Kevin Millwood to Texas

Guest JimH

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Dec 27, 2005 -> 11:36 AM)
So now the question is...can we scratch Texas off the list of potential teams Garland will be traded to?

If I were them, I'd still be looking to add starting pitching, but they may very well think they're set with Eaton and Millwood fronting that rotation and their series of bats. They may be right too, with the Angels still treading water they may have a shot at that division, if people on Oakland keep having injury problems.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 27, 2005 -> 08:26 PM)
If I were them, I'd still be looking to add starting pitching, but they may very well think they're set with Eaton and Millwood fronting that rotation and their series of bats.  They may be right too, with the Angels still treading water they may have a shot at that division, if people on Oakland keep having injury problems.

Padilla > Eaton

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Dec 27, 2005 -> 02:36 PM)
So now the question is...can we scratch Texas off the list of potential teams Garland will be traded to?

I would hope that they don't think they can get by with Millwood-Eaton-Padilla with two young players filling up the back end of their rotation. That's by far the weakest rotation in their division (I even like Seattle more thanks to King Felix), even if it is better than it has been in the past. They'd still have to rely heavily on out-slugging everyone. If I were them I'd still be looking at Garland, otherwise it would be a little tough to catch the Angels and A's, both of which have a better rotation and bullpen with a fairly competent offense. However, I get the feeling that they might be happy with what they've done and try to hang onto Danks and Diamond.

I dont think this is such a bad signing for the rangers... like someone else said everyone was laughing when the Tribe signed Millwood too and he only led the league in era.... will he do that again noooo but now the Rangers have a pretty decent starting staff.

Padilla, Eaton, and Millwood all for sure starting. Than a guy that has showed flashes of greatness and I think has the talent to be a stud is Juan Dominguez... and Im guessing maybe one of their prized pitching prospects like Volquez takes the 5th spot.

I find it funny when someone said they had no prized pitching prospects when really they have 3 prospects that BA probably rates higher than B-Mac.