Official NBA Discussion Thread

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 03:31 AM)
Now cmon no way in hell would Duhon start over Francis... im not a huge Francis fan but no way he sits over Duhon.

Why not? When comparing the two, I don't think it's even a debate between who's the better pg.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 7, 2006 -> 09:44 AM)
Why not?  When comparing the two, I don't think it's even a debate between who's the better pg.

Maybe Duhon is a better pg but there isnt much debate between who is the better player..... Francis has his flaws but he really is out of Duhon's league.

So the Bulls had a bit of a blowout win against Memphis today I see. No-one's really gettin too excited though around here about that now are they. :lol:

And it's amazing what happens when Steve Francis isn't your PG and Jameer Nelson is. :)

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 04:38 AM)
Yeah the bulls looked really impressive vs Memphis.... they looked awesome really....I like the starting lineup with Othella in it.... Idonno about Sweetney he looks lost a lot but if we can play Othella at C like we are now and let Chandler slide into PF that might work.

Am I the only one who really likes othella? Anyways, hopefully they're starting to get some s*** turned around, I'll be back at the UC on Monday so I expect a good showing against the red hot Raptors(that felt weird to say).

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 09:45 PM)
Am I the only one who really likes othella?  Anyways, hopefully they're starting to get some s*** turned around, I'll be back at the UC on Monday so I expect a good showing against the red hot Raptors(that felt weird to say).

You think Jeff Van Gundy and Carroll Dawson are regretting that Mike James for Rafer Alston trade right now? James has been on fire the last couple of weeks. If the Raptors actually got a center who's not a stiff in their lineup, they'd actually be in pretty good shape, assuming they could keep Chris Bosh around.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 02:45 AM)
Am I the only one who really likes othella?  Anyways, hopefully they're starting to get some s*** turned around, I'll be back at the UC on Monday so I expect a good showing against the red hot Raptors(that felt weird to say).

I remember hating him early last season, but I have came to the realization that he's going to have to step it up and play like he has the past couple games if the Bulls are going to consisnently put together wins.

I really like the new lineup and lately I have to also give Ben Gordon some credit. He's looked much much better since entering the starting lineup and has had a much better shot selection.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 05:47 PM)
Look whose back in the 8 seed in the East. :o

Must win tommorrow vs. Toronto.

Are you kidding me? If the season ended today would we really be the 8th seed? If so, thats pathetic, but I'll take it.

Still I need to see this team play consistently like it did the past two nights.

So Hoopsworld and the Orlando Sentinel are reporting we're interested in Vitaly Potapenko from Seattle. So we're trading for a more overpaid stiff then Mario Kasun? Oh goody. :bang The only way I can see this being good for us if we can ship out Kelvin Cato, and we get another piece back in the deal as well.

And the Denver being interested in Ben Gordon stories have continued to surface a little on the net, here's a good read on the Gordon situation;

Are Ben Gordon’s days in Chicago numbered? – maybe – he’ll really be the driving force behind a trade if one happens. Chicago is looking for something to jumpstart their season 14-19 season, the hope internally is that Ben Gordon will be the catalyst to their success – 21 points last night against Memphis didn’t hurt, but it’s Ben’s leadership the team needs. The common question asked about this year’s Bulls versus last year’s Bulls is why the drop off – easy answer is leadership, The Bulls desperately miss Antonio Davis’ leadership not only in the locker room, but on the bench and on the floor – they are looking for some of their more tested and respected guys to take control of this team and Ben Gordon is one of those guys. The other missing component is Eddy Curry, while he was not a driving factor for the Bulls post season run, he was a personality that other engaged, and he did bring the personality and spirit out of his teammates. The Bulls are hoping that Ben Gordon can emerge in both of those roles, being a go-to leader and a personality the brings guys together – that hasn’t happened yet, and if it does not start happening soon, Ben could find himself traded for a veteran leader, because the Bulls are loaded with young guys that can score.

I'm not suprised to see Drew Gooden looking like he'll be traded instead of re-signing with the Cavs. He's got some good offensive talent, but the guy just can't play much defense at all.

The time seems to be coming to end for Drew Gooden in Cleveland, not from any real action of his own, Drew has played some of his best basketball with the Cavaliers, but given that his contract ends this summer, and he is expected to demand upwards of $50 million, it is more likely the Cavaliers cash out Drew than keep him. The situation gets even more complicated when you factor in rumors than Gooden is not one of head coach Mike Brown’s favorite players – Drew's future is Cleveland could be coming to an end. Sources close to the Cavs say the Cavaliers are not actively shopping Drew, but it is commonly believed Drew will be dealt by the trade deadline.

If the Cleveland Cavaliers are going to trade Drew Gooden, The Nuggets would be more than happy to take him off their hands. Rumor has it the Nuggets offered Earl Watson to the Cavs for Gooden, and were turned away, but as talk regarding Gooden heats up, expect Denver to be one of the suitors.

After Sacarmento's listless performance last night against the Pacers, surely Rick Adelman is a dead man walking. I think he'd be a perfect coach for a team like the Hawks though, if another coaching vacancy came along. He's had that Kings team good for a long time, with that offensive system, that turns Brad Miller and Vlade Divac into leading assists for centers around the league. It's just that guys like Mike Bibby are just not listening to Rick anymore.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 10:16 PM)
Pathetic but true.

Right now in the East, there's 6 definite teams who are going to make it and are a notch above the rest. Then you've got a logjam or teams who are mediocre at the moment, but on their day they can still beat anybody.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 9, 2006 -> 07:51 PM)
Bulls win their 3rd game in a row.  Hinrich and Gordon led the way.  Is the I hate Ben Gordon fan club gonna give him any props?  He's been playing very well of late.

As one of the co-founders I gave him quite a bit of props yesterday or the day before. He's been playing much much better since entering the starting lineup.

Why Charlie Villenueva didn't play at all tonight, when the Bulls don't even have a center, I do not know. But then again, Sam "I don't prepare for defense according to Rafer Alston" Mitchell, is the coach now isn't he, and it showed tonight.

Hinrich looks like he's got his shooting touch back.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 01:06 AM)
What a shocker that is!

Yes, it is. There are many reasons why he was never in the starting line-up. For one his stamina was/is a problem. He is also an extremely streaky scorer... much like iverson. Good scorer... bad shooter/shot selection. That is the only way he resembles one of the better players in the last decade aka hall of famer with ease.

Gordon will likely get traded with in a year and a half and most bulls fans will be crying about how he is such a huge loss... :lol:

Yes, it is. There are many reasons why he was never in the starting line-up. For one his stamina was/is a problem. He is also an extremely streaky scorer... much like iverson. Good scorer... bad shooter/shot selection. That is the only way he resembles one of the better players in the last decade aka hall of famer with ease.

Gordon will likely get traded with in a year and a half and most bulls fans will be crying about how he is such a huge loss... :lol:

I remember how a few people here greatly overrated Tyson Chandler last season and how he was so much better than Eddy Curry. Now Chandler looks like a bust and his contract makes me sick.

Edited by SSH2005

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 11:15 AM)
I remember how a few people here greatly overrated Tyson Chandler last season and how he was so much better than Eddy Curry.  Now Chandler looks like a bust and his contract makes me sick.

But Qwerty said Curry was a bust and that Chandler is much more important to our team that cant be true!

But seriously.... Gordon has improved on all aspects of his game since enterting the starting lineup. His shot selection is much better, he is passing the ball getting around 5 assists a game, and his defense is much improved.

Also I think Kirk plays much better with Gordon in the game than he does with Duhon. I love Duhon but I always felt he was better suited off as a PG coming off the bench when either Gordon/Hinrich were having a bad shooting night he would get more time.

Also Deng is still the man :cheers... and Nocioni has been much better on offense this season its kind of remarkable.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 08:04 AM)
But Qwerty said Curry was a bust and that Chandler is much more important to our team that cant be true!

But seriously.... Gordon has improved on all aspects of his game since enterting the starting lineup.  His shot selection is much better, he is passing the ball getting around 5 assists a game, and his defense is much improved.

Also I think Kirk plays much better with Gordon in the game than he does with Duhon.  I love Duhon but I always felt he was better suited off as a PG coming off the bench when either Gordon/Hinrich were having a bad shooting night he would get more time.

Also Deng is still the man  :cheers... and Nocioni has been much better on offense this season its kind of remarkable.

But...but...but..but...but...Stamina!...Shot-Alterer!

I agree on pretty much all of your points. Good call on duhon.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 11:15 AM)
Now Chandler looks like a bust and his contract makes me sick.

Chandler is playing out of position, Skiles ain't giving him adequate minutes mostly because he gets into foul trouble as a result of playing out of position, etc. The only thing that makes me sick is how people are quick to criticize a guy with rare defensive tools who just turned 23 years of age. Y'all should direct your anger at Paxson for not having a legitimate center on the roster. Chandler is clearly a PF at 235 pounds.

Curry, on the other hand? That guy ain't interested in winning anything. He's soft, lazy, stupid, carefree, etc. That's the guy that I want on my team. He's a freaking Knickerbocker through and through.

Ben Gordon is a joke. A few good games ain't gonna change anything. He's a freaking midget out of the SG slot who couldn't even cover me or qwerty, let alone an NBA SG. His shot selection is borderline retarded. His Assist-To-Turnover ratio was 1.08 to 1.00 not even a week ago. Has he finally gotten up to 40% shooting, lol? Ship him off to NY so that he could join some of the other rejects (Crawford, Curry).

Opinions should not change on the fly. Ben Gordon will forever suck, and hard at that. Nothing is going to change that. Both the physical and mental tools are there for me to poop on.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 08:09 PM)
You don't give Tyson Chandler the contract he has for being a really good defender.  If you can't score, you shouldn't get a GIANT deal like Tyson's, simple as that.

There is so much more to basketball that just scoring, but I agree that it's making baskets that puts asses in seats. I understand how the business works.

While defense rules all without exception, I agree that guys like Samuel Dalembert and Tyson Chandler are making a little bit too much, as casual fans don't come out to see them. They want scoring, scoring, and more scoring. While I pity the fool that thinks along those lines, it's just reality.