Official NBA Discussion Thread

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 26, 2006 -> 05:36 PM)
Bulls win a huuuuuuuuuge win today.  33-19 in the 4th to come back and win 101-97 at Boston.  Philly lost too, so only 1.5 outta the 8th spot with 12 games to go.  Not bad.  I don't care if Detroit will kill us, I want to see the Bulls in the playoffs.  Not like finishing 9th will make much a difference for the pick anyways.

Actually it will. At the 8th spot, I think the best pick we could get is 14. Not making the playoffs puts us at around 10(in my projections), 11 at the highest. That could mean the difference between a Ronnie Brewer and a Maurice Ager. I rather have Brewer.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 26, 2006 -> 09:23 PM)
Actually it will. At the 8th spot, I think the best pick we could get is 14. Not making the playoffs puts us at around 10(in my projections), 11 at the highest. That could mean the difference between a Ronnie Brewer and a Maurice Ager. I rather have Brewer.

If we miss the playoffs, we have a legit shot at as high as the 7th pick. Right now, we're somewhere between 11-12. It would only take a couple of consecutive losses by us and wins by other teams to push us up to 7. But that'd also push us out of the playoffs pretty darn quick too...there's a big logjam right there.

If we can win our next two games on the road against Chicago and Minny, we may actually be able to make this an interesting race. We're only 5.5 games back of Philly (can't see them making it at this rate), and 4 games behind the Bulls. Tuesday Night's game at the United Center is especially huge.

Darko and Dwight will need to dominate inside though.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 27, 2006 -> 12:42 PM)
Tyrus Thomas' profile on draftexpress.com

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=511

I love the projection of the WORST case NBA senario for Thomas, it's so true.

:lol:

Damn, this guy would have Thomas going numero uno if the draft happened right now. Of course, with the way he has performed in the tournament this year, there is good reason for it. Thomas has been really awesome. The only thing this guy "criticizes" is his lack of bulk, which can be put on .

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 07:07 AM)
Damn, this guy would have Thomas going numero uno if the draft happened right now.  Of course, with the way he has performed in the tournament this year, there is good reason for it.  Thomas has been really awesome.    The only thing this guy "criticizes" is his lack of bulk, which can be put on .

Lack of a true offensive game. I mean he can run the floor and dunk and stuff, but he really doesn't have any post moves or moves period.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 09:00 AM)
Lack of a true offensive game. I mean he can run the floor and dunk and stuff, but he really doesn't have any post moves or moves period.

So what you are saying is that he will be perfect for the NBA..... ;)

The thing with a guy like Thomas is, you look at him now and you see a shorter Tyson Chandler.....but you see his freakish athletic ability combined with the 3 mid range jumpers he hit against Texas, and you also see a kid that could develop into an Amare Stoudemire type with a little work on the jumper and in the weight room. He's a top 10 lock and is going to go pro now though, Big Baby will probably go as well. Those 2 have made themselves a ton of money.

Oh, and draft express is easily the best site for draft stuff, just so you know. nbadraft.net can also be used as a reference point since they often have better and more detailed individual player profiles, but draft express is better with their mock drafts.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Damn, this guy would have Thomas going numero uno if the draft happened right now. Of course, with the way he has performed in the tournament this year, there is good reason for it. Thomas has been really awesome. The only thing this guy "criticizes" is his lack of bulk, which can be put on .

I agree with him 100%. Tyrus is an awesome talent. He reminds me alot of another former LSU PF in Stromile Swift. Only Tyrus already has a jumpshot in his arsenal, and has the body to add 20 pounds. At his best, I could see him peaking somewhere near Amare's level. Though Amare was already a beast at 235 pounds at 18 years old.

The Stromile Swift comparison is very fair based on school, athletic ability, skill set, and size....as well as now projected draft position. But if anything, the Swift thought would scare people off. Swift is a #2 overall pick who has been in the league several years and has a career average of 9 points and 5 boards a game, numbers he is right around this season. To me that is a bust.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 08:41 AM)
The thing with a guy like Thomas is, you look at him now and you see a shorter Tyson Chandler.....but you see his freakish athletic ability combined with the 3 mid range jumpers he hit against Texas, and you also see a kid that could develop into an Amare Stoudemire type with a little work on the jumper and in the weight room.  He's a top 10 lock and is going to go pro now though, Big Baby will probably go as well.  Those 2 have made themselves a ton of money.

Oh, and draft express is easily the best site for draft stuff, just so you know.  nbadraft.net can also be used as a reference point since they often have better and more detailed individual player profiles, but draft express is better with their mock drafts.

I'd say it's just the opposite. nbadraft.net's final mock is by far the most accurate year after year. They used to do detailed profiles, but now you gotta pay for most of the profiles. draftexpress definately does a better job on detailed scouting reports, nbadraft.net definately does better on final mocks.

And Thomas is Stromile Swift pt2. I don't know if I would take that in the top 10.

Swift is a #2 overall pick who has been in the league several years and has a career average of 9 points and 5 boards a game, numbers he is right around this season. To me that is a bust.

Agree on all points, but that's why I threw in the "Only Tyrus already has a jumpshot in his arsenal, and has the body to add 20 pounds." part to seperate him from Stromile. Swift never has had the body to bang in the post, or any kind of jumpshot.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 06:18 PM)
This Orlando team has scary deep talent up front.  Combine that with somebody like Brandon Roy or Randy Foye (hey that rhymed) or even Carney or Brewer to play guard off of their high pick this year, and look out (although even with the pick, they still will need another guard).

Even all that talent Orlando has, you know, that's not what scares me the most about them.

Know what scares me the most? Thanks to their good friend Isiah Thomas...coming up here in like 2 years, they have 2 very large expiring contracts. Which means they will have some of the largest cap room in history. During the year that Lebron, Melo, Bosh, Wade, Hinrich all can try the unrestricted FA market.

Bulls blow a 4th quarter lead due to amazingly bad shooting and lose to Orlando at home. A crushing loss for the playoff hopes. Tyson Chandler with a solid game, 2 points and 7 rebounds, and Ben Gordon also looked good with a 5 for 17 effort from the field. The Bulls were 3 for 21 from the field in the 4th and 15-28 from the line overall.

Hey, another lottery pick wouldn't be too bad I guess.....

I would also point out that Phoenix followed last nights stirring 110-72 beatdown at New Jersey by going to Milwaukee and being destroyed 132-110. The highlight of this game, other than the fact that both teams had 7 (and almost 8) players in double figures, was the fact that Milwaukee scored 46 points in the 3rd quarter. :huh:

And in one of the most disturbing/bizarre developments of the entire season thusfar, former Michigan State guard and current NBA journeyman (at best) Charlie Bell had a triple double with 19 points, 13 dimes, and 10 rebounds for the Bucks. :o

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 28, 2006 -> 05:24 PM)
Agree on all points, but that's why I threw in the "Only Tyrus already has a jumpshot in his arsenal, and has the body to add 20 pounds." part to seperate him from Stromile. Swift never has had the body to bang in the post, or any kind of jumpshot.

I disagree. Stro definately has a body to bang in the paint. For whatever reason though, he doesn't.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 04:06 PM)
Even all that talent Orlando has, you know, that's not what scares me the most about them.

Know what scares me the most?  Thanks to their good friend Isiah Thomas...coming up here in like 2 years, they have 2 very large expiring contracts.  Which means they will have some of the largest cap room in history.  During the year that Lebron, Melo, Bosh, Wade, Hinrich all can try the unrestricted FA market.

Lebron and Wade are a pipedream. Melo would probably also be one, unless Stan Korenke decides he doesn't want to pay another max contract.

I'd like to target someone like Rashard Lewis though. We'll need a SF when Hill retires, so Turk can go back to the bench, and Lewis would be a pretty good fit with his outside shooting.

As for the draft, Brandon Roy makes perfect sense for us. Tonight, showed that we've got 2 excellent bench guards in Dooling and Arroyo. Roy would replace Stevenson in the lineup, otherwise another move could be to package Stevenson and our top pick to move higher in the draft to grab Gay or Morrison.

But tonight showed, if we can keep stringing together wins, the playoffs are still a possibility. We've got a tough schedule coming up though, and Philly has 2 straight games against the Knicks.

Oh, and Darko Milicic, re-sign him now. 12 points, 8 boards, 4 blocks. He'll lead the league in blocks in a season one day, I truly believe that. Give him a low post game, with that outside shooting of his, and look out.

Jameer Nelson had a damn nice game tonight as well. He was really a massive loss for us mid-season when he got that foot injury, and at times this season he's played at an all - star level. Plus he's proved, he deserves to be starting.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 12:27 AM)
Bulls blow a 4th quarter lead due to amazingly bad shooting and lose to Orlando at home.  A crushing loss for the playoff hopes.  Tyson Chandler with a solid game, 2 points and 7 rebounds, and Ben Gordon also looked good with a 5 for 17 effort from the field.  The Bulls were 3 for 21 from the field in the 4th and 15-28 from the line overall.

Hey, another lottery pick wouldn't be too bad I guess.....

LOL, no green necassary

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 07:27 AM)
LOL, no green necassary

Those 2 aren't even worth green anymore.

Oh, and DBAH0, I agree with you on Roy being a perfect fit and you guys having nice bench guards. You guys will keep Darko around, I wouldn't worry about that too much, and Rashard Lewis is the man, so versatile....that would be a great sign.

How the hell do you keep up so well with the NBA in Australia? :bang

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 29, 2006 -> 02:16 PM)
Those 2 aren't even worth green anymore.

Oh, and DBAH0, I agree with you on Roy being a perfect fit and you guys having nice bench guards.  You guys will keep Darko around, I wouldn't worry about that too much, and Rashard Lewis is the man, so versatile....that would be a great sign.

How the hell do you keep up so well with the NBA in Australia?  :bang

Its called the internet.