Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has to be another trade for the Knicks, there just has to be? Doesn't there? I really think Isiah is so desperate not to finish with a record that gives the Bulls the #1 pick he is trying anything that could help him win a couple more games this year, and possibly decreasing that chance. Francis, Marbury, Rose, Crawford, Curry, Taylor with Larry Brown coaching? You couldn't put together a bigger mismatch if you tried. Isiah is going to destroy the Knicks worse than he destroyed the CBA.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 07:07 PM)
There has to be another trade for the Knicks, there just has to be? Doesn't there? I really think Isiah is so desperate not to finish with a record that gives the Bulls the #1 pick he is trying anything that could help him win a couple more games this year, and possibly decreasing that chance. Francis, Marbury, Rose, Crawford, Curry, Taylor with Larry Brown coaching? You couldn't put together a bigger mismatch if you tried. Isiah is going to destroy the Knicks worse than he destroyed the CBA.

How long did it take Isiah to bankrupt the CBA? I know it wasnt long.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 06:44 PM)
So is there any way this could actually help the Knicks this season?  Cause I would really like that #1 draft pick.

Only if they could manage to swing Marbury and say Frye into Garnett. That is really the only thing that could help the Knicks.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 07:44 PM)
So is there any way this could actually help the Knicks this season?  Cause I would really like that #1 draft pick.

well, if you believe that Jalen Rose, Jamal Crawford, Quentin Richardson, Steve Francis, and Stephon Marbury can share the ball, then yes this could help the Knicks.

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 06:11 PM)
Bogut is a goofy ass looking mother f***er with those black tights.

I'd love him on the Bulls though. Smart player with a good big mans body. Plus he's very mobile. I think he could turn into a pretty damn good defensive player and he has nice touch on the offensive end and is already a decent passer.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 11:32 PM)
I'd love him on the Bulls though.  Smart player with a good big mans body.  Plus he's very mobile.  I think he could turn into a pretty damn good defensive player and he has nice touch on the offensive end and is already a decent passer.

You look at him and say no way is this guy #1 overall pick worthy, but he's a very smart and solid player, and considering he's a legit 7 foot tall 5 player, maybe he is worth that high a pick.....centers are just too hard to find these days.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 09:56 PM)
You look at him and say no way is this guy #1 overall pick worthy, but he's a very smart and solid player, and considering he's a legit 7 foot tall 5 player, maybe he is worth that high a pick.....centers are just too hard to find these days.

The question you have to try to think about is...where would the Bucks be if they had drafted Paul?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 09:56 PM)

Hell I honestly think I'd give up a #1 overall pick for Chris Kaman. I wish the Bulls could get a guy like Kam. Low post scorers are almost a necessity in this day and age cause they open up the rest of the offense. Without that the Bulls will never win a championship (the exception to that rule is if we have a guy like MJ).

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 11:58 PM)
The question you have to try to think about is...where would the Bucks be if they had drafted Paul?

Ehh they are cool with Bogut....Ford has a 2/1 Assist to TO this year and is averaging 12 points a game, that's not too bad. Plus, a center like Bogut (even if he's only kinda good) is REALLY hard to find.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 09:58 PM)

Paul is a damn good player, but I'm taking Bogut #1 overall. I think the bigger question is that you'd rather have him than say Marvin Williams.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 12:06 AM)
Hell I honestly think I'd give up a #1 overall pick for Chris Kaman.  I wish the Bulls could get a guy like Kam.  Low post scorers are almost a necessity in this day and age cause they open up the rest of the offense.  Without that the Bulls will never win a championship (the exception to that rule is if we have a guy like MJ).

Ha I remember thinking the same thing watching the Bulls/Clips game in LA about a week and a half ago. Even a guy like Kaman, who averages about 10/10 a game, is a great value player since he's a legit 5 player who gets the dirty work done.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 12:08 AM)
Paul is a damn good player, but I'm taking Bogut #1 overall.  I think the bigger question is that you'd rather have him than say Marvin Williams.

Now that is interesting. You have a guy like Bobby Simmons, who is pretty young at 25 and pretty good playing the wing, but Marvin Williams has much better size, tools, and through the roof potential. On the other side, you have Bogut, who's a lock to be a career good, but never great, center (although like I keep saying, that's hard enough to find). Tough choice.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 10:12 PM)
Now that is interesting.  You have a guy like Bobby Simmons, who is pretty young at 25 and pretty good playing the wing, but Marvin Williams has much better size, tools, and through the roof potential.  On the other side, you have Bogut, who's a lock to be a career good, but never great, center (although like I keep saying, that's hard enough to find).  Tough choice.

I still think I'd give the nod to Bogut, but I actually see Bogut turning into a pretty damn solid defensive player. I actually see him being able to develop into a better defensive Brad Miller (ie not a typical center, but one thats dangerous and I think Bogut will be one of the best passing centers in the NBA for a good span of his career).

And god what I'd give for Kaman. I think if he didn't have Brand he'd be more like a 15 or 16 PPG game guy. He has a sweet hook and can use both hands. Plus he's becoming such a consistent player. The Clips are a team thats on its way. Maggette will be back soon enough too and they damn near got to the Mavs in Dallas last night.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 23, 2006 -> 12:14 AM)
I still think I'd give the nod to Bogut, but I actually see Bogut turning into a pretty damn solid defensive player.  I actually see him being able to develop into a better defensive Brad Miller (ie not a typical center, but one thats dangerous and I think Bogut will be one of the best passing centers in the NBA for a good span of his career). 

And god what I'd give for Kaman.  I think if he didn't have Brand he'd be more like a 15 or 16 PPG game guy.  He has a sweet hook and can use both hands.  Plus he's becoming such a consistent player.  The Clips are a team thats on its way.  Maggette will be back soon enough too and they damn near got to the Mavs in Dallas last night.

Agreed on part 1. As for the Clips....watching them even w/o Corey the talent is just oozing. They don't really seem to have fully figured out playing together yet, but they keep getting better and they have all the tools of a very good team.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
Agreed on part 1.  As for the Clips....watching them even w/o Corey the talent is just oozing.  They don't really seem to have fully figured out playing together yet, but they keep getting better and they have all the tools of a very good team.

One guy thats really found a place is Mobley. God damn I never realized how good he was. He seems to finally be letting the game come to him more instead of forcing shots.

Livingston will have to stay healthy and develop if they want to win the finals though. Cassel will get things started but by the time this team is ready to go the distance, it will be up to Livingston to run the offense.

QUOTE(Spiff @ Feb 22, 2006 -> 10:19 PM)
1) I've been a huge K-man fan for years.  Now he is balding and it's only getting better.

2) The Bucks have TJ Ford, if they had drafted Paul they'd be stuck.  Paul/Ford, Redd, Simmons, Magloire, Gadzuric??

Kaman and Hinrich = two of my most favorite players in the NBA along with King James, Wade, Shaq (simply cause he's hillarious) and Ginobli.