Kobe Bryant losing his damn mind...

Just heard on ESPN radio that Kobe Bryant got into it with Lamar Odom and it got physical, with Bryant supposedly making the first move, and his personal security staff had to break it up and keep them apart during the bus ride to the airport.

This follows up the Mike Miller incident where he went after Miller by giving him a forearm to the throat, supposedly for retaliation for an earlier hard foul.

Kobe Bryant is crazy. He drives Shaq out of town, he takes a ridiculous amount of shots a night. IMO this is what happens when you pamper an athlete from HS and stuff starts to go wrong, the have a hard time handling it.

If you read his apology to the women from Colorado after everything was settled it was sickening. He just didn't get it. Now the public isn't embracing him and he's having a hard time dealing with it, espically since his team is doing OK, but not a major force in the NBA

QUOTE(qwerty @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 10:57 AM)
This is several days old by now. This guy is so good but such a damn douche.

I think we're just learning about how bad it got...Link

Kobe Bryant may be remaking his image off the court, but the Los Angeles Lakers guard reportedly is showing more of a nasty side on the court.

And a lot of the nastiness is directed at his teammates.

The New York Post said people sitting near L.A.'s bench for the Rockets and Wizards games were flabbergasted at the things he screamed at his teammates.

The Post also reported Friday more about a major confrontation between Bryant and teammate Lamar Odom after the Lakers’ loss at Washington.

The confrontation reportedly led to smashing of lights and damaging of a TV monitor belonging to the Lakers' flagship station in front of the visitors’ locker room.

Bryant was angry at Odom for supposedly botching a pick-and-roll that was to set up a three-point shot for Bryant that could have tied the game, the Post said.

The newspaper said as the pair got closer to the Lakers' dressing room, Bryant was yelling at Odom. Odom yelled back and that's when Bryant reportedly went after Odom. In doing so, The Post said Bryant kicked over the lights and a chair holding the TV monitor. The newspaper said Bryant’s security force of two quickly intervened and separated the pair.

The Post said they again exchanged heated words and challenges in the locker room and that the tension was so intense one of the security guys accompanied Odom to the back of the charter bus and sat nearby on the trip to the airport while the other sat in the front with Kobe, the last member of the Lakers to board.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Dec 30, 2005 -> 04:43 PM)
Did he actually wear those in a game? I thought someone photoshoped it. WHarris you are right, he does look like a giant douche bag with those things on.

He wears them every game.

Tucked into his f***ing socks too...

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Dec 31, 2005 -> 05:36 PM)
Well,  the saying is still true.  BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!  Kobe got exactly what he wanted.  He wanted to be "the man".  Not so easy when you don't have Shaq commanding 80% of the defense.

"But don't forget we can get a good rebounding oppurtunity when I have the ball!!!!" :bang

I actually hope Odom gets traded for Ron Artest. It'd be fun to watch Artest and Kobe try to beat the s*** out of each other. I give them 3 months.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 31, 2005 -> 03:59 AM)
"But don't forget we can get a good rebounding oppurtunity when I have the ball!!!!"  :bang

I actually hope Odom gets traded for Ron Artest. It'd be fun to watch Artest and Kobe try to beat the s*** out of each other. I give them 3 months.

I think artest would win in a fight between the two.

Edited by sayitaintso

Kobe's just a spoiled brat. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt with the rape charge. But since he basically got Shaq out of town, he's been nothing more than a wannabe leader on a team that has decent talent, but he doesn't give the rest of the team the credit they deserve. Taking 30 shots in a game is obsurred.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Dec 31, 2005 -> 01:36 AM)
Well,  the saying is still true.  BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!  Kobe got exactly what he wanted.  He wanted to be "the man".  Not so easy when you don't have Shaq commanding 80% of the defense.

don't forget, nobody else really commands much attention when the Lakers have the ball, either.