Official NBA Discussion Thread

Magic win that game last night IMO if they were playing for something, so I'm very glad they were eliminated before the game ever started. If they were smart, they'd lock up Ariza and Darko....as for Stevenson, depends on what the money is. He's a nice reserve and has legit 2 guard size, so keeping him would be a plus as well.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 11:06 AM)
Magic win that game last night IMO if they were playing for something, so I'm very glad they were eliminated before the game ever started.  If they were smart, they'd lock up Ariza and Darko....as for Stevenson, depends on what the money is.  He's a nice reserve and has legit 2 guard size, so keeping him would be a plus as well.

Judging by the double digit lead in the 1st half, they seemed to be playing hard last night. I don't buy the theory that a team doesn't try as hard unless they are playing for something. Especially a young and up and coming team like Orlando.

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 12:09 PM)
Judging by the double digit lead in the 1st half, they seemed to be playing hard last night. I don't buy the theory that a team doesn't try as hard unless they are playing for something. Especially a young and up and coming team like Orlando.

Oh they played as hard as they could I'm sure, but subconsiously in a place the Magic couldn't control, I'm sure (ESPECIALLY in overtime) the fire wasn't just quite there as much since a win would do very little for them.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 08:00 AM)
And there's a couple of rumors saying that Isiah Thomas wants Scott Skiles now to be his next head coach. And I'm sure Scott is gonna run over there in joy and sign straight away.  :lol:

Where did you see that at? I want to post that at the Bulls site.

And there's a couple of rumors saying that Isiah Thomas wants Scott Skiles now to be his next head coach. And I'm sure Scott is gonna run over there in joy and sign straight away.  :lol:

Not even a great defensive Coach like Skiles could teach those f***ers how to play defense and play like a team.

LOL, Isiah and his well laid plans....

I need a little help here.... I could of swore this happen but my friend whose a Maverick fans swears it didnt.

Didnt early in the season, after the Cowboys blew a game to the Redskins, Darrel Armstrong get on the loudspeaker or something and say "How bout those Redskins" or something like that. If anyone else remembers please speak up and if you could find a link I can show him of it too.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
I need a little help here.... I could of swore this happen but my friend whose a Maverick fans swears it didnt.

Didnt early in the season, after the Cowboys blew a game to the Redskins,  Darrel Armstrong get on the loudspeaker or something and say "How bout those Redskins" or something like that.  If anyone else remembers please speak up and if you could find a link I can show him of it too.

http://galleyslaves.blogspot.com/2005/12/d...-super-fan.html

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 01:50 AM)
Washington beat Milwaukee tonight.  I'm not sure what that means for the Bulls, but I think Washington might lock up the #5 seed with that win, which IMO is good news since I want no part of Bulls vs. LeBron in the 1st round.

I could of swore that Washington with a loss we would pass up.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
More importantly in my mind is that because Milwaukee lost, if we win against Toronto then we miss Detroit.

We woulda avoided Detroit with a win tomorrow regardless of what happened tonight. Unless of course, ESPN, The Score, Yahoo, and the AP are wrong. But hey, that is possible knowing how they are. :lol:

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 09:52 PM)
We woulda avoided Detroit with a win tomorrow regardless of what happened tonight.  Unless of course, ESPN, The Score, Yahoo, and the AP are wrong.  But hey, that is possible knowing how they are.  :lol:

Ha, actually we would have been the 8 had we won and all the others won, at least I'm pretty sure.

The playoff picture cleared up a lot more out West tonight. Sacramento won, which means the Lakers must win tomorrow night. A Laker win gives them the #7 and Sac Town the #8, and if they lose the Lakers fall to the #8 and Sac Town gets the #7. And Memphis "won" against the Clippers, which is great for the Clippers. Due to the ridiculous setup, the Grizzlies win gives them the #5 seed. But getting the #5 seed means Memphis must face the #3 team in the league in terms of record (but only #4 seed in the west) Dallas w/o home court, while the #6 seed Clippers will have home court advantage due to overall record against #3 seed Denver, a vastly inferior team to Dallas.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 11:06 PM)
Ha, actually we would have been the 8 had we won and all the others won, at least I'm pretty sure.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...bulls-headlines

By Marlen Garcia

Tribune staff reporter

April 17, 2006, 11:30 PM CDT

The significance of this victory wasn't lost on Kirk Hinrich, though. Their 40th victory keeps the Bulls alive for a fifth, sixth or seventh spot in the playoffs.

A victory in their season finale Wednesday at the United Center against the lowly Raptors would enable them to dodge the eighth seed and avoid playing the Pistons.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-bull18.html

April 18, 2006

BY BRIAN HANLEY Staff Reporter 

A victory Wednesday at home against the Toronto Raptors in the regular-season finale would guarantee the Bulls no worse than the seventh seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs. They could move up as high as fifth.

:)

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 12:33 AM)
And that proves...?

Umm I'm assuming it proves the Bulls would have avoided Detroit regardless of what happened tonight with a win over Toronto since those are from the game wraps after the Orlando game. Unless of course the locals here know more than both of the cities Bulls beat writers.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 18, 2006 -> 11:35 PM)
Umm I'm assuming it proves the Bulls would have avoided Detroit regardless of what happened tonight with a win over Toronto since those are from the game wraps after the Orlando game.  Unless of course the locals here know more than both of the cities Bulls beat writers.

Those articles seem to have been published after the Milwaukee game was already over tonight so I assume that they already had those results in when writing their articles. I'm almost positive that if everyone won out(meaning Milwaukee won tonight) we would have been the 8.

EDIT: I'm officially out of it. I was thinking today was monday, my god. :bang

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 19, 2006 -> 12:44 AM)
So if we win tomorrow, are we still the 7th seed or do we move up to 6th? Cause we were 2-2 against Indiana in the season. I'd rather play NJ than Mia.

If the Bulls win tomorrow, they are clear of Milwaukee, who finished 40-42, and the Bulls finish 41-41. An Indiana loss tomorrow would also clear the Bulls of Indy (assuming the Bulls win) as Indy would finish 40-42. A Washington win tomorrow sends them to 42-40, and locks them in at 5th. Now, I'm almost positive that the Bulls would lose the tiebreaker to Indiana, but would win a tiebreaker over Washington. So these would be the senarios:

Bulls lose tomorrow=Bulls 8th, the end

Bulls win, Indiana wins, Washington wins=Bulls 7th

Bulls win, Indiana wins, Washington loses=Bulls 6th

Bulls win, Indiana loses, Washington wins=Bulls 6th

Bulls win, Indiana loses, Washington loses=Bulls 5th

So basically, Bulls lose and they are 8th, win and Ind/Was win, they are 7th, win and Ind or Was lose and they are 6th, win/Ind AND Was lose, they are 5th.

Is this accurate? Lord only knows, but I'm PRETTY sure it is.... :lol: I HOPE the Bulls get the #6, I like their chances against New Jersey a lot more than I do against Detroit, Shaq/DWade, or LeBron.

Edited by whitesoxfan101