Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this the other day;

After saying it's a top priority to return to the Blazers next season, Joel Przybilla appears to be leaning on testing the free agent market this offseason instead.

The Blazers captain is growing increasingly frustrated with the way his teammates have basically given up recently. He now says he will look elsewhere this summer unless changes are made. "When the season is over, it's going to be a big decision for me, and a lot is going to be determined by what team they bring back," Przybilla said. "Because I'm telling you, this is tough, it's real tough." Mar. 30 - 11:11 am et

Now if you're the Bulls, if you could get Pryzibilla, would you then go for someone like Rudy Gay at the top of the draft instead of Aldridge?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 07:21 AM)
Saw this the other day;

Now if you're the Bulls, if you could get Pryzibilla, would you then go for someone like Rudy Gay at the top of the draft instead of Aldridge?

The Bulls are actually in good shape on the wing with Nocioni (he's a 3 on a real roster) and Deng. The Bulls REALLY need a big man and a 2 guard. I'm not sure Gay can play the 2.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 31, 2006 -> 07:21 AM)
Saw this the other day;

No way. We're solid at the 3. Like Whitesox said, we need a big and a big sg. My ideal draft would be Aldridge and Brewer.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 1, 2006 -> 01:36 AM)
The Bulls are actually in good shape on the wing with Nocioni (he's a 3 on a real roster) and Deng.  The Bulls REALLY need a big man and a 2 guard.  I'm not sure Gay can play the 2.

Yeah that would be the issue if Gay could play the 2 guard spot. At this stage not many people think he can, but he's got good athleticism, but it would ultimately depend on what Paxson and Skiles think of him.

I still think if you can get Pryzbilla, that would be an excellent fit you at center though. He may be slow, but the dude is big, can block around 3 shots a game, and provide you with about 12 points a game when he's motivated.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Apr 1, 2006 -> 12:58 AM)
I'm not expert on the Bulls, but I would think a draft of Rodney Carney and then Patrick O'Bryant would be very solid.

The pick numbers are unlikely to work out for the Bulls to get either. I think the Bulls will end up with Tyrus Thomas or Aldridge with the Knicks pick, and all signs point to the Bulls taking Brewer with their own pick.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Apr 1, 2006 -> 05:58 PM)
I'm not expert on the Bulls, but I would think a draft of Rodney Carney and then Patrick O'Bryant would be very solid.

Palehose can you tell me a bit about O'Bryant. I've seen him been compared to Brad Daughtery on nbadraft.net. Probably makes sense for a team like the Raptors who desperately need a good big.

The Magic won their 7th in a row at home against the Mavs today. And it'll just be real annoying if we miss out on the playoffs, because the way we're playing right now, I reckon we could cause some higher ranked teams a lot of trouble. Getting rid of Steve Franics has actually created BALL MOVEMENT for this offense (even Scott Skiles said it himself), and coupled with the improvement we've had in defense, we're actually winning games.

Just upgrade from DeShawn Stevenson at SG with say Brandon Roy, and this team can go places next season. And the East will be real interesting to watch next season. Chicago will be much improved from the additions they're gonna get. You think Toronto if they can re-sign James and get a good big should continue to do so as well.

Yeah teams like Toronto and Charlotte even though sucking arent too far away. The Raptors will have 3 really good players starting in Bosh, Villanueva, and James... add that in with a high draft pick prob immediate impact player and they can make some noise.

Than all Charlotte needs is Okafur to stay healthy and a SG in the draft.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 1, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
Yeah teams like Toronto and Charlotte even though sucking arent too far away.  The Raptors will have 3 really good players starting in Bosh, Villanueva, and James... add that in with a high draft pick prob immediate impact player and they can make some noise.

Than all Charlotte needs is Okafur to stay healthy and a SG in the draft.

I really like the look of Charlotte for next season as well. They'll get Okafor back like you said, but they'll also get Sean May as well. With May, Okafor, Brezec and Ely, that's 4 very capable bigs right there.

Gerald Wallace has turned into a roto stud this season, so they're set at SF. Felton and Knight are 2 real good PG's, so they're set there. They just need that upgrade at SG like you've said. And it might be worth trading say their 1st pick for J.R Smith and the Hornets 2 1st rounders at 14 and 15, because it's going to be hard to pick a SG if they get a pick in the top 3.

Toronto will be interesting to watch this off-season with Bryan Colangelo in charge. Mike James has turned into a real good PG for them. But Colangelo likes his PG's to be distributors, and James ain't exactly a pass first point guard, plus he's probably headed to the Knicks for the MLE this off-season if Larry Brown sticks around. But I like what they're building in Raptor Land, if they can keep Bosh around for the long - term.

I probably should mention the Hawks as well. They really need a pass first point guard, so they can move Johnson to SG. But if Al Harrington leaves this off-season, do you go after a big in the draft like Aldridge to replace him, and try and fill your PG need in the off-season? Zaza Pachulia's turned into a fairly capable center for them (thank you John Weisbrod for leaving him unprotected in the expansion draft) as well.

Palehose can you tell me a bit about O'Bryant. I've seen him been compared to Brad Daughtery on nbadraft.net. Probably makes sense for a team like the Raptors who desperately need a good big.

DBAHO, O'Bryant is full of potential. He's 7' 250, and is only 19 years old. He's very mobile for a 7 footer and has good athleticism. He has a 7'5 wingspan, and is a good shot blocker. He dominated Aaron Gray when they played Pitt, posting 28 and 7 rebounds compared to Gray's 12 points and 4 rebounds. This was a shock for alot of scouts because they figured Patrick would have trouble with a physical big like Gray.

His negatives, he's still pretty raw on the offensive end, and could use more work in the weight room, but he has plenty of time to develop a mature body at only 19 years old.

As for Charlotte and Atlanta, I'm still waiting for the trade I wanted to happen before the season started. Atlanta trading Josh Childress to Charlotte for Brevin Knight. Would have helped both teams a while ago.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 1, 2006 -> 02:29 AM)
I think the Bulls will end up with Tyrus Thomas or Aldridge with the Knicks pick, and all signs point to the Bulls taking Brewer with their own pick.

I would piss myself out of happiness if that happend.

So there have been some rumors that Lamarcus Aldridge, the guy I hope the Bulls will wind up with if we don't get Garnett, may consider staying at Texas for his Junior season, especially since they were eliminated from the tourney.

This, therefore, I consider to be good news.

Texas sophomore center LaMarcus Aldridge has spoken with coach Rick Barnes about entering the NBA Draft, and as a result of their conversation, Aldridge is making inquiries about agents.

Aldridge has not formally entered his name into the NBA Draft pool, and even if he does, he could return to school if he maintains his eligibility. However, signing with an agent would be an irreversible move into professional basketball.

Another day, another Magic Home Win. And it's a shame we'll miss out on the playoffs because I think we're a better team than Chicago, Milwaulkee and possibly Indiana right now.

Big time win for the Bulls today though. But really the gameplan against the 76ers is simple. Stop Iverson and Webber and you win. They just don't have a 3rd scoring option at all right now.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 01:18 AM)
you can argue against the Bulls and Indiana.... even though I think both are better teams.  But Milwaukee is clearly better than the magic.

I don't know about that. They've really struggled in the 2nd half, and we were beating them by as much as 20 in the 3rd quarter last night.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 01:19 AM)
I don't know about that. They've really struggled in the 2nd half, and we were beating them by as much as 20 in the 3rd quarter last night.

Well yeah they have struggled some in the 2nd half... but you cant use that 1 game vs the Magic against them lol :bang . Maybe if Grant Hill comes back next season and you get a good player in the draft you can overpass them.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 7, 2006 -> 02:11 PM)
Well yeah they have struggled some in the 2nd half... but you cant use that 1 game vs the Magic against them lol  :bang .  Maybe if Grant Hill comes back next season and you get a good player in the draft you can overpass them.

No doubt talent wise, the Bucks are probably a better team than us. But Terry Stotts just isn't a very good coach in my opinion, which is why they've really gone downhill in the 2nd half.

Guys like Bogut and Magliore should be dominating down low, and lately all they've been getting is 6 points / 6 boards per game from them.

It's just 2 teams going in different directions right now.

Also, we've got 2 home games coming up against Detroit and San Antonio. If we lose any one of those 2, our miniscule playoff hopes are down the drain.

Ok recapping today's events for the 8th spot in the East;

Orlando beat Detroit by 2.

The Pacers lost to the Knicks by 2.

Boston beat the 76ers by 10.

Standings

Indiana 36-39 (7)

Chicago 35-40 (8)

Philly 34-41 (9)

Boston 32-44 (10)

Orlando 31-44 (11)

The Pacers should still make the playoffs. They have upcoming games against the Knicks at home, Toronto, Minny and Charlotte.

The Bulls play Philly, the Nets, the Hawks, the Wizards, the Heat, the Magic and the Raptors. You should beat Philly and the Raptors at home, and probably the Hawks although it is in Atlanta and they have beaten some good teams at home there this season. Even if you just win those 2 games, you'll have 37 wins.

Philly has no hope. They can't beat anyone right now. But we need them to beat you at the United Center in your next game. Can't see it happening though.

Boston play the Nets twice, the Heat and the Cavs. Can't see them making it.

We'll need to win our last 7 games, to finish up with 38 wins. Those games are at Miami, home vs. Atlanta, home vs. the Raps, the Spurs away, the 76ers at home, the Bulls at home and the Pacers away. Obviously, the Heat and Spurs are the tough ones there. Even if we lose one of those, and finish up on 37 games, we may still have a very small chance. Can't see it happening though. We need the Bulls to start losing to have any hope, and you've won 4 straight.