What are your most prized posessions?

Winning Ugly

I don't have much, but two autographed pictures of icons in my life.

One is a 1992 Bulls playoff program with Pippen on the cover, going in for a layup against Ron Harper. My boss from True-Value in Berwyn used to be an usher at the Stadium for Bulls and Hawks games, and got Scottie to autograph the program for me, with my name on it.

The other is an 8x10 black and white photo of Bernie Mac autographed with my name on it again. Bernie goes to as many basketball games as he can of his nephew's in Chicago (the one portrayed in the tv show). It so happens that my two nephews work the scorer's tables for all the games, and my brother met Bernie and chats with him at the games. What a down-to-earth brotha that man is. He walks in with no body guards or anything and just blends in. He told my brother when he asked for the autographed photo one week that he would personally bring it the following week. Turns out he was filming unexpectedly that week in LA, but still remembered the request from my brother and gave the photo to his wife to present to my brother. Talk about class.

My autographed copy of "Stupid White Men...and Other Sorry Excuses for the State of the Nation" that I got when I was able to meet Michael Moore on his book tour (he came to the UIUC campus)

Any of my books and CD's in my collection that I have picked up over the years.

My "Help Fight Terrorism. Buy Domestic" NORML t-shirt (National Organization Reforming Marijuana Laws)

I got a Keith Foulke autographed hat(bought it over Ebay)..my first ticket stub from my first baseball game ever(and boy do I hate the pictures from that game).

Also...I have a Spam shirt. Just got SPAM in big, bold, yellow letters across the front....and then an advertisement for Minnesota Lottery on the back. Got that at a Twins-Sox game in Minnesota in 2000.

Guest hotsoxchick1

mat the beef thing has to do with mad cow coming down from canada.. we banned your beef for a while......so keep your crabby cows to yourselves up there huh..........

as for my prized possessions... that would have to be my kids first... .then my house, my car, and all the cool sports stuff sittin in my sports room on my hutch.......and on the walls and everywhere else ..... :D

mat the beef thing has to do with mad cow coming down from canada.. we banned your beef for a while......so keep your crabby cows to yourselves up there huh..........

as for my prized possessions... that would have to be my kids first... .then my house, my car, and all the cool sports stuff sittin in my sports room on my hutch.......and on the walls and everywhere else ..... :D

I'm in Beef country so I've been getting bombarded to eat the stuff because of you damn Yanks. I'd be willing to bet that a few of us have mad cow and don't know it, it supposedly can incubate for up to 30 years. It's virtually impossible to cure since it's a protein and we recycle plenty of dead cows(perhaps not know to be carrying the protein) through cow canibalism just as they do in Britain, just as they do in Canada, just as they do in the U.S. I would swear off beef if I knew what was good for me.

Guest hotsoxchick1

yeah your right we probably already have it.. so i guess mine should be coming out soon since im over 30 lol.........i cant swear off beef... i love the stuff.. the more red meat the better.. i hate chicken and fish so im only left with beef........and i like mine still moooing.... the bloody and red kind lol.......mmmmmmmmmmmmm

The other is an 8x10 black and white photo of Bernie Mac autographed with my name on it again. Bernie goes to as many basketball games as he can of his nephew's in Chicago (the one portrayed in the tv show). It so happens that my two nephews work the scorer's tables for all the games, and my brother met Bernie and chats with him at the games. What a down-to-earth brotha that man is. He walks in with no body guards or anything and just blends in. He told my brother when he asked for the autographed photo one week that he would personally bring it the following week. Turns out he was filming unexpectedly that week in LA, but still remembered the request from my brother and gave the photo to his wife to present to my brother. Talk about class.

Bernie Mac is my personal hero for saying "Root, root root for the White SOX" at Wrigley Field when he was the guest singer.

that would have to be my kids first...
Ahhh, how sweet.. ;) :D :cheers

Bernie Mac is my personal hero for saying "Root, root root for the White SOX" at Wrigley Field when he was the guest singer.

Hmm, I don't remember that...why would he say that, isn't he hard core Cubs?

One is a 1992 Bulls playoff program with Pippen on the cover, going in for a layup against Ron Harper. My boss from True-Value in Berwyn used to be an usher at the Stadium for Bulls and Hawks games, and got Scottie to autograph the program for me, with my name on it.

Hmmm, my most prized possessions??? its got to be the pair of balls that I have...there not autographed or anything like that, but do carry these white fishy things with tails that supposedly are the future fruits of my loins...whatever that means...but i think its a big conspiracy theory if you ask me. :bang

See, this is what I hate about arriving late to a thread - all the wisecracks AND nice answers are taken!

I was going to start my list with "my wife and daughter", because they really are the best part of my life. But "kids" was taken.

Then I was going to say "my balls", cuz I've had them my whole life and I'm kinda attached to them, but that was taken too.

So here's the short list - stuff only:

Chair from REAL Comiskey

Ticket stub from first ever game in The Ballpark Formerly Known As Comiskey 2

Picture of when I played in the City World Series at Real Comiskey Park, sitting right in front of King Richard I ( also known as REAL Mayor daley ), autographed on the back by King Richard himself, as well as by little-known Sox outfielder at the time, Pat Kelly

As you may or may not remember, Kelly was African American. When I got older, I started to joke about the look that must've been on Daley's face when they intorduced him to Pat Kelly. He HAD to have been expecting a nice Irish boy, and then there's Pat Kelly.....great. :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1

Hmmm, my most prized possessions??? its got to be the pair of balls that I have...there not autographed or anything like that, but do carry these white fishy things with tails that supposedly are the future fruits of my loins...whatever that means...but i think its a big conspiracy theory if you ask me. :bang

O M F G... ROTFLMMFAO......... i had to actually read it twice to make sure i read it right the first time... i was like.. huh.......what balls could possibly have fishes in them at the ball park........lol.... what can i say its about 6 margaritas into the nite and i have my blonde hair on .......... :D

Bernie Mac is so freaking funny. Him being a Sox fan is just like extra fudge on a sunday.

Bernie Mac is so freaking funny. Him being a Sox fan is just like extra fudge on a sunday.

I'm still confused on that, when he appeared on the Tonight Show(I think it was) he said he was a Cubs fan

My most prized possession is an autographed authentic MJ jersey, with all the tags, and there is a sticker next to the autograph to prove its authenticity. I got it when I was younger and went to Jordan's basketball camp. Every kid got to bring one thing to get signed, so my dad but me this authentic jersey and said it was a good investment. I also have a few Frank Thomas autographs, and a Stan Musial autograph.

As for Michael Moore, the guy is a total idiot. I can not stand him, I hated him before, and my hatred flows more since the oscars. :fyou him and his stupid ass book.