Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 04:41 PM)
I don't think that place is an ideal situation for a rookie. Half the players on that team take everything as a joke.

Are the Knicks right now the ideal situation for ANYTHING? (Except of course, for the Bulls, who have their picks)

Well, eventually Dolan will realize that Isiah has put this mess together, and in order to fix it he will have to rid himself of his "prized" GM. I honestly can not think of one trade Thomas has made in his entire career as a NY Knick GM that didnt make me scratch my head and wonder what the hell he was doing. If I didnt know better(and maybe I dont, who knows), I would say that Isiah Thomas is deliberately sabotaging the Knicks. Sure, that is something you wouldnt think could happen, but can you honestly look at the transaction log throughout his time as GM and see any sort of method to the madness? I sure cant.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)
Well, eventually Dolan will realize that Isiah has put this mess together, and in order to fix it he will have to rid himself of his "prized" GM.   I honestly can not think of one trade Thomas has made in his entire career as a NY Knick GM that didnt make me scratch my head and wonder what the hell he was doing.   If I didnt know better(and maybe I dont, who knows), I would say that Isiah Thomas is deliberately sabotaging the Knicks.   Sure, that is something you wouldnt think could happen, but can you honestly look at the transaction log throughout his time as GM and see any sort of method to the madness?  I sure cant.

:lol:

I like what you have to say about tyson in your sig...

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 09:51 PM)
Knicks lose by 30 tonight.  Make that 15-41?  With the Raptors and Hawks playing a little better of late,  it seems only the Bobcats could possibly have a worse record.

Even if they do wind up with a worse record...I think it's ok if their draft ball comes up ahead of ours. Just looking at their lineup, I'm not sure they have a place for Aldridge. They would be much better fit with that guy from Uconn. And then of course, there's the fact that it's actually fairly rare that the worst team comes up at the top. Hopefully one of ours will wind up top 2.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 01:34 AM)
Even if they do wind up with a worse record...I think it's ok if their draft ball comes up ahead of ours.  Just looking at their lineup, I'm not sure they have a place for Aldridge.  They would be much better fit with that guy from Uconn.  And then of course, there's the fact that it's actually fairly rare that the worst team comes up at the top.  Hopefully one of ours will wind up top 2.

The Hawks would definitely take Aldridge. They have numerous SG/SF types on the squad already that they are trying to force into other positions. They have Johnson, Harrington (who I suppose might be on his way out), Childress, Smith, and Williams. On top of that Stoudamire is a 2 guard in a PG's body, which takes up even more potential playing time for those guys. They really need a PG or a big man. They'd be really stupid to take another SF (although they did take Williams over Paul last year, I can't see them doing it again).

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 28, 2006 -> 01:40 PM)
The Hawks would definitely take Aldridge. They have numerous SG/SF types on the squad already that they are trying to force into other positions. They have Johnson, Harrington (who I suppose might be on his way out), Childress, Smith, and Williams. On top of that Stoudamire is a 2 guard in a PG's body, which takes up even more potential playing time for those guys. They really need a PG or a big man. They'd be really stupid to take another SF (although they did take Williams over Paul last year, I can't see them doing it again).

The Hawks, happily, will have a worse record than the Knicks unless the Knicks hit a winning streak. So the Hawks will have to move up to draft in front of us. We have to hope that either we come up with the #1 or Charlotte comes up with the #1 and we come up with the #2. Both of those should get us the guy we want. Any lower than that, and we'd either have to try to trade up or hope for Oden next year.

Now if the Bulls don't get Aldridge, and they don't want Bargnani (although I think he could end up being the next Pau Gasol, not the next Fran Vazquez), I found this little snippet;

Multiple NBA scouts have told NBADraft.net that they expect Josh McRoberts to enter his name in the 2006 draft. Look for him to test the draft process and make his ultimate decision at or near the withdrawal deadline.

McRoberts is considered one of the top post prospects in college basketball and a likely top 5 pick, top 10 worst case scenario. And though his game would probably benefit in the long run by staying at Duke another season and becoming the focal point of the offense, it's hard to fault a player for leaving when they are projected to be drafted as a top 5-10 pick.

And ESPN's Draft Lottery has come out;

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/index?&lpos=...lid=gn_NBA_NBA#

Now if the Bulls don't get Aldridge, and they don't want Bargnani (although I think he could end up being the next Pau Gasol, not the next Fran Vazquez), I found this little snippet;

I like that they have us picking Aldridge over the overrated Morrison. But if we can trade both 1st rounders + whatever for Garnett without giving up Hinrich and Deng, you have to do it.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 01:53 AM)

I like McRoberts alot. I would definately take him with our 2nd pick over Shelden or anyone else who's there. He's Chris Webber with a higher BBall IQ. He also likes to flush it down on opponents which this team needs.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 2, 2006 -> 05:31 AM)
If the Bulls draft Adam Morrison, I might cry.  If they take Morrison over Aldridge, I'll consider finding a new team.

I'm pretty sure if the Magic get a chance to take Morrison before the Bulls, they'll do it.

And unless Paxson sees him as a SG, and can trade Ben Gordon, I don't think you'll need to worry that much.

Guys are you all mental or something. The Bulls aren't looking at Morrison, not one bit.

We will take in this order: Aldridge, Gay, Euro Center

We may even take the Euro Center over Gay. More likely if Aldridge is off the board and Gay is there, we'll try to work a big time deal where we trade that pick or Deng and someone else for a big man and than take Gay.

Idonno if we could get get Gay and Deng on the court together.... they could both grow into the 2 guys that carry our team for the next 10 years. Not 2 mention it would put Kirk Hinrich back at PG and if we find a true C which makes Tyson a PF we would also be a really tall and athletic team.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Mar 2, 2006 -> 05:24 AM)
I like Gay, but I don't see us playing him and Deng at the same time. I personally doubt that either can play SG or PF. One of them would probably have to be trade bait if that was how things fell.

Idonno I think most of the time they can matchup on the opposing team's SG and even if they get past them the way our defense is setup Tyson is there to stop anyone from driving in past the guards.

Orlando keep losing but Darko Milicic's line tonight;

26 mins, 12 points, 9 boards, 2 assists, 2 blocks.

And our main need has GOT to be a bonafide 3 point shooter. We'd definitely be at the bottom in terms of 3 pointers made, and if we can get Adam Morrison in the draft, or even trade for J.R Smith (giv em Tony Battie for all I care, since Darko deserves to start right now), that's the way Otis Smith should go.