Rockies interested in Willie Harris

SSH2005

I guess he hasn't become a Rockie yet.

Willie Harris - 2B - White Sox 

Willie Harris has yet to agree to a deal with the Rockies, as details regarding the one-year contract still need to be worked out.

The Denver Post has updated its story since this morning. It's still expected that the two sides will complete a deal. Dec. 31 - 3:13 pm et Source: Denver Post

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Dec 28, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
First Aaron Miles now Willie Harris? Maybe they'll take Borchard, Timo, Munoz, Adkins, and others and make the White Sox AAAA team?

They took Sandy Alomar, Jr. for a half year also I believe. But I didn't know that Harris is a smoker, how could you do that to yourself when speed is your best asset, I'd want my lungs clear as can be.

Looks like the Rockies have moved on from Willie...

http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/mlb/arti...4370805,00.html

The Rockies announced Byung-Hyun Kim will return for a second season, agreeing to terms on a one-year contract, and acquired middle infielder Josh Wilson from the Florida Marlins for future considerations to fill a utility void.
The Rockies had been talking with free-agent Willie Harris about the utility job, but he was seeking more than double the $450,000 the Rockies offered and is not as capable at shortstop as Wilson.

QUOTE(SSH2005 @ Jan 10, 2006 -> 06:17 AM)
http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_3381852

Any ideas on what A.L. team it could be?

Starting CF for the Boston Red Sox.

I could be kidding, but I'm not even sure. It could honestly be just about any team. He can be useful to a lot of teams as a defensive replacement and pinch runner.