Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chandler and hinrich? Nice games. The first half the mavericks shot out of their minds. The second half the bulls were just playing smothering defense. To be down by 30 and come back to only lose by four is a feat in itself. I will take holding the mavericks to 40% shooting considering they normally shoot 46%. The bulls had 14 turnovers to their 13 but they were much sloppier than the numbers indicate.

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Jan 31, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
Chandler and hinrich? Nice games. The first half the mavericks shot out of their minds. The second half the bulls were just playing smothering defense. To be down by 30 and come back to only lose by four is a feat in itself. I will take holding the mavericks to 40% shooting considering they normally shoot 46%. The bulls had 14 turnovers to their 13 but they were much sloppier than the numbers indicate.

Moral victories get tired after a while.

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Jan 31, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)

Ya, it was a very impressive comeback and had they protected the ball at all in the 1st half they'd have won this game. They also really picked up the defensive intensity in the 2nd half.

The mavs should great in the 1st half but they were also getting tons of easy buckets (of course many of those came on fast breaks, which were due to turnovers and just sloppy ball handling).

Still I love how the Bulls didn't quit. I'm hoping for .500 on this road trip, but I got a sneaking feeling that they may do better. A .500 trip would be real nice though.

There's been rumors of Atlanta trading Al Harrington to the Knicks for Quentin Richardson over the past few days. They may possibly try to expand it to a 3 way deal to get either Toronto or Portland invovled (Rose, Penny Hardway, Theo Ratliff).

The Knicks are just a total mess right now. Ever since that 1st half against the Magic, they've been downright terrible. I'd expect them to go hard after Mike James for the MLE in the off-season. Larry Brown loves his toughness, and it's hard to see him stickin with Marbury, and Nate Robinson who's back in his doghouse again.

Marcus Banks has always had some good wraps for his defense, and he scored 20 points against the Celtics the other day. The T-Wolves already have Troy Hudson and Marko Jaric, so I'm thinkin something may happen there trading wise (although there's been rumors of Reggie Evans and Flip Murray for Banks, which McHale should probably jump at).

And Boris Diaw got his 1st ever triple - double today, 14 points, 11 boards and 13 assists. The guy's turned into a stud, and the Suns look dangerous when they play adequate enough defense and they're knockin down shots. Bell's a 3 PT machine, and Barbosa and House provide instant offense off the bench in the guard positions. And it should be interesting to see how Tskitishvili fits in, once he starts getting into some games. He could play some PF for them, and have a Radmanovic like role off the bench.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 04:02 AM)
There's been rumors of Atlanta trading Al Harrington to the Knicks for Quentin Richardson over the past few days. They may possibly try to expand it to a 3 way deal to get either Toronto or Portland invovled (Rose, Penny Hardway, Theo Ratliff).

The Knicks are just a total mess right now. Ever since that 1st half against the Magic, they've been downright terrible. I'd expect them to go hard after Mike James for the MLE in the off-season. Larry Brown loves his toughness, and it's hard to see him stickin with Marbury, and Nate Robinson who's back in his doghouse again.

Marcus Banks has always had some good wraps for his defense, and he scored 20 points against the Celtics the other day. The T-Wolves already have Troy Hudson and Marko Jaric, so I'm thinkin something may happen there trading wise (although there's been rumors of Reggie Evans and Flip Murray for Banks, which McHale should probably jump at).

And Boris Diaw got his 1st ever triple - double today, 14 points, 11 boards and 13 assists. The guy's turned into a stud, and the Suns look dangerous when they play adequate enough defense and they're knockin down shots. Bell's a 3 PT machine, and Barbosa and House provide instant offense off the bench in the guard positions. And it should be interesting to see how Tskitishvili fits in, once he starts getting into some games. He could play some PF for them, and have a Radmanovic like role off the bench.

Marcus banks? He is a no body i thought :rolly

It is pretty surprising that diaw got his first triple double considering him stat line is as good as it is. When amare gets back they are gonna be simply amazing to watch as ( stating the obvious there).

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 09:31 PM)
Marcus banks? He is a no body i thought :rolly 

It is pretty surprising that diaw got his first triple double considering him stat line is as good as it is. When amare gets back they are gonna be simply amazing to watch as ( stating the obvious there).

Right now the West is shaping up to be a real good race. San Antonio should go in as the favorites no doubt. Phoenix if they get Amare back firing, they're going to be incredibly deep and tough to stop, if they can get all cylinders blazing.

Avery Johnson has turned Dallas into a pretty good defensive team. But they'll need Dirk to play some defense in the playoffs this time (cos Amare owned him last time).

There's also the Clippers who seem to be getting back on track (and Maggette still to come back), and a few other teams around the mark. But right now, I think it comes down to San Antonio, Dallas or Phoenix to come out of the West, and most likely play Detroit in the Finals.

But San Antonio needs Manu Ginobli to stay injury free comes the playoffs. He's the 3rd highest player in the NBA in Net Team +/-. This site 82games.com, is really good when it comes to all that type of stuff.

http://www.82games.com/index.htm

Here's my question.

Phoenix is playing much better defense this year to go along with their running game. If they get Amare back...that should improve their offense even more. We've already seen Detroit take down San Antonio...can Phoenix give detroit problems?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 1, 2006 -> 10:02 AM)
And Boris Diaw got his 1st ever triple - double today, 14 points, 11 boards and 13 assists. The guy's turned into a stud, and the Suns look dangerous when they play adequate enough defense and they're knockin down shots.

Well, it's about time!

Nov 6: 11 PTS, 9 REB, 9 AST

Nov 16: 8 PTS, 7 REB, 7 AST

Nov 23: 17 PTS, 10 REB, 6 AST

Nov 25: 10 PTS, 7 REB, 9 AST

Nov 30: 17 PTS, 8 REB, 6 AST

Dec 6: 8 PTS, 8 REB, 13 AST

Dec 16: 9 PTS, 13 REB, 7 AST

Dec 17: 11 PTS, 11 REB, 8 AST

Dec 20: 13 PTS, 8 REB, 8 AST

Dec 28: 12 PTS, 8 REB, 6 AST

Dec 30: 11 PTS, 12 REB, 6 AST

Jan 6: 14 PTS, 7 REB, 6 AST

Jan 31: 14 PTS, 11 REB, 13 AST

It took you long enough, Boris. :headshake

The Hornets went out and quietly added a little frontcourt beef in PF Aaron Williams and (more importantly) C Stephen Hunter. Their bench just improved dramatically.

So, the surprise team of the year should be even better from here on out. Tonight's game against the Bulls is gonna be awesome. LOL, I never thought that I'd be saying that.

Bulls lay another egg in the first half tonight. I think we all know what's gonna happen from this point out. The Hornets will go up by 20 at some point in the thrid quarter. Then the Bulls will mount a lame charge and lose by "only" 4. Then will hear the never ending "Well, atleast we played hard" bulls***.

Felton would be putting up similar stats with the same amount of P/T. Take a look at what Ray has done when he plays over 30 minutes.

13 games.

15.5 ppg, 5.07 rpg, 6.54 apg, 1.92 spg

He's been consistently getting over 30 minutes a game lately, and 3 of his last 4 games, his average is even better at 17.66 ppg, 10.33 apg, 5.33 rpg, 2.33 spg.

I think the most impressive thing is his rebounding ability as a guard. He also doesn't have many options on the team, with the insane amount of injuries.

JR unfortunately has always been allergic to defense. His idea of a good shot is a 35 foot 3 pointer. Granted, he can make more 35 footers than just about anyone. But his head is holding him back right now. He's got all the talent in the world to be a very good SG, and he reminds me alot of Vince Carter when he was younger. He's not quite as athletic as Vince was, but he's got a great vertical and a good outside shot to compliment it. He just has to find the desire to play defense and attack the basket.

You know, before this season started, I was in belief that the league should just hand the Spurs the Western Conference title and let them wait for a finals opponent.

But just how good are the Mavs? I must say, I'm VERY impressed. This isn't like Mavs teams of the past that just ran up and down the court, launching shots with 20 seconds on the shotclock hoping to win games 125-120. They have become one of the deepest, most balanced teams in the league.

We know they can still score. They're averaging almost 100 ppg. That places them 7th in the league. They're also 7th in the league in fg% while placing 3rd in fewest turnovers made. That shows they're efficient as well. But take a look at some of their defensive numbers. They're a solid 9th in the league in ppg and defensive fg%. They're also fifth in the league in total rebounds.

They go about 10 deep. Dirk is obviously by far and away their best player, and a legitimate MVP canidate. They get very solid pg play out of Jason Terry and Devin Harris. They've got good athletes who can defend on the perimiter. Mainly Josh Howard. They've got two bigs who can clog the lane and block/alter shots in Dampier and Diop. Their bench is deep led by Stackhouse and Van Horn. I think this team is a legitimate contender.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2317958

Didnt see this anywhere, the Knicks trade AD for Rose and a first round pick. The Knicks now have about 7 guards who can't pass and wont play defense to go with Channing Frye and Eddy Curry.... and they just traded away a solid expiring contract. At least thats my initial reaction. Any other thoughts?