Official NBA Discussion Thread

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 03:52 PM)
I'm not the biggest Mardy Collins fan, he reminds me alot of Jamal Crawford minus the attitude. Yes he's 6'6, and plays PG, but I'm not sure if he can make the transition to the PG on the pro leve, especially staying in front of the quicker PG's. I see him as a 2/3 at the next level, and his shooting touch needs work. The upside is that he's a solid passer and a pretty smart player, just not sure where he's going to play.

Shooting Guard. At 6'6, unless he was Magic Johnson, SG is the position he'll play.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 03:36 AM)
Does he have MVP numbers?  Without question.  But you gotta have the team success to go with it. 

That's true without a doubt. Otherwise, Allen Iverson would have won a few more MVP's in his day..

Also, looking good for the Sixers :)

3 game winning streak (assuming they hold on tonight) coming out of the break after looking horrible leading up to it.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 06:58 PM)
Bulls lose.

Tyson's 10+ board streak comes to an end because he only played about 15 minutes.

Ahahaha, the Sixers shot 51 FT's. :headshake

It had to be more than 51 FT's, they had shot 50 before the Bulls started fouling with like 1:30 left. They had to get close to 60.

Tyson got himself in Foul Trouble early, and that team really missed having him out there. Without him, they're incredibly small. Man they need another big guy.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 09:08 PM)
It had to be more than 51 FT's, they had shot 50 before the Bulls started fouling with like 1:30 left.  They had to get close to 60.

Yeah, I said 51 before we started fouling intentionally.

Tyson finished with 8 boards in 17 minutes of play.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 07:10 PM)
Yeah, I said 51 before we started fouling intentionally.

Tyson finished with 8 boards in 17 minutes of play.

I bet if Tyson hadn't been in foul trouble we win that game. Damnit. I figured we'd lose to Detroit, but I really wanted that game.

Well, at least the knicks lost.

And somehow Charlotte's up on Phoenix at the half. Come on Bobcats!

Hinrich has a mental block when it comes to making clutch shots late in games. I think there was a 3 minute span where neither team scored and the score was 90-89, and Hinrich took at least 4 shots to take the lead and he couldnt hit any of them. Then the bulls got really out of sync and Philly took off. The Bulls made it close again, but they could have won this game.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 25, 2006 -> 10:20 AM)
Take Kobe away and there is no doubt in my mind they have the worse record in the league.  Kobe's having a huge season and he's the only reason the Lakers are where they are.

I hear that all the time. And I get it. But taking a 20 win team (I think the Lakers would win atleast 20 games without him) and making them a 40 win team, give or take a couple wins, doesn't make you the MVP. Or even a legitimate MVP canidate. Look no further then 1987. Michael Jordan averaged 37.1 ppg. He became the first perimiter player in history to record over 200 steals and 100 blocks in the same season. He didn't sniff the MVP. The Bulls only won 40 games.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

Anybody hear about Lebron getting booed Friday night? Oh yeah, THE GAME WAS IN CLEVELAND. Lebron had a horrible game. They actually had the audacity to boo him after he missed a pair of ft's. Do these idiots realize he's up for free agency soon? :lol: Lebron is the best thing to happen to that franchise since well, ever. Come to Chicago, Mr. James. Will treat you right.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Feb 26, 2006 -> 02:24 AM)
I hear that all the time.  And I get it.  But taking a 20 win team (I think the Lakers would win atleast 20 games without him) and making them a 40 win team,  give or take a couple wins,  doesn't make you the MVP.  Or even a legitimate MVP canidate.  Look no further then 1987.  Michael Jordan averaged 37.1 ppg.  He became the first perimiter player in history to record over 200 steals and 100 blocks in the same season.  He didn't sniff the MVP.  The Bulls only won 40 games.

Good point, but the level of talent doesn't seem the same either...I don't see nash winning it in the 80's-90's...

QUOTE(Zualian Bleep @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 05:23 AM)
I really Tyson, Gordon and Deng.  For different reasons. 

If only Garnett magically fell in our hands... Mercy!

Hammahead, long time no see.

With Garnett we would obviously lose one of them and more likely than not its Deng. If somehow with idonno Tim Thomas both 1st rounders, kirk hinrich, and fillin would get Garnett though id be all over it.

Spiff, Ryan Gomes has been playing very well lately at PF for you guys. I know Ainge gets a lot of stick and rightfully so, but he's hit on some draft picks in the last couple of years in Delonte West and Gomes.

It's too bad Marcus Banks is coming out in Minnesota now though.

And suprise, suprise (you Bulls fans would be loving this more by the day);

Brown also may be alluding to something deeper. There is a divide in the locker room. In fact, a confidant of Brown's believes that he has lost the team, specifically Marbury, Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford, Nate Robinson and Jerome James.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 07:03 AM)
Spiff, Ryan Gomes has been playing very well lately at PF for you guys. I know Ainge gets a lot of stick and rightfully so, but he's hit on some draft picks in the last couple of years in Delonte West and Gomes.

It's too bad Marcus Banks is coming out in Minnesota now though.

He's been really good the last few games, after Al and Kendrick went down. 5, 7, and 5 o-rebs the last three games in his 3 double-doubles. I was never a huge fan of him in college because while he put up good numbers he never led his team anywhere. They always got bounced early in the Big East and NCAA tourneys. But he's got a good basketball IQ and he's a good role player.

QUOTE(Spiff @ Feb 27, 2006 -> 06:46 AM)
He's been really good the last few games, after Al and Kendrick went down. 5, 7, and 5 o-rebs the last three games in his 3 double-doubles.  I was never a huge fan of him in college because while he put up good numbers he never led his team anywhere.  They always got bounced early in the Big East and NCAA tourneys.  But he's got a good basketball IQ and he's a good role player.

And you guys beat the Lakers. Pierce had a monster game with Kobe fouling him with 3 seconds left. I loved it.