Official NBA Discussion Thread

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)
The whole league had the mentailty back then. There were wars out there. Now the league is full of pussies... but just because of that i don't think that bowen should blatantly trip and elbow people. Getting physical is fine... but he takes it a step farther... too far.

Agreed

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a story the Hornets are becoming. They win again on a last second buzzer beater by David West. They're even getting it done without Paul. Is there a more underrated player in the game than Speedy Claxton? I love this guy. Good things always happen when he's on the court.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

C'mon Isiah, you know you want to;

According to a league source, the Knicks have offered Penny Hardaway's expiring contract to Denver plus another player. The Knicks may be forced to part with rookie David Lee, but they insist on not giving up Frye.

"It seems like everyone wants Frye," said one GM. "I think that's why the Knicks are going to keep him."

Denver is working on several deals, including a trade for Orlando's Steve Francis. But in order to get Francis, the Nuggets want to rid themselves of Martin's contract, which calls for him to make $65 million over the next four years. With Carmelo Anthony looming as a restricted free agent, the Nuggets are reluctant to go over the luxury tax threshold in the future.

The Knicks are willing to provide Denver with salary cap relief but not at the expense of losing Frye, their top rookie. A deal for Martin likely would include point guard Earl Watson and guard Voshon Lenard heading to New York, with Jamal Crawford and Trevor Ariza going to Orlando along with the Nuggets' Nene. The Nuggets would get Francis.

Orlando, like the Knicks, is desperately trying to revamp its team. The Magic have another deal in place with the Pistons that includes Darko Milicic and Carlos Arroyo coming to Orlando in return for Kelvin Cato and a first-round pick. That deal is contingent on Orlando's three-team trade with the Knicks and Denver being completed.

So in essence this is what happens;

Orlando gets Milicic, Arroyo, Nene, Crawford and Ariza, and all they have to give up is Cato, Francis and a 1st round pick. Surely that can't be possible?

So in the future we could have a frontcourt of Dwight, Darko, Nene and Fran Vazquez. Wow.

Where do I sign? :D

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 06:07 AM)
C'mon Isiah, you know you want to;

So in essence this is what happens;

Orlando gets Milicic, Arroyo, Nene, Crawford and Ariza, and all they have to give up is Cato, Francis and a 1st round pick. Surely that can't be possible?

So in the future we could have a frontcourt of Dwight, Darko, Nene and Fran Vazquez. Wow.

Where do I sign?  :D

Sounds to good to be true from a Magic's fan point of view. But when Isiah is involved, anything is possible.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 13, 2006 -> 11:51 PM)
What a story the Hornets are becoming.  They win again on a last second buzzer beater by David West.  They're even getting it done with Paul.  Is there a more underrated player in the game than Speedy Claxton?  I love this guy.  Good things always happen when he's on the court.

He's too injury prone to be considered underrated. That's been his knock.

Clippers trade Chris Wilcox to the Sonics for Vladmir Radmanovic.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...vic_for_wilcox/

I like this deal for the Clippers. Let's face it, with Brand and Kaman, Wilcox was kind of the odd man out. In Vlad, they strengthen their bench while adding a very potent 3 point shooter.

Also, very, very bad news for the Cavs. Looks like Larry Hughes will miss the rest of the season.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...her_8_10_weeks/

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 03:48 PM)
Clippers trade Chris Wilcox to the Sonics for Vladmir Radmanovic.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...vic_for_wilcox/

I like this deal for the Clippers.  Let's face it,  with Brand and Kaman,  Wilcox was kind of the odd man out.  In Vlad,  they strengthen their bench while adding a very potent 3 point shooter.

Also,  very,  very bad news for the Cavs.  Looks like Larry Hughes will miss the rest of the season.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...her_8_10_weeks/

Wilcox is a guy I wouldn't mind in Chicago. He's really athletic yet has some low post game. He's just stuck in a tough spot in LA. Good move by the Sonics, imo.

I can also see how it gives the Clips a little extra dimension from the low post spot. That said I think in general Wilcox is better or at least has more upside.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 09:02 PM)
The Knicks are now the dumbest,  clueless,  most pathetic franchise in sports.  Guess who they're after now?

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...r_francis_hard/

LMAO.  Steve Francis and Marbury in the same back back-court?  Yeah,  that would really turn things around. :lol:

Hammer nailed that

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 10:31 PM)
Someone want to explain to me why the Pistson were wearing red and the nets were wearing white when the game was at the palace?

That happens all the time now. The road team will wear their home jerseys while the home team wheres their road ones. It's gay as hell.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

Darko could join the likes of T-Mac and J-O'Neal who have success as a HS on their second team. Plus with expectations and whatnot with that great draft class its just not ever going to happen for him there. I can't believe Starbury and the Franchise could be in the same backcourt. Let alone the two of them with Jamal Crawford. Will a frontcourt player shoot the ball in the second half of the season for the Knicks?

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 11:00 PM)
Darko could join the likes of T-Mac and J-O'Neal who have success as a HS on their second team. Plus with expectations and whatnot with that great draft class its just not ever going to happen for him there. I can't believe Starbury and the Franchise could be in the same backcourt. Let alone the two of them with Jamal Crawford. Will a frontcourt player shoot the ball in the second half of the season for the Knicks?

That's what I think of when I think of Darko. At the very least, he'll be Toni Kukoc part 2.

As far as that NY backcourt, that's brutal, but supposedly JC will go to Orlando or Denver in any deal netting them Francis.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 14, 2006 -> 10:42 PM)
Looks like it's gonna happen.  Anybody think it's a mistake by the Pistons to trade Arroyo?  He's their only true back-up pg to Chauncey.

Not really, for 2 reasons:

1. Arroyo seems to have forgotten how to play basketball since he arrived in Detroit and had to play off the bench in limited minutes.

2. Detroit hardly uses their bench as it is, and that will only become more obvious as the games get more important (and in fact, that could be their downfall in the end).

But in general, great deal for Orlando. They send a nobody like Cato and a protected 1st round pick to Detroit for Darko (who I still think could be really good) and Arroyo (who could rebound in Orlando getting more minutes).

Otis Smith, if you have seriously pulled this off, maybe the incompetence of previous Magic GM's before your time hasn't come your way.

Darko and Dwight. Can you say best frontcourt in the East if Darko develops and becomes a monster down low? He'll get the playing time he deserves, and a guy like Battie won't mind backing him up at all.

Arroyo I don't think will get a lot of playing time for us. Even if Francis is traded, if we acquire Jamal Crawford (which I'm not a fan of doing, I'd rather get Penny and David Lee), Arroyo would be stuck behind Nelson, Stevenson, Crawford and Dooling.

He could be on traded in another deal, to the Sonics perhaps (who desperately need a backup PG).

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 05:53 PM)
Yes, yes you would.

The thing is, back when Penny was in Orlando, he led a player revolt that got Brian Hill fired in the 1st place.

Even though he's got a huge expiring contract, I assure you Hill wants no part of Penny on this team right now (even though he wouldn't play for Orlando obviously).

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 12:55 AM)
The thing is, back when Penny was in Orlando, he led a player revolt that got Brian Hill fired in the 1st place.

Even though he's got a huge expiring contract, I assure you Hill wants no part of Penny on this team right now (even though he wouldn't play for Orlando obviously).

Ya, I gotcha. I just hate Jamal sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 15, 2006 -> 12:40 AM)
Not really, for 2 reasons:

1. Arroyo seems to have forgotten how to play basketball since he arrived in Detroit and had to play off the bench in limited minutes.

2. Detroit hardly uses their bench as it is, and that will only become more obvious as the games get more important (and in fact, that could be their downfall in the end).

But in general, great deal for Orlando.  They send a nobody like Cato and a protected 1st round pick to Detroit for Darko (who I still think could be really good) and Arroyo (who could rebound in Orlando getting more minutes).

It's a good deal for both teams. You've already stated what it does for the Magic. For Detroit, they get an expiring k that will not only help them resign Ben Wallace, but put them in better position to extend Billups before he becomes a free agent in 07. Two, Cato is a very effective player in the right situation. He's a good defender and shotblocker and would really be useful if the Pistons and Heat meet up again. I'll have to wait and see what the final restrictions will be on the draft pick before really commenting on it.