Official NBA Discussion Thread

2nd rounders really mean jack though. I mean sure you may get a bench player or 2, but the Celtics have shown they can get some contributers in the draft over the past few years like Delonte West, and they got Gerald Green as well.

Sorry, the article didn't state that the Celtics were getting back a 1st rounder so I thought you were wrong. But I just heard a radio update that they are indeed getting a 1st rounder. So I agree with you.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 07:24 PM)
Sorry, the article didn't state that the Celtics were getting back a 1st rounder so I thought you were wrong.  But I just heard a radio update that they are indeed getting a 1st rounder.  So I agree with you.

Boston could really completely rebuild right now. They could trade Pierce, and really just go with West, Allen / Green, Wally, Jefferson and Perkins.

I don't know if Doc Rivers is the right coach if they're going to go that way though.

Ainge is questionable to say the least as a GM (e.g Scalabrine for 5 years/15M yuck), but in the draft he's done a fairly solid job.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 07:30 PM)
Who is the best free agent center available?  Ben Wallace?  Whomever it is, the Bulls need him.

Ben's pretty much a lock to re-sign with the Pistons for the max. And really if you were him, why would you want to leave that team the way they're playing at the moment.

After that, it's really Nene, Mohammed, Cato, Battie and Pryzibilla.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 03:28 AM)
Ben's pretty much a lock to re-sign with the Pistons for the max. And really if you were him, why would you want to leave that team the way they're playing at the moment.

After that, it's really Nene, Mohammed, Cato, Battie and Pryzibilla.

I've been endorsing Nene for a while now. If he's healthy, he's the guy we should go for.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 08:50 PM)
I've been endorsing Nene for a while now.  If he's healthy,  he's the guy we should go for.

Yeah I'd love him in Orlando as well, so we could get Battie / Howard and Nene in the C/PF spots with Vazquez still a possibility to come over.

I think a team like Atlanta could really offer him a lot of money though, even though he's coming off knee surgery.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 26, 2006 -> 05:13 PM)
Right now they're sitting in the 7 spot, a game and a half ahead of the Wiz and 3 games ahead of the Bulls and Magic.  Basically...they're losing O'Neal and gaining Peja, and I think that's a pretty obvious downgrade right now.  If O'Neal is out for 8 weeks, they'll basically get him for 10-15 games at the end of the season.  Some decent play from a few other teams and they may be too far out of it for him to help.

They'll make it, just watch.

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Jan 27, 2006 -> 09:58 PM)
Chandler is making b****es look stupid.

:huh:

Is he showing signs of life?

I was too busy watching Brand score the clippers' first 14 points...Just switched it over and saw tyson mishandle a great pass by Kirk for an easy inside shot, have to kick out to Kirk for a 3, and then mishandle the rebound and lose it to the wizards...Maybe I'm bad luck. :(

Chandler was awesome but the rest of the team must of been lazy.... when 1 guy gets 20 rebounds you shouldnt get out-rebounded as a team..... still Chandler has really picked it up lately he is getting some blocks, rebounds and making free throws... let him never start at the C position again.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 28, 2006 -> 06:38 PM)
Tyson with 10/9 @ the half.

f***.  Yes.

Dude missed 1 shot from the floor in the 1st half. Had some damn nice looking dunks too. Throw in 2 assists too.

Hinrich's having a damn good half too, but I think we're all noticing that the key to this team winning is Tyson. He keeps doing this and they look like a playoff team. This is what, his 4th good game in a row?

By the way...it's nice when WGN actually carries these games out here.