Official NBA Discussion Thread

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 18, 2006 -> 05:34 AM)
For this team to move forward though, we need a real good shooter at the wing spot. I'd love to get Adam Morrison. I know a lot of people here don't like him, but we play a slow half court offense, and Brian Hill's offense allows for guys like Stevenson and Hedo to shoot a lot of outside jumpers. They're just not that good at it. Getting a guy like Morrison, who's got serious skills shooting the J, would take our offense to another level, especially since Dwight's getting double teamed down low, and he can dish off to the open man on the outside.

There are teams that a guy like Morrison could be really good for, if he gets the right coach and players around him. I don't think he'd be a good fit on the Bulls though, since we already have too damn many guys that can do everything he can do. The Magic, on the other hand, have the guys the Bulls don't - they have an inside presence, but are limited on the perimeter.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dwight Howard came off the bench tonight. What the hell is Brian Hill thinking? Looks like it might have fired up Dwight though, he has 10 points in 4 mins.

And Steve Francis already has 3 TO's in his Orlando reunion. :D

Felton continuing his chase of Chris Paul. Felton had 30 points, 10 assists, 7 rebounds, and 5 steals in a close OT loss to the Cav's, following Felton's 16 points, 13 assists, 7 rebound effort last night. He's something special. Just imagine what he could do if the Bobcats weren't a Mash unit.

Idonno the Bobcats dont seem to be too far from becoming a good team. Gerald Wallace has really matured as a player this year and has looked great. A little health problems but for the most part very good.

So they are going to get a top 3 draft pick and add that into the mix of Felton, Wallace, and Okafur..... if the player they draft can have an immediate impact they might be pretty good.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Mar 22, 2006 -> 11:40 PM)
They have a very good base with Felton, Okafor, Brezec, Wallace, May, and the mentioned top 3 pick. They really need a sharpshooting, athletic SG to run with Felton, Wallace, Okafor, and Brezec in the starting lineup.

Agreed, they really need a big athletic 2 guard and wing player, as well as another legit big body inside, as their only true center is Brezec and he's their only player who's legitimately taller than 6'9. Brandon Roy, Rodney Carney, LaMarcus Aldridge, Rudy Gay....any of those 4 names would really help a team that already has quite a bit of talent.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 05:33 PM)
The Toronto Raptors released Antonio Davis.

I wonder if the Bulls will be interested.  He has back problems though.

They won't be interested at this point. By the way, Amare Stoudemire played in his first game of the season tonight. He had 20 points, 9 rebounds and 2 blocks in just 19 minutes.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 03:32 PM)
They won't be interested at this point.  By the way,  Amare Stoudemire played in his first game of the season tonight.  He had 20 points,  9 rebounds and 2 blocks in just 19 minutes.

Yeah my money's back on Phoenix for the title, after seeing Amare get back. Of course they'll need Kurt Thomas healthy for the playoffs as well.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 10:46 PM)
Yeah my money's back on Phoenix for the title, after seeing Amare get back. Of course they'll need Kurt Thomas healthy for the playoffs as well.

With Duncan clearly not at 100%, and I doubt he gets there this season, I might agree with you. The Suns, who went about 6 deep last year, now go about 10 deep this year. They've got a lot more size down low than they had last year.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 23, 2006 -> 11:32 PM)
By the way,  Amare Stoudemire played in his first game of the season tonight.  He had 20 points,  9 rebounds and 2 blocks in just 19 minutes.

That is just ridiculous productivity. The Bulls typically struggle to get that much from 2 guys in 40 minutes. :P

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 12:43 PM)
I don't think you'll see that type of athleticism from Amare anymore. He had the same surgery that Penny and McDyess had.

I hope your wrong, but I think your right. That would suck ass, his athletic ability pre injury was at a level above anybody else in the NBA.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 24, 2006 -> 01:43 PM)
I don't think you'll see that type of athleticism from Amare anymore. He had the same surgery that Penny and McDyess had.

I'm pretty sure that Chris Webber and Jason Kidd also had the same injury. The difference is that 3 of these 4 also had several other injury problems that may have contributed to thier loss of athleticism. Granted Amare probably won't recover 100%, but he could conceivably get to over 80% recovery, which still puts him among the elite.

The more I see of Darko Milicic, the more I'm impresed. I wonder if the Bulls should have made more of an effort to trade for him (give up their 2nd 1st rounder in this year's draft), although I don't know if Dumars would have traded with a division rival, especially if he wasn't getting cap space in return.

Trevor Ariza had a good game as well. If he could develop a jump shot, he could be an good defensive starting SF in the mold of Shane Battier.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 25, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)
Michael Sweetney has been double teamed tonight more than once by the Hornets.  The Hornets deserve to lose this game and miss the playoffs due to that single fact alone.

The Hornets may have the worst team in the NBA in the 2nd half besides the Knicks. They've really slumped big time, and the honeymoon may be over for the West / Paul combo as other teams figure them out.

Bulls win a huuuuuuuuuge win today. 33-19 in the 4th to come back and win 101-97 at Boston. Philly lost too, so only 1.5 outta the 8th spot with 12 games to go. Not bad. I don't care if Detroit will kill us, I want to see the Bulls in the playoffs. Not like finishing 9th will make much a difference for the pick anyways.