for chirstmas

hi8is

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 26, 2005 -> 06:43 AM)
How many times had you refilled that 2 oz glass of wine?

"They had these liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny cups of beer...."

"How many of these "little tiny cups of beer" did you have?"

"...................seventy-five................"

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 26, 2005 -> 07:15 AM)
"They had these liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny cups of beer...."

"How many of these "little tiny cups of beer" did you have?"

"...................seventy-five................"

I love it when an obscure reference, to a show that first aired 30 years ago, is caught in 5 minutes :headbang :lolhitting

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 26, 2005 -> 07:28 AM)
Yeah, I'm just old enough to remember the first airing of that show.....

:crying

Me too. Only worse, the counter programming to that show was Movin' On, a heartwarming story of two truckers, one who happened to be a lawyer. If my dad was home, I'd have to watch that.

Damn, I was an abused kid, only one tv and no cable

of course there is more then is being presented. it was just the needle in a haystack of needles that broke the flood banks. just kind of crazy that it was accually only 2 ounces of wine. just kind of crazy that my mom knows i am an addict and procedes to give me margaritas when we're on the freeway driving to a family christmas party last weekend. just kind of crazy that i tell my parents i cant have any alchlol around the house and they still keep putting wine in the fridge. just kind of crazy that it was on christmas. just kind of crazy that im the definitive and sole bad guy in the situation. just kind of crazy that i didnt want to say anything to them because then it would be me making my problems their fault.

and i dont want that.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 26, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
Not to be rude, but maybe you should get some help. AA, or a counselor or something.

If you have an addiction, you need to take care of it.

something thats in plain sight for someone like you took me 22 years and 317 days to figure out.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Dec 26, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
you need your own place.  You will appreciate your parents and they will appreciate you much more.

its true, just the situation and way in which the events transpired were.... odd, to say the least.

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE(hi8is @ Dec 26, 2005 -> 10:57 PM)
something thats in plain sight for someone like you took me 22 years and 317 days to figure out.

Hey man - all joking aside - if you're able to get some help and better yourself for it, you'll look back at this is the day that changed your life for the better. Good luck, dude. :)

As others have said, there's probably more to the story than we've even been presented yet, but seriously, you need to get out of there if this sort of thing is happening.

My fiance's relationship with her parents is awful, its' been 2.5 years since I got her 2000 miles away from them, and she still has problems with them of all sorts. The longer you're around them, when they're trying to kick you out over silly things, the longer you'll regret it. Even if you're still just in college...if you want a new year's resolution, resolve to end the year out of there.

If it's so bad there that you're posting @ random message boards about how you've been kicked out of your house for drinking legally, then it's worse than probably even you're willing to acknowledge, and the longer you stay around there, the worse things will get. I wish I'd been able to get my Fiance out of her place earlier. Seriously man. The only way you can get things fixed in your own life is to try to build a life on your own.

Btw, if she ever makes a name here...no one tell her about this post.

of course there is more then is being presented. it was just the needle in a haystack of needles that broke the flood banks. just kind of crazy that it was accually only 2 ounces of wine. just kind of crazy that my mom knows i am an addict and procedes to give me margaritas when we're on the freeway driving to a family christmas party last weekend. just kind of crazy that i tell my parents i cant have any alchlol around the house and they still keep putting wine in the fridge. just kind of crazy that it was on christmas. just kind of crazy that im the definitive and sole bad guy in the situation. just kind of crazy that i didnt want to say anything to them because then it would be me making my problems their fault.

and i dont want that.

if you are addicted, get some help, see a doctor. please dont even try to say its hard to get help for alcohalism, because its easy. you could even get hypnotized- i personally know two people that worked for. dont complain unless you are willing to help yourself. it's their house, so they can keep whatever they want in the fridge. you have to be willing to help yourself if you want to be helped.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 26, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
As others have said, there's probably more to the story than we've even been presented yet, but seriously, you need to get out of there if this sort of thing is happening.

My fiance's relationship with her parents is awful, its' been 2.5 years since I got her 2000 miles away from them, and she still has problems with them of all sorts.  The longer you're around them, when they're trying to kick you out over silly things, the longer you'll regret it.  Even if you're still just in college...if you want a new year's resolution, resolve to end the year out of there.

If it's so bad there that you're posting @ random message boards about how you've been kicked out of your house for drinking legally, then it's worse than probably even you're willing to acknowledge, and the longer you stay around there, the worse things will get.  I wish I'd been able to get my Fiance out of her place earlier.  Seriously man.  The only way you can get things fixed in your own life is to try to build a life on your own.

Btw, if she ever makes a name here...no one tell her about this post.

Sounds to me like they are trying to help him with some tough love versus tossing him out for stupid reasons.

QUOTE(timotime @ Dec 27, 2005 -> 03:17 PM)
if you are addicted, get some help, see a doctor. please dont even try to say its hard to get help for alcohalism, because its easy. you could even get hypnotized- i personally know two people that worked for. dont complain unless you are willing to help yourself. it's their house, so they can keep whatever they want in the fridge. you have to be willing to help yourself if you want to be helped.

:chair