Official NBA Discussion Thread

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
I would venture to say that his wife added as the mouthpiece.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/buck/jun00/...t15s1061500.asp

Glen always said his wife spoke alone on that matter. His wife was a freaking nut. Maybe even more so than Kendra Davis. Glen Rice's wife always was mad that the media blamed Glen and never liked the trade.

I don't think you'll ever say Phil wished Glen was Scottie. They couldn't get Scottie.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of trades that Chad Ford suggested in an article on ESPN:

Deng, Duhon, Thomas, Pike, Allen, and both 1st rounders for Garnett and Jaric

Gordon, Duhon, Thomas, Pike, and Knicks' pick for Pierce and LaFrentz

Obviously the Bulls are giving up a ton in both deals. I think I can live with the Garnett one because we are getting one of the best players in the league and Jaric is a serviceable guard. We'd probably have to go after another forward to really make it work, but I'm not sure how much cap space we'd have left.

The second deal I don't like so much. LaFrentz is fairly useless and expensive, and it seems like a bit much to include the Knicks' pick. If it were our pick that would seem better for us, and I don't think it'd be a deal breaker for the Celtics.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 20, 2006 -> 07:31 PM)
Glen always said his wife spoke alone on that matter.  His wife was a freaking nut.  Maybe even more so than Kendra Davis.  Glen Rice's wife always was mad that the media blamed Glen and never liked the trade. 

I don't think you'll ever say Phil wished Glen was Scottie.  They couldn't get Scottie.

I remember when Slam used to make a big deal about how hot his wife was...

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 11:04 AM)

Obviously the Bulls are giving up a ton in both deals. I think I can live with the Garnett one because we are getting one of the best players in the league and Jaric is a serviceable guard. We'd probably have to go after another forward to really make it work, but I'm not sure how much cap space we'd have left.

The second deal I don't like so much. LaFrentz is fairly useless and expensive, and it seems like a bit much to include the Knicks' pick. If it were our pick that would seem better for us, and I don't think it'd be a deal breaker for the Celtics.

Can the first one be gordon instead of Deng too?

Both look virtually impossible anyways.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 11:08 AM)
I remember when Slam used to make a big deal about how hot his wife was...

Can the first one be gordon instead of Deng too?

Both look virtually impossible anyways.

The Garnett ones looks like a longshot, that's for sure. For KG, it probably has to be Deng. The other one seems to make sense, although I really wish it wasn't the Knicks' pick too since we are taking LaFrentz and his $10 mil a year contract off their hands.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 08:04 AM)

1st won I'd do in a heart-beat. Second one I'd do if we could make it our pick and not the Knicks or make the Knicks pick top 3 protected.

Why would I do it. Its pretty obvious that Pierce >>> Gordon/Duhon and well LaFrentz is just a filler but solid enough and who cares about Thomas/Pike (even though I like Pike).

I'd be all over the Garnett deal, especially cause I like Jaric. He could replace Duhon as the backup PG and get minutes at the 2 as well.

You've got to be f***ing kidding me! This has to be bogus.

KG to the Knicks for Penny and Frye? If that happens, Paxson should be fired.

Christopher Reina/RealGM - A source close to the participants in the talks told Christopher Reina late Tuesday night that New York and Minnesota are in serious and ongoing discussions about a deal which would send Kevin Garnett to the Knicks in exchange for Penny Hardaway and Channing Frye. Isiah Thomas, who has called Frye untouchable all season, is willing to give up the sought after rookie to land the future Hall of Famer.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives..._the_big_apple/

Realgm is pretty reliable when it comes to trade rumors. This better not happen.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 21, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)
I'm hearing the Wolves could get as many as 3 first round picks as well.  Still an awful trade.  Especially when you consider we have their pick this year.

It would be a great move by the Knicks though. Regardless of the number of picks they give up. Really dumb by the Twolves. If the Wolves are serious about dealing KG, than the Bulls should be serious about acquiring him.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 03:49 PM)
You've got to be f***ing kidding me!  This has to be bogus.

KG to the Knicks for Penny and Frye?  If that happens,  Paxson should be fired.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives..._the_big_apple/

Realgm is pretty reliable when it comes to trade rumors.  This better not happen.

Maurice Taylor and Jamal Crawford for Francis? Ugh.

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 07:21 PM)
WHAT THE HELL IS ISIAH DOING?!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2339941

Seriously, he now has 5 guards who don't pass and shoot as soon as they get the ball in any scoring position.

Hahahaha. Nice trade. Maybe they can play Jamal, Jalen, Francis and Marbury on the court all at the same time. Talk about brick city.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 02:04 PM)
I wouldn't even have trade Ariza for Francis, much less a great expiring contract like Pennies. Sometimes I get the feeling Isiah is playing one big joke on NBA fans, I just can't figure out why.

My best guess right now is that he saw Villinova beat UCONN last week running a 4 guard offense and thinks he can do that with Marbury, Francis, Rose, Crawford, and Frye.

The other great thing about this trade is Francis is on the books for 3 more years with his contract. Good times.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 05:16 PM)
Orlando has been making some serious power moves lately.  Darko Milicic and Trevor Ariza, god damn.  :o

"Tyson Chandler: Making b****es look stupid since January 21, 2006."

:huh: :unsure: :lol:

But yeah, even a below-average NBA fan knows how horribly stupid the knicks' moves are. :headshake

And by the way, does anybody not hate Crawford? His shot selection and defense are still suspect (STAY IN SCHOOL), but I don't fault him completely for when he was forced to be the Bulls' only scorer.