R the Sox goin to get a CF

wilmot825

After the rumors about Jerry Owens, are the White Sox going to make a run and re-aquiring Rowand or possibly trying for Joey Gathright? I am just not sold on Anderson yet and don't want him to be a bust and screw up the rest of the line-up. Gathright is speedy and a solid #2 hitter Ozzie is looking for, but he isn't proven yet. I would love to get Rowand back and then have the unltimate team. :gosox1:

QUOTE(wilmot825 @ Dec 28, 2005 -> 04:31 PM)
After the rumors about Jerry Owens, are the White Sox going to make a run and re-aquiring Rowand or possibly trying for Joey Gathright? I am just not sold on Anderson yet and don't want him to be a bust and screw up the rest of the line-up. Gathright is speedy and a solid #2 hitter Ozzie is looking for, but he isn't proven yet. I would love to get Rowand back and then have the unltimate team. :gosox1:

Please expand on this owens things, and why gathright is better than Brian Anderson.

QUOTE(wilmot825 @ Dec 28, 2005 -> 06:31 PM)
After the rumors about Jerry Owens, are the White Sox going to make a run and re-aquiring Rowand. I would love to get Rowand back and then have the unltimate team. :gosox1:

:huh: Why would they trade him in the first place??

Ohh yeah Philly will go, yeah we traded you Thome now take the guy you gave us back ;)

QUOTE(JoshPR @ Dec 28, 2005 -> 11:29 PM)

Ohh yeah Philly will go, yeah we traded you Thome now take the guy you gave us back ;)

As much as I like ARow...I can't see that happening. We may be better off with BA in the order than ARow anyway. Time will tell.

QUOTE(JoshPR @ Dec 29, 2005 -> 05:29 AM)

They prob cared more about the prospects than getting Rowand who was probably more of something to keep the fans a little happy showing they got an actual major leager in return from a WS taam.

As for Gathright I dont see how he is any more of a sure thing than Anderson if not less.

QUOTE(wilmot825 @ Dec 29, 2005 -> 09:31 AM)
Gathright is speedy and a solid #2 hitter Ozzie is looking for

For all of you playing at home, that's the Joey Gathright with the .306 OBP after the ASB, with a .310 OBP in total against righties.

Am I almost right in saying, Willie Harris could actually be a little more useful then Gathright in CF unless Gathright can suddenly turn into Scott Podsednik in terms of getting on base?

Too many Sox fans are in denial about Anderson being the CF next year.

Get used to it.

KW has said it often, "He's the guy we're going with."

Is BA so horrific a possibility that some chose to construct a dozen other possible and impossible scenarios?

QUOTE(kevin57 @ Dec 29, 2005 -> 10:39 AM)
Too many Sox fans are in denial about Anderson being the CF next year.

Get used to it.

KW has said it often, "He's the guy we're going with." 

Is BA so horrific a possibility that some chose to construct a dozen other possible and impossible scenarios?

Kevin, is that the picture you got at a U.S. Cellular store? That rocks. Love the back ground. I'm going tomorrow to Ford City Mall. hopefully I dont get shot. :P