Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 05:50 PM)
Just think in a few years, it's actually possible they may not have a team in the North-West at all, if the Blazers moved as well.

Which, given how devoted those fans were to that team only a few years ago, is pretty damn sad.

Hell, both of those teams managed to make it all the way to 2nd during the Bulls era.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 10:52 AM)
Which, given how devoted those fans were to that team only a few years ago, is pretty damn sad.

Hell, both of those teams managed to make it all the way to 2nd during the Bulls era.

The Blazers downfall is especially sad, considering where they were in the mid 90's when they had the likes of Clyde Drexler, Jerome Kersey etc.

Then Trader Bob came in, and the word "character" went out the door. Then finally they got rid of him and brought in John Nash. What does he do? Re-signs Zach "I only care about myself and my offensive output" Randolph and added questionable guys like Darius Miles.

That team is a real mess right now, and hopefully Nate McMillan can right the ship.

Well there you go, we've beaten the Spurs on their court after playing last night 92-80.

That's 7 in a row now, and we're 2 1/2 back of Chicago and Philly. We need to win our last 3 games (should be very achieveable with games against the 76ers, Bulls and Pacers), and to have Philly and Chicago only win 1 of their last 4.

Doubt the latter will happen, but there's still a smidgen of hope.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 01:12 PM)
Man Orlando is on fire.  They could make somebody awfully nervous if they get in, but it appears the presence of Stevie Franchise earlier this year and it's affect were just a bit too much to overcome.

I would just love to get in to see what we could do against Detroit. I don't think anyone would argue they would do a better job against them then teams like Chicago and Philly who would probably be hardpressed to win a game against them.

But I think we're a definite playoff team next season. We've got quality depth on the bench in Arroyo, Dooling, Ariza and Milicic, Grant Hill could be back, and we've got one of the better 3 headed monsters in the league right now in Howard, Hedo, and Nelson.

But isn't it ironic how good this team has played since the exit of one Steve Francis. Good luck getting your next contract. :lol:

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 03:42 AM)
I would just love to get in to see what we could do against Detroit. I don't think anyone would argue they would do a better job against them then teams like Chicago and Philly who would probably be hardpressed to win a game against them.

But I think we're a definite playoff team next season. We've got quality depth on the bench in Arroyo, Dooling, Ariza and Milicic, Grant Hill could be back, and we've got one of the better 3 headed monsters in the league right now in Howard, Hedo, and Nelson.

But isn't it ironic how good this team has played since the exit of one Steve Francis. Good luck getting your next contract.  :lol:

Man you love that Orlando Kool Aid.... ill be laughing at you for 4 games :P

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 10:42 PM)

But isn't it ironic how good this team has played since the exit of one Steve Francis. Good luck getting your next contract.  :lol:

You still need a legit shooting guard (Even if Nelson can score like this consistently, he's too small to guard the 2) and Grant Hill makes Kerry Wood look like Cal Ripken Jr., but yes Orlando should be good next year.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
Man you love that Orlando Kool Aid.... ill be laughing at you for 4 games  :P

You said Orlando would not win their last 6 games. We're halfway there so far. This is a team on the rise, and I think we're better than a lot of the bottom 5-8 teams in the East playoffs right now.

You still need a legit shooting guard (Even if Nelson can score like this consistently, he's too small to guard the 2) and Grant Hill makes Kerry Wood look like Cal Ripken Jr., but yes Orlando should be good next year.

We've got DeShawn Stevenson at the 2 at the minute. He's fairly good defensively, which has kept him in the starting lineup, and he's played on a bum knee all year so he's got pretty good toughness. But if the Magic get the chance to draft a Roy or a Brewer, they should jump at it.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 11:42 PM)
You said Orlando would not win their last 6 games. We're halfway there so far. This is a team on the rise, and I think we're better than a lot of the bottom 5-8 teams in the East playoffs right now.

We've got DeShawn Stevenson at the 2 at the minute. He's fairly good defensively, which has kept him in the starting lineup, and he's played on a bum knee all year so he's got pretty good toughness. But if the Magic get the chance to draft a Roy or a Brewer, they should jump at it.

DeShawn Stevenson is nothing more than a bench player for a good team. However getting Roy or Brewer could solve that problem at the 2 that is currently existing, those 2 are ballers. And Grant Hill really needs to retire.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 02:43 PM)
DeShawn Stevenson is nothing more than a bench player for a good team.  However getting Roy or Brewer could solve that problem at the 2 that is currently existing, those 2 are ballers.  And Grant Hill really needs to retire.

I can live with Hill for one more year off the bench. Then it's capspace time. :D

Who knows if he's going to play next season or not. Hedo Turkloglu deserves to be the starting SF from here on in now though.

Stevenson doesn't have much of an offensive game. He's got an average jump shot at bench, doesn't shoot 3's, and misses layup after layup. But he's worked hard at his game, and coach Hill seems to like him. Would I like to seem him starting next season? No, but I don't think it will hold us back as much as people think. Getting him for Gordon Giricek ended up being a fairly good trade though.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 04:42 AM)

Im pretty sure I said something around the lines of how its funny you predict the best case scenario for the magic and worse case fo bulls/sixers.... :) .

Anyways you better enjoy watching us for 4 games like I said :P

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 02:52 PM)
Im pretty sure I said something around the lines of how its funny you predict the best case scenario for the magic and worse case fo bulls/sixers....  :) .

Anyways you better enjoy watching us for 4 games like I said  :P

Well the Bulls and the Sixers still have to win 2 games out of 4 to definitely knock us out. If you looked at the teams they were playing and the form they were in, what I suggested was definitely possible.

Who would have predicted the Bulls and Sixers beating New Jersey after the form that the Nets have been in for the past month or so?

And those 4 games, well have fun watching us have a dynasty for the next 10 years. :P

On another note, the Mavs are wasting an oppurtunity to catch the Spurs at the moment. Down by 10 to Phoenix in the 4th at the moment. Thomas moves back into the starting lineup for the Suns and they're instantly a better team with James Jones on the bench. If they get Kurt Thomas back, they could still cause quite a few problems for some teams, but Nash has to get 100% healthy, if they're going to have a chance.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 14, 2006 -> 09:50 PM)
The Bulls pulled out yet another close win.

Unless the Raps can beat em on the last day of the season, we're done.

Well, that is also assuming the Bulls just roll over and die at Miami (who has nothing to play for now) and Orlando, as well as that Orlando just breezes to easy home wins against the Bulls and 76ers and then go win at Indiana. And if the unlikely happens and that all somehow happens, the Bulls still get an easy win over a s*** team at home to end the year.

You guys are going to be very good next year though, especially if you get Roy or Brewer.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Apr 15, 2006 -> 03:10 PM)
Yeah, very questionable charge called at the end but Ben Gordan was on fire from beyond the arc.

He hit 9 from 9 from downtown didn't he. Wowee.

The Bulls certainly have some gunners from 3 point land. And they need them too with the lack of a low post game that they've got.

We beat Philly in a close one tonight. Check out Dwight Howard's stat line;

28 points, 26 boards. :o

And the three headed monster of Dwight, Hedo and Jameer continues to shine. All scored over 20 tonight.