Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 11:45 PM)
Ahh, Elton's average, just like 25 points.  And we lost.  Thanks for trying to help though Willie (unless your being sarcastic?), but I'm going to go hit my head against a wall.

:(

Haha nah, I just had to say it because Tyson is playing his ass off and people still dwell on the past. It's over nothing we can do except appreciate Tyson.

:)

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 11:47 PM)
Haha nah, I just had to say it because Tyson is playing his ass off and people still dwell on the past.  It's over nothing we can do except appreciate Tyson.

:)

I like Tyson as a player when he plays like he has the last what, 6 weeks now? But I will never truly get over that Elton Brand trade, and it will only bet worse in this years playoffs. I hate you Jerry Krause.

:(

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 24, 2006 -> 09:48 PM)
I like Tyson as a player when he plays like he has the last what, 6 weeks now?  But I will never truly get over that Elton Brand trade, and it will only bet worse in this years playoffs.  I hate you Jerry Krause.

I will get over that deal when Tyson Chandler puts a ring on his finger during the introductions of the first Bulls game of a season. Before our friend Hammer gets here...it's still worth noting that Tyson has like 5-6 years before he gets to the age Brand currently is, so there's still tiem for him to mature, adapt, and improve. With some luck...he'll make us proud of that deal before the end. Even if we had Brand right now, we wouldn't be able to challenge the Heat or Pistons. 2-3 years down the road though...if everything goes right with every player, that could be our conference to lose.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 12:08 AM)
Elton has a serious chance at the MVP if the Clippers can get to 50 wins. 

My top 5 canidates for MVP to this point are Nash,  Brand,  Dirk,  Billups,  Lebron.

I don't like him any more than anyone else, but you're fooling yourself if you think Kobe isn't top 5 in MVP right now.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 02:25 AM)
I don't like him any more than anyone else, but you're fooling yourself if you think Kobe isn't top 5 in MVP right now.

Does he have MVP numbers? Without question. But you gotta have the team success to go with it. I can't even remember the last time a player won the MVP and his team didn't win atleast 50 games. The Lakers are all of 1 game over .500. And their schedule is pretty tough the rest of the way. The 5 guys I've mentioned are not only dominating invidually, they've got the team success to go with it.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 02:24 AM)
I will get over that deal when Tyson Chandler puts a ring on his finger during the introductions of the first Bulls game of a season.  Before our friend Hammer gets here...it's still worth noting that Tyson has like 5-6 years before he gets to the age Brand currently is, so there's still tiem for him to mature, adapt, and improve.  With some luck...he'll make us proud of that deal before the end.  Even if we had Brand right now, we wouldn't be able to challenge the Heat or Pistons. 2-3 years down the road though...if everything goes right with every player, that could be our conference to lose.

All good points. It's just Tyson will never be a fifth of the offensive player Brand is, while Brand rebounds just as well. Obviously Tyson is a better defender, but the trade is just indefensible, was then and is now. And I don't see how this will be our conference to lose anytime soon, we are 2 studs away from having a chance, and finding a stud big man scorer and 2 guard isn't easy, and with Brand you have 1 of those on the roster already.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 12:41 AM)
All good points.  It's just Tyson will never be a fifth of the offensive player Brand is, while Brand rebounds just as well.  Obviously Tyson is a better defender, but the trade is just indefensible, was then and is now.  And I don't see how this will be our conference to lose anytime soon, we are 2 studs away from having a chance, and finding a stud big man scorer and 2 guard isn't easy, and with Brand you have 1 of those on the roster already.

Yes, we are 2 studs away from having a very good chance. With luck, those Knick picks will cover at least 1 of them....hopefully the Big, which is harder to find. The other? Well, that's up to Pax and Skiles. Hopefully Tyson can be a part of it.

Right now, no one in their right mind wouldn't take that trade back, especially if we could still deal Curry to the Knicks for their pick. But this is still a team that's building and trying to grow, and I just can't say that there never will be a way to defend that trade...a lot of that is hope...but hopefully it won't be missplaced, since I like watching guys who wear the word "Chicago" on their shirts carrying around tropies.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 12:36 AM)
Does he have MVP numbers?  Without question.  But you gotta have the team success to go with it.  I can't even remember the last time a player won the MVP and his team didn't win atleast 50 games.  The Lakers are all of 1 game over .500.  And their schedule is pretty tough the rest of the way.  The 5 guys I've mentioned are not only dominating invidually,  they've got the team success to go with it.

Take Kobe away and there is no doubt in my mind they have the worse record in the league. Kobe's having a huge season and he's the only reason the Lakers are where they are.

Question for the draft buffs:

Mardy Collins of Temple looks DAMN good today. Now he's listed at 6'6, 210 and that seems legit. Looking at a lot of mock drafts, he seems like a guy that will be drafted right around where the Bulls would pick if they finish 8th or 9th in the east. So would the Bulls be interested, and do you think he will be a good NBA player?

Thanks.

I'm not the biggest Mardy Collins fan, he reminds me alot of Jamal Crawford minus the attitude. Yes he's 6'6, and plays PG, but I'm not sure if he can make the transition to the PG on the pro leve, especially staying in front of the quicker PG's. I see him as a 2/3 at the next level, and his shooting touch needs work. The upside is that he's a solid passer and a pretty smart player, just not sure where he's going to play.