Annika

Sox1422

Is even par after 1 hole

I am torn, Part of me hopes she makes the cut, just to put a scare into the good ol boys network that is the PGA, but at the sametime she doesn't deserve to be there, because she never had to go through the same grueling qualifying to earn a tour card that the rest of the guys there did. The sponsers are expoiting her and that pisses me off.

She was one of eight people who got exemptions to play. She was just the only woman. Tiger got exemptions before he joined the Tour too. A lot of people do. She isn't looking to do the PGA full time, she just wants a challenge or two. I think its great for golf (was gonna say the sport, but...)

I don't buy that qualifing crap, she's in a sponsor's spot, not robbing a "guy that's just trying to make a living" Mark Rypien played a f***ing tounament one year, seeing as she shot a 71 she deserves to be there, I thought she'd hit an 82, good for her.

This is a total non-issue as far as I'm concerned. The PGA (note that there is no "M" before the "PGA") claim to be the world's best golfers, so what are they afraid of. Saying Annika shouldn't play because there is an LPGA is like saying Jackie Robinson should not have gotten his chance because there was a Negro League. It's pretty damn simple when you look at like that.

She tees off today at 1:43 Chicago time.  They are projecting an even par cut meaning she needs to shoot a 69 or better.  The top 70 positions make the cut, plus any ties.

The cut line at Colonial the last 5 years has been +3 or +4 and with the rain I expected that to be the same, why is it so low?

The cut line at Colonial the last 5 years has been +3 or +4 and with the rain I expected that to be the same, why is it so low?

She is tied for 73rd right now with her one over par. The rules for the tourney dictate that they take the top 70 players plus ties. I guess everyone has beared down and is playing their asses off so that they don't get beat by Sorenstam.

She is tied for 73rd right now with her one over par.  The rules for the tourney dictate that they take the top 70 players plus ties.  I guess everyone has beared down and is playing their asses off so that they don't get beat by Sorenstam.

Or they made it a tad easier for her. Or less people are trying to make shots to win the tournament, and simply trying to play safe so as not to lose to a girl. The possibilities are endless and will no doubt flood sports shows for a while.