Friday 5pm Wedding tomorrow...

sox4lifeinPA

Whats's sad about trying to save money?

Friday weddings are a great idea, Sunday weddings suck.

We were married the Friday after Thanksgiving and all our guests thought it was a great idea. Most people have the day off already and there's not much to do on that day and they still had a full weekend to recover from the hangover.

I went to a few Friday weddings (in June) and it was a complete pain in the ass. I had an okay time at them, but it was the worst rushing out of work to get 30+ miles away and try to look fresh as a daisy. That is why there was no way in hell I was going to get married on a Friday (all I had to do was remind Brian of the rushing around and he agreed 100%). Turns out we wouldn't have saved that much if we had done a Friday wedding. In any case, I am extremely glad it is done and now I wish I could hire someone else to do our wedding album as I just don't give a damn about it in the least.

Dang, for a minute I thought it was YOU getting married, PA.

Have you set a date, btw?

And I agree with the no-Friday-weddings crowd. Friday is for the bachelor/bachelorette parties, so that there is a very real chance of one or the other being passed out and missing their wedding. :D

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Dec 31, 2005 -> 04:47 AM)
Whats's sad about trying to save money?

Friday weddings are a great idea, Sunday weddings suck.

We were married the Friday after Thanksgiving and all our guests thought it was a great idea.  Most people have the day off already and there's not much to do on that day and they still had a full weekend to recover from the hangover.

The sad part is you are spending $20,000+ on a wedding, and worried about maybe another $1000 by switching the wedding to a Friday. I get these same people in my shop sometimes ordering wedding invitations. They want custom everything, then balk when I show them the price. They try to point out that in the book they can order them for $300, so I suggest that they order those instead. "But I want this special ridged paper in my color with the gold foil stamping on it" Oh well. I'll bet her wedding dress cost well into 4 figures, and she didn't bat an eyelash. The Friday after turkey day is a slightly different animal, as most non-retail people are not working that day anyway.