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 10:48 PM)
I get annoyed as hell when people call players "blue collar" and "hard working" and all that.....those terms mean you have no talent, but hey he plays hard!  That's my problem with the Bulls, as long as we are known as a team that plays hard, we will go nowhere because it's a confession that the talent isn't there.

I disagree with that. Most realize that the Bulls have a lot of talent. I think when people talk about the Bulls being a hard working team, they mean that they don't rely on a superstar. Basically because they don't have one.