Official NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, it's time for me to start hoping we pick up Brandon Roy or Ronnie Brewer in the draft.

It will be interesting to see if we get Brewer, who you guys will go for with your 2nd pick, assuming you take Aldridge, because there isn't many good swingmen in this draft, after the top 5 or so.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 10:21 PM)
Yep, it's time for me to start hoping we pick up Brandon Roy or Ronnie Brewer in the draft.

It will be interesting to see if we get Brewer, who you guys will go for with your 2nd pick, assuming you take Aldridge, because there isn't many good swingmen in this draft, after the top 5 or so.

I've been hearing rumors that Brewer might stay now. We'll see, I'd still bet that he comes out but it doesn't seem 100 percent certain anymore.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 17, 2006 -> 02:51 PM)
I've been hearing rumors that Brewer might stay now.  We'll see, I'd still bet that he comes out but it doesn't seem 100 percent certain anymore.

There's a few guys in that mold. I mean in a weak draft, he's got a chance to go top 10, he should probably come out now.

Next year's draft is a LOT stronger IIRC.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 16, 2006 -> 10:53 PM)
There's a few guys in that mold. I mean in a weak draft, he's got a chance to go top 10, he should probably come out now.

Next year's draft is a LOT stronger IIRC.

It could be, it has a chance to be insanely talented but that's assuming guys like Oden, Wright, Young, Durant, Noah, etc come out. All those guys I listed minus Noah are all going to be freshman this upcoming season so who knows if they'll come out or stay in school.

Real nice win for the Bulls, Orlando had won about a dozen in a row at home and hadn't lost since late February down there. To sweep the Florida back to back is great, gotta come home and beat Toronto and see what happens. For this team to finish 41-41 would be something considering all the stupid losses they have.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 12:54 AM)
I just realized how wierd Dwyane Wade's name is spelled.

Now that you mention it...I just realized it too. I've been thinking all along that it was Dwayne.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 01:41 PM)
Real nice win for the Bulls, Orlando had won about a dozen in a row at home and hadn't lost since late February down there.  To sweep the Florida back to back is great, gotta come home and beat Toronto and see what happens.  For this team to finish 41-41 would be something considering all the stupid losses they have.

Yeah props to you guys coming back from a double digit deficit at half-time on our home court. Our big 3 had 15 TO's combined (even though Hedo and Dwight still played extremely well), and we shot only 43% (we've been shooting over .50% since the ASB).

So today, Rudy Gay, Adam Morrison and Tyrus Thomas declared for the draft. Morrison should probably end up in Portland if they end up with a high pick. Big character guy, and they need to appease the locals, plus they have a hole at SF (if they can move Darius Miles). Gay makes sense for a team like Charlotte possibly, while Thomas is still prob the fav to go #1. Atlanta could use him at PF, with Zaza manning the middle.

And could we have another Yao on the way? From nbadraft.net;

Our friends at HoopChina.com have informed us that there is breaking news out of China. Forward Yi Jianlian, considered the top prospect out of Asia since Yao Ming has been given consent by his team, the Guangdong Tigers, and the Chinese Basketball Association to explore this year's NBA draft.

Yi is easily the most athletic prospect to emerge out of China. Unlike most Chinese players, he has an American style of play with high flying dunks and use of supreme athleticism. Yi's team is currently playing in the CBA finals. On the year, Yi's averages are: 20.5 PPG, 57.41 FG %, 75.08 FT%, 9.6 RPG, 1.3 BPG, 1.2 APG, 2.0 SPG.

His biggest adjustment will be getting used to the physicality of the NBA. He has added strength in the past few years, but will need to get much stronger. He has excellent toughness, (considered tougher than Yao Ming) but besides the Olympics (he started for the Chinese team at just 17 years of age), he lacks experience against NBA level athletes.

Yi is likely to explore his options and enter the 2006 draft. He's considered a likely first round pick, with a chance to be a lottery selection if he blows teams away in workouts.

I read an article tonight saying that DeShawn Stevenson may opt out of the final year of his 3 year deal (3Y/8.5M) and become a FA this off-season. The Magic Brass don't really want to give him up, but they want an upgrade at SG.

My suggestion, let him walk, and draft Roy or Brewer at 11.

We're also making noise about re-signing Ariza (restricted FA) and Darko. I'd probably lock up Darko now to a cheaper long - term contract, except of waiting another season, where if he performs well then he's gonna demand more. But the max he can get is 6 years $83.5M.

And there's a couple of rumors saying that Isiah Thomas wants Scott Skiles now to be his next head coach. And I'm sure Scott is gonna run over there in joy and sign straight away. :lol: