In teh spirit of the holidays, can anyone help me?

TheBigHurt

Well, the replay of the WS Game 2 is on tonight. I just today (what great timing) got DirecTV and my TV does not have connections enough to set up my VCR to be able to tape it now that it's moved from channel 37 to six hundred-something, rofl, but I've taped every postseason game up to this point, and I REALLY want this game on tape (Paulie, GRAND SLAM! Pods, GAME WINNING HOMER!) and this may seem like a strange request, but it's my only hope right now with the limited amount of time I have, I was hoping maybe someone could tape it for me (without commercials if possible? XD) and I could buy it from that person? Pay the shipping, whatever. I know, wierd, but it's my only hope. LMK if anyone can help me out (can PM me or AIM me as well). Thanks.

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Dec 29, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
Excuse my ignorance, but I thought it was perfectly legal to tape a game? O_O

Dunno if I'll even be able to afford the DVD when it coems out. Besides that, I'm very obsessive. LMAO.

It is legal to tape the game for your own personal viewing. it is illegal to make copies and distribute them to other people, especially if there is money involved.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 29, 2005 -> 03:22 PM)
It is legal to tape the game for your own personal viewing.  it is illegal to make copies and distribute them to other people, especially if there is money involved.

Ugh... DOI.

Shi-aaat. I guess I'll HAVE to wait for that DVD. -_-

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 29, 2005 -> 03:21 PM)
The quality of the broadcast IMO sucks.  I would wait for the DVD.  They arent even putting out a HD signal.

I too can't believe the poor quality of the re-broadcast. I really miss watching it in HD. Oh well... the DVD set will be out soon.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 29, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
The quality of the broadcast IMO sucks.  I would wait for the DVD.  They arent even putting out a HD signal.

Funny thing, they haven't had the games in HD for all the replays, yet for some reason, I got about half of game 1 of the World Series in HD. Not sure what the deal is.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 29, 2005 -> 03:18 PM)
They'll be releasing a DVD in a few months with this game on it. Perhaps you should take the non-illegal route and just wait for that to be released and purchase it.

are these DVDs going to have all the playoff games on them? and who is releasing them? can anyone give me a link?

QUOTE(Bhay99 @ Dec 29, 2005 -> 05:18 PM)
are these DVDs going to have all the playoff games on them? and who is releasing them? can anyone give me a link?

To answer your questions:

NO, the dvd box set will not have every game in its entirey, though it is proable that it WILL have every WS game in its entirety.

A&E will be releasing the boxset under MLB productions.

Someone posted a link in another thread from Amazon, I couldnt find the thread or on amazon, but I believe it comes out in late March/April??

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 29, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
It is legal to tape the game for your own personal viewing.  it is illegal to make copies and distribute them to other people, especially if there is money involved.

If someone was coming on here selling unlicensed videotapes or DVDs of the World Series, then yes, that's illegal. I guess I don't see this as a totally abnormal query, or at least one much different from someone asking around their circle of friends. In that case I still feel that this classifies as personal use and the spirit of the law is against unlicensed mass-distribution.

While a lawyer may be technically able to hunt you down for making a copy of a VHS dub, there is no way they would because a single copy that a Soxtalker paid for a blank tape and to have said tape shipped is not worth the effort.

If you don't want to help the guy out, don't, but blowing the anti-piracy whistle is excessive.

Edited by Drew

QUOTE(Drew @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
If someone was coming on here selling unlicensed videotapes or DVDs of the World Series, then yes, that's illegal. I guess I don't see this as a totally abnormal query, or at least one much different from someone asking around their circle of friends. In that case I still feel that this classifies as personal use and the spirit of the law is against unlicensed mass-distribution.

While a lawyer may be technically able to hunt you down for making a copy of a VHS dub, there is no way they would because a single copy that a Soxtalker paid for a blank tape and to have said tape shipped is not worth the effort.

If you don't want to help the guy out, don't, but blowing the anti-piracy whistle is excessive.

Thanks for the lecture. When you have a website feel free to break all of the laws that you like, meanwhile I think I can handle things.