Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 03:36 PM)
Probably???    :huh:  :unsure:  :P

Superstar's a top 5 NBA player for mine. I'd call Brand a star though, but would you call him one of the top 5 players in the NBA when he's got this competition?

Kevin Garnett

Steve Nash

Lebron James

Dirk Nowitski

Chauncey Billups

Dwayne Wade

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 12:20 PM)
Superstar's a top 5 NBA player for mine. I'd call Brand a star though, but would you call him one of the top 5 players in the NBA when he's got this competition?

Kevin Garnett

Steve Nash

Lebron James

Dirk Nowitski

Chauncey Billups

Dwayne Wade

I dont know why you say top 5 and than list 6.... its also at this point pretty obvious that Billups doesnt belong with the rest of those and where is Kobe?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 12, 2006 -> 07:20 AM)

Kevin Garnett

Steve Nash

Lebron James

Dirk Nowitski

Chauncey Billups

Dwayne Wade

A case can certainly be made.

And billups is not a superstar.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 06:59 AM)
A case can certainly be made.

And billups is not a superstar.

Well I know most people could argue that, but Billups is up there in the MVP race right now and on the best team in the NBA right now.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 13, 2006 -> 11:31 AM)
Brand is in the MVP race too...

That's why it's good to argue whether Brand would be more of a superstar than Billups.

You can make arguments for either player as to which one you'd prefer.

I haven't looked at the NBA standing in a while until today and I didn't realize New Orleans/Oklahoma City/Your City Hornets are slipping out of the playoffs, and Memphis isn't doing too well either. Sacramento will be in the playoffs, they're just playing great ball.

Kwame Brown always makes me wonder if the kid was a bust because he didnt have the mental makeup, or because MJ beat his mental makeup down until he became this worthless yet freakishly athletic (and young)post player.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
Tim Thomas last night.....10-11 from the field, 23 points.  Good thing we got rid of that locker room cancer, his shooting ability and height wouldn't have helped this team at all.

He wouldn't have been doing that with us. We don't have a Steve Nash.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 15, 2006 -> 09:42 PM)
Tim Thomas last night.....10-11 from the field, 23 points.  Good thing we got rid of that locker room cancer, his shooting ability and height wouldn't have helped this team at all.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 02:21 AM)
He's better than most of the crap we put on the floor these days.

It is crap. Crap that he wouldnt practice hard enough, crap that Skiles couldnt push him to play, crap that the bulls got stuck with a 14 million dollar contract, crap that he was a throw in for Antonio Davis, crap that he sat on his ass for half the season and did nothing. The whole thing is crap. Thats all there is to it. You can be mad at everyone in this situation, I know I am.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Mar 16, 2006 -> 04:57 AM)
He would prob help a little but I dont think it would of been a huge difference.....

It would not have been a huge difference, and everyone knows it.

Look everyone, here are the facts of the Bulls this year.

Pax was stuck with an absolutely untenable situation last year. He had a high draft pick with an obscure injury who they didn't want to risk playing if he couldn't prove he was healthy and who did not want to go so far as to prove to the team he was healthy. We were basically looking at having Curry sign his qualifying offer, play out this year, and leave.

Instead, Pax managed to take that guy who was about to leave and turn it into almost certainly 2 separate "Top of the lottery" picks. And he did so without losing our cap space which we have after this year. The sacrifice he had to make? We had to take a step back this year, because we wouldn't have a solid inside scoring threat.

So, we're taking a step back this year. Boo-Hoo. I'll worry about that when we have 2 picks in the top 12 this year and a top 5 pick next year, and with a little luck one of those will be top 2.

In terms of Thomas...yeah he probably could have been useful at some level. But we saw last year what Skiles and Pax could do if they find the right kind of people. Hell, we saw Larry Brown turn the right kind of people into champions. If Tim Thomas doesn't fit in with Skiles's system...fine. Let them do their work, accept that we are taking a step back this season, and let's make our runs in 07 and beyond, once we have the talent we need.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 17, 2006 -> 01:48 AM)
It is crap.  Crap that he wouldnt practice hard enough, crap that Skiles couldnt push him to play, crap that the bulls got stuck with a 14 million dollar contract, crap that he was a throw in for Antonio Davis, crap that he sat on his ass for half the season and did nothing.  The whole thing is crap.  Thats all there is to it.  You can be mad at everyone in this situation, I know I am.

2 words. Cap Space. Why do you think we traded for Penny Hardaway when he's probably Brian Hill's most hated player of all time (he did get him fired back in 97 or 98 ya know).

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 18, 2006 -> 07:20 PM)
The Knicks beat the Pistons. :puke

Yeah saw that, LB's actually got a set lineup for the last few games, Malik Rose seems to be doing ok at PF, with Rose, Curry, Francis and Starbury alongside him. They've been a little more competitive lately, but they still had something like 22 turnovers against the Pistons.

And that's something we've been improving in with Mr. Franchise the turnovers. Dwight Howard's actually the main cause of ours now, he leads all PF's in the NBA in TO's actually.

But Darko's starting to become a real presence for us down low now as well. He's had 14 in his last 3 games. And he's got a fairly nice offensive game, as he can hit the 20-22 foot jumpers with regularity.

For this team to move forward though, we need a real good shooter at the wing spot. I'd love to get Adam Morrison. I know a lot of people here don't like him, but we play a slow half court offense, and Brian Hill's offense allows for guys like Stevenson and Hedo to shoot a lot of outside jumpers. They're just not that good at it. Getting a guy like Morrison, who's got serious skills shooting the J, would take our offense to another level, especially since Dwight's getting double teamed down low, and he can dish off to the open man on the outside.