Official NBA Discussion Thread

Interestingly enough, as the Bulls came dangerously close to blowing this game, Chandler was doing NOTHING...according to both the naked eye and stat sheet. Tyson however had a couple of BIG rebounds as the Bulls had a mini run to put it away late.

Bulls by 11 with 47 seconds left, on their way to ANOTHER win. Good to see them playing better, and should be interesting to see how this upcoming road trip goes.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the lightbulb actually just switch on for Tyson all of a sudden.

It's gonna be a good race in the East. If the Bucks and Pacers aren't careful, they'll be dragged back into it as well. There's only 4 and a half games b/w the Bucks who are in 5th, and the Celtics who are in 11th.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 28, 2006 -> 07:48 PM)
Interestingly enough, as the Bulls came dangerously close to blowing this game, Chandler was doing NOTHING...according to both the naked eye and stat sheet.  Tyson however had a couple of BIG rebounds as the Bulls had a mini run to put it away late.

Bulls by 11 with 47 seconds left, on their way to ANOTHER win.  Good to see them playing better, and should be interesting to see how this upcoming road trip goes.

Didn't Tyson get into a bit of foul trouble in quarter 3, causing Skiles to sit him down for a while when the Hawks started that run? He spent a long time on the bench in the 2nd half, which is why he didn't score much more. Plus there were quite a few guys just chucking up shots and missing from the outside when it started getting close.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 29, 2006 -> 06:36 AM)
I told people just to have a little patience with Tyson.  Hammerhead and Qwerty were also big time Chandler backers.

Id say majority of people were Chandler backers last season but this season he deserved to be ripped b4 this 4 game streak because he was playing like absolute horse s***.....

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 29, 2006 -> 05:36 PM)
I told people just to have a little patience with Tyson.  Hammerhead and Qwerty were also big time Chandler backers.

I loved those Curry vs. Chandler debates. Those were the days. :D

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 29, 2006 -> 10:43 AM)
I loved those Curry vs. Chandler debates. Those were the days.  :D

The funny thing is even though I was a huge Tyson fan I had to stick up for Curry because people like Qwerty/WHarris couple others would non-stop bash him lol.... well I hope they realize he was more important to this team than they first thought even though he isnt have a great season in NY either.

Now its like Ben Gordon is their new player to hate and not realize what he brings to his team.... and even though I was a huge Gordan fan besides the 4th quarter last year when he was a joy to watch..... I have to stick up for him lol... but the hate threads on Gordon havent been as near as the Curry one's.

Just finished reading an article about Al Harrington possiblly being a Bull next year.

“Obviously, they’re one of the top teams on my list as a free agent,” Harrington said. “They’re right there. This house is definitely going to be a situation I’m going to look at in free agency and if it’s a fit, I’ll be here.”

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives..._missing_piece/

What's the love affair the Bulls have with Harrington? Seems they've been drooling over him for 3 years now. He's definitely a good player. But I sure as hell don't consider him the "missing piece".

Harrington is a guy who thinks like a 3, but has the body of a 4. He loves facing the basket, and lately has fallen in love with taking 3's. I personally think he's very overrated. I mean he's a nice player, but he won't help out the Bulls much at all. The Bulls need a true low post presence with a back to the basket game. Harrington isn't that. In fact, I find his and Deng's game repetitive.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 29, 2006 -> 01:39 PM)
The funny thing is even though I was a huge Tyson fan I had to stick up for Curry because people like Qwerty/WHarris couple others would non-stop bash him lol.... well I hope they realize he was more important to this team than they first thought even though he isnt have a great season in NY either.

Now its like Ben Gordon is their new player to hate and not realize what he brings to his team.... and even though I was a huge Gordan fan besides the 4th quarter last year when he was a joy to watch..... I have to stick up for him lol... but the hate threads on Gordon havent been as near as the Curry one's.

:notworthy

With Deng and Nocioni in the picture, the acquisition of Al Harrington would make zero sense. He is terrific, though. I've always liked him.

We'll need a center who can score 12 to 15 points a game, so you can forget about Nazr Mohammad. If people think that Chandler is completely incapable of creating a scoring opportunity for himself on the offensive end, wait until you get a load of Nazr.

Top priorities: An actual SG, and a C with scoring potential. I don't want Sweetney, Harrington, or Malik Allen on this roster, but whatever. As Jerry Angelo would say, I guess that I'm just gonna have to live with the crap.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jan 29, 2006 -> 06:24 PM)
With Deng and Nocioni in the picture, the acquisition of Al Harrington would make zero sense.  He is terrific, though.  I've always liked him.

We'll need a center who can score 12 to 15 points a game, so you can forget about Nazr Mohammad.  If people think that Chandler is completely incapable of creating a scoring opportunity for himself on the offensive end, wait until you get a load of Nazr. 

Top priorities: An actual SG, and a C with scoring potential.  I don't want Sweetney, Harrington, or Malik Allen on this roster, but whatever.  As Jerry Angelo would say, I guess that I'm just gonna have to live with the crap.

I think in the past year and a half harrington has fully proved he is not a piece of s***. Sweetney has alot of upside offensively but is just way too inconsistent thus far.

Allen is just f***ing awesome... cannot believe you would dis him. :headshake

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 29, 2006 -> 06:49 PM)
Think Kobe's going to score 50 tonight again? I'm guessing not but he's at 25 at half.

One thing I'll say about Kobe this year, his jumper is straight butta right now. He's really worked on that the last couple years. His Jumper was broke as hell last year. The Pistons are still gonna win this game fairly easily.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 29, 2006 -> 06:55 PM)
One thing I'll say about Kobe this year,  his jumper is straight butta right now.  He's really worked on that the last couple years.  His Jumper was broke as hell last year.  The Pistons are still gonna win this game fairly easily.

Yeah I think the Pistons are going to win this one too. The Lakers had it close for the longest time. Being down 9 points isn't terrible, but when you're going against the Pistons it's hard to overcome.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jan 29, 2006 -> 06:57 PM)
Yeah I think the Pistons are going to win this one too. The Lakers had it close for the longest time. Being down 9 points isn't terrible, but when you're going against the Pistons it's hard to overcome.

Pistons up 14 now. Team play will ALWAYS outshine a one man show.

With Deng and Nocioni in the picture, the acquisition of Al Harrington would make zero sense.  He is terrific, though.  I've always liked him.

We'll need a center who can score 12 to 15 points a game, so you can forget about Nazr Mohammad.  If people think that Chandler is completely incapable of creating a scoring opportunity for himself on the offensive end, wait until you get a load of Nazr. 

Top priorities: An actual SG, and a C with scoring potential.  I don't want Sweetney, Harrington, or Malik Allen on this roster, but whatever.  As Jerry Angelo would say, I guess that I'm just gonna have to live with the crap.

I agree with your top priorities. The Bulls need to sign a true center to move Chandler back to PF. They should also try to trade Gordon + draft pick(s) for a good SG. I still like Sweetney's potential if he works on his conditioning this upcoming offseason.