Draft Order Is In

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jan 2, 2006 -> 07:32 PM)
With so Many needs at Houston.. I could see them dealing the pick,

For a 1,3,4 this year

1 and 3 next year.. Maybe more given Bush going pro.

Houston has Domnick Davis, they could also trade him for a 2nd round pick, Draft Bush, and pick up 2 OL in the 2nd round.

Wow I didn't know anyone payed attention to the Houston Texans.....

All the "experts" are saying that Leinart would pull an Elway/Manning and refuse to play for New Orleans if they selected him, so it is possible he could go to TEN, NYJ, OAK, or BUF.

I wonder what will be left for the Bears to pick at #32?

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 05:33 PM)
All the "experts" are saying that Leinart would pull an Elway/Manning and refuse to play for New Orleans if they selected him, so it is possible he could go to TEN, NYJ, OAK, or BUF.

Buffalo would make Matt Leinart rapidly look like David Carr. They have a QB right now that they're developing in Losman, who they should at least give another season or 2 to develop. They have VASTLY more important needs. Their Defense, which was one of the best in the league the last 2 years, fell apart when Spikes got hurt. Their Offensive line is still absolutely offensive. And they may well lose a very good veteran receiver in Eric Moulds because the coach doesn't get along with him.

Buffalo should try to focus on O-Line, but should take the best talent available unless it's a running back. If that's Leinart, try to trade down for extra picks.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 07:33 PM)

I don't know if that will happen, but I think NO is going to go with AJ Hawk anyway and trading down while at it.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 05:29 PM)
Brandon Williams is going to be good.

Id say a less polished Lee Evans, and depending on what he runs in the 40, he may be a 1st round pick.

If the Bears could get him in the 2nd, I think he would be a very nice slot receiver, and he can return.

SB

I am going to go out on a limb and say with Bradley coming back, and with Gage and Berrian showing nice flashes late, the Bears aren't going to draft a WR early on... Maybe on the 2nd day of the draft, if at all.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 10:36 AM)
I am going to go out on a limb and say with Bradley coming back, and with Gage and Berrian showing nice flashes late, the Bears aren't going to draft a WR early on... Maybe on the 2nd day of the draft, if at all.

If anything a 2nd day WR like you mentioned or a guy like Randle El who can come in as a slot receiver and help with special teams (although I don't know if its worth paying what he may get cause I'm sure someone will drastically over-pay).

I wouldn't mind drafting heavily on Oline, and potentially finding a replacement for Zoom. And I definately think TE is a key position to look at. However, aside from the TE's mentioned I think this draft is extremely strong and I happen to like a potential 2nd rounder like Fasano (from ND) or a 3rd rounder (or thats where I'd assume he'd go) in Chandler (from Iowa). Chandler has good hands, a big body, not the greatest speed, and is a solid blocker. Iowa has developed a pretty good TE (Dallas Clark) whose suceeded in the pro's and while Chandler isn't quite Dallas Clark, he's pretty good despite not getting talked up much.

My old fearless prediction on this draft is that I have said Matt Leinart is the left handed Ken Dorsey since he first got the QB job at USC, and I will say his NFL career will be similar to the mediocre one Dorsey is having, only with more media attention. Feel free to fire away at me now.

Bears not drafting or signing a good wr would be one of the worst mistakes.

I can not name any time where they have had more good WR's then they could find playing time.

And why would you want Randle El, who is going to be more expensive then Brandon Williams, and is not as good of a WR or returner?

IMO you draft best player available unless you have a glaring need.

SB

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 06:36 PM)

They also have Currie who they drafted last year so that might keep them from drafting a WR knowing they are going to have him.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jan 3, 2006 -> 03:52 PM)
It appears Scott and I are on the same page once again.

Scott's newest mock

LINK

Im bound and determined that Leinart doesnt go to New Orleans, Id like to see him with the Jets even though they have Pennington or maybe drop down to the Raiders, Jay Cutler is a player I thought would surprise alot of people from the beginning of the season he could be a steal for the dolphins at pick 7. I also dont see vernon davis going to the niners, they have more important needs than a tight end.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 11:26 PM)
Same, but he claims to not like any of the teams that could draft him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2280007

Well he has to realize that teams that end up drafting a player of his caliber are usually not superbowl teams right off the bat. I say there is a 1.1% chance he comes back, and he does he is foolish. No one knows what will happen to him injury wise and realistically how much higher can his stock get?

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 11:38 PM)
If Young goes in to the draft, do you think he could go #1?

I would take him number one.

Just an unreal game breaker.

I've never seen someone with his scrambling ability, just amazing.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 11:38 PM)
If Young goes in to the draft, do you think he could go #1?

No. Houston doesn't need a QB. If David Carr had an offensive line he would be a pretty good QB. Draft Bush and use him the way USC used him this season while still having Davis be your feature Back.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jan 4, 2006 -> 11:43 PM)
No.  Houston doesn't need a QB.  If David Carr had an offensive line he would be a pretty good QB.  Draft Bush and use him the way USC used him this season while still having Davis be your feature Back.

It's funny how the only Texan who did his job has the least job security.

I agree they shouldn't draft him. NO should.